đŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Elvira's House of Mystery Music Mix! đŸŽ¶

Hello, Music Masters!

So, good news. We got The Flash to listen to all of your songs
 at their normal speeds. :crazy_face: And guess what? He said it was well worth the wait (
duh, though, we could’ve told him that!), and something he’d be happy to rock out to while saving the world and going on his regular jog. High praise, as usual, but we’re sure you’re used to that, too, aren’t you? And if you aren’t do so, because we at DC love your music just as much! :heart_eyes:

Speaking of which, click here to see what Barry’s playlist looks like!

This Week’s Theme:
Elvira’s House of Mystery Music Mix!

Do you know how some people celebrate “Christmas in July”? Well, in similar fashion, the party doesn’t stop when it comes to DC Universe, either! In celebration of our having added issues 1 and 2 of Elvira’s House of Mystery to the service last month, we’re starting Halloween a little early this year (though clearly not as early as you all have :wink:), warming up the gears for all that you might have in mind as plans for the full month of October.

Have a song that’s so creepy it sends a delightful chill down your spine every time you hear it? Something that provides the perfect touch of atmosphere for a house of mystery, or a tune that gets you so hyped for Halloween, you can’t help but search for the nearest bag of candy? Best yet, which songs would you dedicate to Elvira, the Mistress of the Dark, herself? :eyes:

Tell us what spooky music would fill your playlist mix by posting below!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!
Long Halloween Cat

8 Likes

Here’s something a little more energetic to set your week up right, all. :slight_smile:
Obviously, I’d be remiss not to mention this gem: “Monster Rap,” by Elvira

With this delight to follow: “Frankenstein,” by Greg Herzenach, Joe Diaz, Jeff Victor, & James Harley (from Elvira’s Heavy Metal Halloween)

9 Likes

Plus a cover of the Misfits

7 Likes

“Thriller”, by Postmodern Jukebox (feat. Wayne Brady)

“This Is Halloween”, by Marilyn Manson

“Mad Monster Mansion”, by Grant Kirkhope (from Banjo-Kazooie)

7 Likes
7 Likes

Hello again MissInkBlot and everyone else! :wave: :sunglasses:

Spooky and some that get the chills while listening songs
 Hmmm
 :thinking:

Well there are a few that do come to mind on those notes. :ghost: :halloween_batman: :jack_o_lantern:

Now, this first one is for one that I’ve seen the video for recently that is mainly creepy due to it tying into the new Dark Knights Death Metal comics and if you listen to it you’ll know what I mean. :fearful: (Otherwise it is a nice rocking tune too! :smiley:)

This second one does have a spooky feel to it, although she does have a very nice voice. :musical_note:

In the same manner, there is also a spookiness to this next song also because the sense of falling and not knowing where or when you are falling can definitely be scary. :eyes:
Maybe, however, Elvira might like them since the cover art is her style? :sunglasses: :+1:

Oh, and in keeping to having some more creepy tunes added
 Here is another one that would definitely be on the list. :bell: :scream: :sweat_smile:

Also, to round out this list, can’t forget this tune. :open_mouth:

All that laughing at the end sure can sure be creepy. :cold_sweat: :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

This was my go-to karaoke song to close out the night back when we were allowed to go to things. I would do it 11 months of the year, but never in October.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Well I used a bunch of misfits for one of these recently which would have been good for a Halloween thread :laughing:, so these are all the Devils night hell raisers :japanese_ogre:.

@ajm08g
:wink: :metal:

6 Likes

Hey @MissInkBlot, Happy Monday,

Here are my suggestions for this weeks Elvira theme. Watching these movies with these soundtracks send chills up my spine plus some themed songs.

Main Title-The Shining
The version I have in my collection is by Mark Ayers. I remember being a kid and seeing the commercial with Jack chasing his son thru the maze thing gave me the creeps for a long time.

Organ Toccata in D Minor- Various Artists.
I don’t know if it was from Phantom of the opera or Fantasia or something but the music just sends chills and hairs standing.

Iron Maiden-The Number of The Beast
I feel the spoken word intro sets a tone. Reminds me of some old Vincent Price

Van Halen-Running With The Devil
Just fits with the theme and let’s your nerves settle a bit from the first couple of songs before,

Jerry Goldsmith and Lionel Newman- Ave Satani
From The Omen, just creeps me out and I don’t know if the singing is Latin or something but adds to the spooky.

Tubular Bells-The Exorcist

And finally

Main Theme from The Fog
John Carpenter was a master of horror/sci-fi and I believe his soundtracks had a lot to do with it. There were a lot to choose from but I left them for now for someone else to include

That’s it for now. I hope people like them and everyone have a good week.

EDIT: Sorry, I saw you mentioned suggesting a song for Elvira herself. I can think of two but I’ll suggest one,

The Eagles-Witchy Woman,
The opening lyric, “Raven Hair, Ruby lips, sparks fly from her finger tips”, I think says it. I remember being a teenager in Southern California and watching her show every weekend. It wasn’t just a spooky movie but her sense of humor that she brought to the show made for a great time. Thank you.

5 Likes

To: @MissInkBlot

RE: The Great Northern Hotel (Dance Demo)

[Midnight Music for Elvira]

( ( that Dress ) )
Shockadelica (12" Version) by Prince

( ( that 'Do ) )
She’s A Carnival by Siouxsie And The Banshees

( ( that Red Victorian Couch ) )
Mental Hopscotch by Missing Persons

( ( that Walk ) )
Fishnet by Morris Day

( ( that Stare ) )
Goodbye Horses by Q Lazzarus

( ( that Wit ) )
Temptation (12" Version) by New Order

( ( Movie Macabre ) )
One Way Love/Better Off Dead by E.G. Daily

( ( Slow Dance with Cassandra ) )
Falling by Julee Cruise

Thanks: Above / Tulsi G. / Cassandra P. / Fairuza B. / David L. / Mark F. / C.J. M / J. Tuesday / St. Sabrina’s / Uptown / Midnight Dances / GBOTW / Staying up late / Days of Independent Television Stations / the Society of Diana In Black ℱ / SG / SDCC '08 / Fall / Sincerity / You / & Strength to all who have also been alienated and de-humanized /

#x:white_heart:|Doomx

6 Likes

Just a couple of vampire related songs.

Bela Lugosi’s Dead - Bauhaus

You’re Dead - Norma Tenaga

7 Likes

Warren Zevon’s “Werewolves of London”

6 Likes

Creepy Doll by Jonathan Coulton is a good Halloween song

4 Likes

May I throw some Frankenstein in the mix?
A great song from Wayne’s World.
Alice Cooper - Feed My Frankenstein

5 Likes

Hope everyone had a great weekend and a good week coming up. Just wanted to include a few more for Halloween.

Main Theme from Halloween-Garett Williams
The Shape Stalks, also from Halloween
Main Theme from The Thing, may also be Desolation-Ennio Morricone
Theme from Bram Stoker’s Dracula
Godzilla-Blue Oyster Cult
Don’t Fearthe Reaper-Gus Black as heard in the movie Scream
Fire on High-ELO
Dead Mans Party-Oingo Boingo
Hell-Squirrel Nut Zippers
Black Magic Woman-Santana
That’s all folks, thanks.

Re the spellcheck: Ennio Morricone’s last name isn’t Morrison

4 Likes

Hey @MissInkBlot!
I’ve found some time to do this finally!! And I MUST, because it is Elvira! I’m actually only 1 issue in to the pair (reading w/ @D4RK5TARZ & House of Horror :skull_and_crossbones::tada:) so I’ll just drop this pair.
As always, I hope this finds you well. :purple_heart: Plz enjoy and have a great week.

I Put a Spell on You- Screamin’ Jay Hawkins

Boom Swagger Boom- Murder City Devils

Ps. @TravisMorgan thank you so much for adding Norma Tenaga! You’re Dead is an official new addition to my Halloween playlist!! I :purple_heart: it! Great pick!

5 Likes

What We Do In The Shadows is amazing and You’re Dead is such a great song.

1 Like

Yes, I love them both.

1 Like

I apologize for being late with my selections. Time has gotten away from me.

Elvira and her House of Mystery invoke some truly frightful moments, well maybe not but it is fun to pretend.

However, the music I listen to when I am reading horror comics always has a certain vibe. Then again, I listen to The Cure no less than 10 times a week
I promise I am a happy person!

The Cure - 100 Years
There is something about fear in the dark waiting for the deathblow that screams horror comics.

Deftones - Change (In the House of Flies)
If you have read House of Mystery 1 (2008) the idea of being in a house of flies takes on a whole new meaning.

Depeche Mode - Black Celebration
This is the perfect kind of song to have on while reading horror comics. The tempo isn’t too fast and has a certain dark atmospheric vibe to it.

Type O Negative - Black No. 1 (Little Miss Scare-All)
Cassandra Peterson is a redhead and we can pretend that she has to dye her hair black to be Elvira.

Elvira - Trick or Treat
What would an Elvira inspired playlist be without Elvira?

2 Likes