🎶 Mixtape Monday: GCPD 🎶

Hello and welcome back to another edition of Mixtape Monday! Last week's edition was a super one for Conner Kent:
Conner Kent Playlist
  • “In the Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)”, by Zager and Evans
  • “Superman”, by R.E.M.
  • “Knockout”, by chloe moriondo
  • “The Only Thing That Matters”, by Blink-182
  • “Sugar, We’re Goin Down”, by Fall Out Boy
  • “Centuries”, by Fall Out Boy
  • “Superboy”, by The Bears
  • “Cloned Rappers”, by Tom MacDonald
  • “Clone Army Theme”, by John Williams
  • “1999”, by Prince
  • “Clones”, by Ash
  • “Carry On Wayward Son”, by Kansas
  • “Waving Through A Window”, by Ben Platt and Original Broadway Cast of Dear Evan Hansen
  • “I Think I’m a Clone Now”, by “Weird Al” Yankovic
  • “Who Are You”, by The Who
  • “How to Save a Life”, by The Fray
  • “Live While We’re Young”, by One Direction
  • “Superman”, by Lazlo Bane
  • “Best of Both Worlds”, by Midnight Oil
  • “(Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman”, by The Kinks
  • “Clones (We’re All)”, by Alice Cooper
  • “Wonderboy”, by Tenacious D
  • “Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride”, by Kamehameha Schools Children’s Chorus and Mark KealiĘ»i HoĘ»omalu
  • “Superboy’s Better Now”, by The Base
  • “SĂĽperböy”, by â– â– â– â– â–  Queens

This Week’s Theme: GCPD

This week sees the first issue of GCPD: The Blue Wall arriving to DCUI, which makes now a great time for a playlist spotlighting some of Gotham's finest. What songs would you want on the perfect playlist for the GCPD? Share your picks with us, below!

I’ll start off with a song from a classic series about law enforcement:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

16 Likes
13 Likes
16 Likes

So many N.W.A. songs to choose from…

13 Likes

I thought for sure the Cops theme would be the first song on this list. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

While i imagine Gotham City police call signs differ fron those in LA, I think the Adam-12 theme fits.

11 Likes

From a YouTube commenter:

In Gotham City the people are represented by three separate but equally important groups. The Police who take bribes from criminals. The District Attorneys who get killed and disfigured by criminals. And Batman who does all of the actual crime fighting

13 Likes
14 Likes

something in the way ?

11 Likes
12 Likes
13 Likes
13 Likes

Everybody got a great pick that I would pick, so here’s one of my pick for GCPD! :smiley:

13 Likes

“Jailhouse Rock”, by Elvis Presley

“When The Seasons Change”, by Five Finger Death Punch

12 Likes

I just think it would be funny to see a montage with song

or this one.

11 Likes

I feel like the way Gotham is, just trying to survive to the weekend would be a goal of most officers.

12 Likes
12 Likes
13 Likes
14 Likes

Seems we’re going with a TV cop show theme for this one (which makes sense since how many popular songs about the police are there, really?), but I have yet to see arguably the two best, so allow me to rectify that now:

And one just for fun:

14 Likes