🎶 Mixtape Monday: Injustice 🎶

Welcome to another week of Mixtape Monday! Last time, we put together a playlist to commemorate eighty years of the Penguin:

Penguin Playlist
  • “My Way”, by Frank Sinatra
  • “Mr. Five By Five”, by Ella Mae Morse & Freddie Slack
  • “Umbrella (Rihanna Cover)", by Scott Bradlee
  • “The Duck Song”, by Bryant Oden
  • "Umbrella (Orange Version), by Rihanna
  • “The Escape”, by Burgess Meredith
  • “The Penguin Dance”, by Richard M. Sherman
  • “Chilly Willy’s Song”
  • “Flying”, by The Beatles
  • “Learn to Be Lonely”, by Andrew Lloyd Webber
  • “The Penguin Theme”, from Batman: The Animated Series
  • “Top Hat, White Tie and Tails”, by Tony Bennett
  • “The Umbrella Man”, by Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
  • " Birdsong feat. Zola Blood", by Claptone
**This Week's Theme: Injustice!** =
Next week marks the release of the Injustice animated movie! To celebrate its release, we want to put together the best playlist for one of the worst universes. What songs are on your Injustice playlist? Share them with us, below!

I’ll start things off with this song, which I think does a good job capturing the general feeling of dread and gloom in Injustice:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

11 Likes

The Knightmare timeline is similar to Injustice:
“Must There Be A Superman”, by Hans Zimmer/Junkie XL (from Batman v Superman)

And then this track I feel it works as a “fallen hero” theme:
“Anakin’s Betrayal”, by John Williams (from Star Wars Episode III)

7 Likes

Greetings Mix Mob! :inkys_mixtape_mob2: :notes: Looking forward to checkin out the movie and everyone’s tunage. Here’s what I brought… :purple_heart: Have a great week!

Affection- Crystal Castles

Dead Souls- Joy Division

7 Likes

Did the release date get adjusted at the last minute? Last I knew, it was due on digital and physical media on the 19th.

5 Likes

You’re totally right. :stuck_out_tongue: I changed the OP. Thanks!

6 Likes
6 Likes

5 Likes

You’re welcome. Happy to help. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Anakin has quite a few similarities to the Injustice version of Superman. They both turned to evil over fear for their wife and unborn child, and their brother-in-arms was a major figure in the conflict against them.

5 Likes

This classic song could probably be considered appropriate to the movie’s subject matter:

Paint It, Black - YouTube

5 Likes
6 Likes

Now this thread has this stuck in my head…

7 Likes

All threads lead to Joy Division.
Some start with it.
(Have you heard the cover-of-a-cover on Draven’s Mixtape?)

5 Likes

Thought I’d toss these two in the pot,

6 Likes

@Keath :eyes: No. (furiously googles) :purple_heart: Ty!

5 Likes

First pick for the fallen.

Second pick for the hope:

6 Likes

Where is the playlist? My search engine keeps saying due to extreme overload on the site searches cannot be performed at this moment. My IPad is going crazy. Won’t do anything right? Never mind I found it. Then got bounced back here. Crazy how Fandome is effecting this so much. I can’t even post w/o it asking if I wanna discard or keep editing. Even when I start a post

2 Likes