🎶 Mixtape Monday: Hawkman 🎶

Welcome back to another great edition of Mixtape Monday! Last week we put together the perfect playlist to hop around to for Captain Carrot:
Captain Carrot Playlist
  • “The Bunny Hop”, by Ray Anthony & His Orchestra
  • “Intro/Be A Good Sport”, by Rappin’ Rabbit
  • “At The Hop”, by Danny & the Juniors
  • “Rabbit Fighter”, by T. Rex
  • “Carrot and Stick”, by Joystick
  • “Teddy Bear’s Picnic”, by Jerry Garcia and David Grisman
  • “Creep”, by Radiohead
  • “White Rabbit”, by EmilĂ­ana Torrini
  • “Jump (For My Love)”, by The Pointer Sisters
  • “Little Bunny Foo Foo”, by The Moldy Peaches
  • “Swing the Mood”, by Jive Bunny and the Mixmasters
  • “National Carrot Day Anthem”
  • “run rabbit junk”, by Hideyuki Takahashi
  • “The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down”, by Cliff Friend and Dave Franklin
  • “I Want Candy”, from Hop
  • “Why is a Carrot More Orange than an Orange”, by The Amboy Dukes
  • “White Rabbit”, by Jefferson Airplane
  • “Kill The Wabbit”, by Elmer Fudd

This Week’s Theme: Hawkman

This week we’re creating a playlist for one of the charter members of the JSA-Hawkman! Katar Hol has lived multiple lifetimes over millenia, so he’s sure to have picked up some unique musical tastes. What songs do you think would fill his playlist? Share your choices with us, below!

I’ll start things off with a song that would probably amuse a man who’s lived multiple lifetimes:

And another classic that I’m sure he would enjoy:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

10 Likes

Carter

Katar

7 Likes

– oops - forgot about the McDonald’s rant in You Can’t Kill Me - removed! –

7 Likes

This will always remind me of Hawkman.

This sounds like something Hawkman would listen to on repeat for a few millenia:

7 Likes

“Fly Like An Eagle”, by Steve Miller Band

while he’s not an eagle… it does talk about flying and time, so…
“Lullaby Of Birdland”, by Ella Fitzgerald

figured this would be good for him and his relation with Hawkgirl…

7 Likes

Oh, brilliant. Of course, any mention of Birdland always brings to mind Pee Wee Marquette’s intro of Art Blakey. (Often recognized for being sampled in Us3’s Cantaloop (Flip Fantasia))

5 Likes

Oh, well now I’m so curious! :smiley:

6 Likes

I’m just literal.

Surfin’ Bird - The Trashman

Learning to Fly - Pink Floyd

7 Likes

The Hawks

8 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

how has @MatthewHecht not seen this yet?!

4 Likes

I thought about it and the video is as close to flying around like Hawkman as I would ever get,

Next,

7 Likes

Maybe he’s taking a nap

4 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes

This is a fun variety! There’s a lot I haven’t heard before, and one of my favorite Frank Sinatra songs.

6 Likes

Hello @Green.Lantern,
Here’s my two pick for Hawkman! :smiley:

:00_hawkman:

9 Likes