🎶 Mixtape Monday: Halloween 🎶

Welcome back to another week of Mixtape Monday! Last week, we celebrated the start of Wonder Woman’s ninth decade by putting together a wondrous playlist:

Eighty Years of Wonder Woman Playlist
  • “All You Need Is Love”, by The Beatles
  • “Witchy Woman”, by The Eagles
  • “Once Bitten Twice Shy”, by Great White
  • “Roar”, by Katy Perry
  • “The Schuyler Sisters”, from Hamilton
  • “I Am Woman”, by Helen Reddy
  • “Piano Concerto In B Flat (Tonight We Love)”, by Freddy Martin
  • “Main Title from Justice League”, by Lolita Ritmanis
  • “Wonder Woman’s Wrath”, by Rupert Gregson-Williams
  • “Wonder Woman”, by AWOLNATION
  • “Chainsaw”, by Family Force 5
  • “Rip & Tear”, by Mick Gordon
  • “Warriors”, by Imagine Dragons
  • “Blue Monday”, by Sebastian Böhm
  • “Kings & Queens”, by Ava Max
  • “The Warrior”, by Scandal
  • “If You Can Dream (Pop Version)”, by Ashley Gearing
**This Week's Theme: Halloween!** =

This might not be a surprise to some of you, but Halloween is almost upon us! To mark the arrival of the scariest day of the year, we want to put together a scary good playlist! What are your absolute favorite Halloween songs? Share them with us, below!

I’ll start things off with a catchy number from one of my favorite TV shows:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

13 Likes
11 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes

This first song was lyrically inspired by a vampire film, “Let the Right One In” or something like that…
“XeN0”, by MyChildren MyBride

And then I’m always a fan of atmospheric stuff, and this one is pretty spooky:
“Darth Sion’s Theme”, by Mark Griskey (from Star Wars KOTOR 2)

9 Likes

Happy Halloween @Green.Lantern & @Razzzcat! Please do visit the Haunted Mansion, they would love to have you visit and listen to their haunting music. HAHAHAHAHA!:cloud_with_lightning::cloud_with_lightning:Sorry, Didn’t mean to scare you. :smirk::diya_lamp:

12 Likes

Here’s a classic that is just made for Halloween. Werewolves, the Chaney’s, spooky old London. You can’t beat it.

9 Likes

Well hello there G.L., Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

I’ve been listening to a lot of soundtracks recently for Halloween, so here are a pair that I’d also include in a playlist for Halloween. :halloween_superman: :ghost:

10 Likes

My favorite way to dance to this song.

10 Likes

Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi’s Dead

Great music to hand out candy to.

9 Likes

Just for the title & that it’s in my top 5 all time favorite album covers & full albums.

@patterson65.37405 u took my go to Zevon, great choice tho. @Hiraeth Annie Lennox has one of the best voices ever. Doesn’t get enough credit for just how amazing it is. The keyboard player in the Eurythmics (too lazy to Google his name & it slipped my mind Dave something I believe) married my #1 80’s band female singer, as far as looks go. I also happen to love their music including their remake of Hazy Shade Of Winter. Susanna Hoffs from the Bangles.

12 Likes
5 Likes

Gotta include this classic

12 Likes

That’s crazy u just posted that. I was giving out likes & remembered this one & was heading here to replace one of my others with it.

We can live like Jack and Sally if we want…

8 Likes

I agree about Annie Lennox! I’ve always loved her aesthetic style. :star_struck: She’s unabashedly eccentric, which I’ve always been drawn to.

Wait so who is your favorite female 80s singer? Susanna Hoffs or Siobhan Fahey? I might be confusing myself, which I do often. :laughing:

Also, I love “I Miss You” by blink-182! That’s my favorite song by them. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: It’s perfect for a Halloween song!

6 Likes

I love that song too & ty. Susanna Hoffs is my #1 80’s female lead singer. Music wise? I’d have to think on it. Lennox is at the top tho for sure. Quick answer probably Cyndi Lauper. 5 octave voice & gorgeous. Love a ton of her songs.

6 Likes

@Reaganfan78 I love the Haunted Mansion, it was one of my favorite rides at Disney World as a kid. :slight_smile:
@patterson65.37405 I used to work at Walgreens and they would play that song regularly during October. It was always a little odd when you’re at work and randomly hear about little old ladies getting mutilated and lungs being ripped out. :smiley: It’s a great song, though.

6 Likes

So … I’ve got about 45 hours worth of possible suggestions here, but nobody wants to wade through that. I’m one of those Every Day Is Halloween folks, and am always looking for more tracks to add to my annual mixes I share with friends. (This year’s is over three and a half hours, and about 38% of it tunes released in the past 20 months.) There are some bands who have tons of songs that would fit the bill, but I try to limit myself to only 2-3 tracks per band any given year. (Misfits, Mourning Noise, The Undead, Gorgeous_Frankenstein (and all other horror punk), Nick Cave, The Gun Club, Ghoultown (and all other dark country), Jess-O-Lantern, The Cramps, Rob Zombie (h/t @Hiraeth), Bauhaus (h/t @TravisMorgan) and all David J projects, the Tomb Tones, Bat! (nearly anything on Batcave Records), early Dollyrots, The Creatures (either one), Voltaire, Type O Negative, Bridge City Sinners, Devil’s Daughters, Sonsombre (and anything else from the goth/industrial side of Cleopatra Records), the Ghastly Ones, John Zacherle, Bobby Pickett, etc…)

Anyway… to take the theme literally, here’s some of my favorite straight up straight up Halloween songs, not just monster/spooky “Halloween appropriate” songs.

7 Likes

Can’t go wrong with some rock :ok_hand::wink:

8 Likes

Hey there, Mix Mob! :notes: :inkys_mixtape_mob2: HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :ghost: Excellent choices, as always.

Here’s what I brought, because its just not Halloween until I hear these songs. Plz enjoy, and have a great holiday! :jack_o_lantern:

Whistling Past the Graveyard- Screamin’ Jay Hawkins

In the Room Wheee You Sleep- Dead Man’s Bones

Ps. Great pick @Reaganfan78! :purple_heart: And points for @keath for Voluptuous Horrors of Karen Black, btw.

9 Likes