đŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Eighty Years of Wonder Woman đŸŽ¶

Welcome back to another edition of Mixtape Monday! Last week we put together a dark and gritty playlist in celebration of the upcoming release of the Injustice movie!
Injustice Playlist
  • “World Destruction”, by Time Zone
  • “Must There Be Superman”, by Hans Zimmer
  • “Anakin’s Betrayal”, by John Williams
  • “Affection”, by Crystal Castles
  • “Seek & Destroy”, by Metallica
  • “Them Bones”, by Alice In Chains
  • “Paint It Black”, by The Rolling Stones
  • “Rogues Are We”, from Holy Music B@man
  • “Gates of Hell”, by Kill Devil Hill
  • “You Want It Darker”, by Leonard Cohen
  • “I Still Have Faith In You”, by ABBA
**This Week's Theme: Eighty Years of Wonder Woman!** =

This month marks the eightieth anniversary of Wonder Woman, so naturally we’re going to celebrate it with music! Over those eight wonderful decades, Diana has had countless great stories. This week, we want to know what your favorite Wonder Woman moments are, and what the perfect soundtrack for them would be.

I was quite a fan of Wonder Woman’s role in Blackest Night, so I’ll start things off with this:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

10 Likes

Ty @Green.Lantern!!!

5 Likes

Eyes of The Gorgon.

8 Likes
9 Likes

The Schuyler Sisters from Hamilton. One of the most female empowering song I know. Sang by Renee Elise Goldsberry (Angelica), Philippa Soo (Eliza), Jasmine Cephas Jones (Peggy), Leslie Odom Jr. (Aaron Burr). Written by Lin-Manuel Miranda.

8 Likes

Work!

6 Likes

and the #1 song in the USA when Wonder Woman debuted

8 Likes

Well hello there G.L., Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

In celebrating Wonder Woman, can’t forger her being a prominent member of the Justice League. :0_wonder_woman: :00_justice_league:

And
 One for one of my favorite panels of Wonder Woman from a Justice League book. :wonderwoman: :books:

This Panel

Never stood a chance Darkseid! :joy:

This tune came to mind. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :musical_note:

8 Likes
7 Likes

How about Chainsaw of Truth wielding Wonder Woman?

“Chainsaw”, by Family Force 5

“Rip & Tear”, by Mick Gordon (from Doom (2016))

5 Likes

Hello @Hiraeth haven’t spoken to u in forever. I’ve been offline a lot lately tho. Missed u & conversing with u. I can’t navigate this site very good ever since the new search engine tho so I’m gonna say it’s my fault.

3 Likes

How about the two songs from each Wonder Woman movie trailer?

From the Wonder Woman trailer, “Warriors” by Imagine Dragons:

And from the Wonder Woman 1984 trailer, “Blue Monday” by Sebastian Böhm.

Doesn’t matter how many times I watch those trailers, I always get hyped by the combo of film clips and music.

7 Likes
5 Likes

:pleading_face: How are you so sweet? I’ve missed talking to you, as well! Life has been kinda hectic, huh? :face_with_spiral_eyes: And I agree about the site’s search layout change. Feels like it’s leaving out a chunk of content and the navigation seems lacking. Definitely not your fault! How have you been? :hugs:

4 Likes

I was doing just ok :ok_hand:, but I’m super happy now that I’ve heard back from u!!! You’re awesome & called me sweet. That made my day specifically b/c it came from u. Yes, life is very hectic. Just keep hanging on & fighting thru. Ty for the response & underserving compliments, but I’ll take em lol

4 Likes
7 Likes

Yes!!! Great tune & usage!!

5 Likes

I’m glad! :smile: I know I’ve been away from DCU a lot (and other social media). I’m trying to get back into it but I still have busy moments. And the compliments aren’t undeserved! :laughing: Trust me—mine are always genuine. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

That means a lot ty!!! I totally get it. I’ve never done any social media besides this & I disappear all the time. Usually I’m just reading. But, the bad times I’m not doing anything, literally. Just laying in fetal position lol. I can laugh about it when it’s not happening. Ty for that. My compliments aren’t ever undeserved either. I really did miss u
but I totally get it at the same time. People can be weird. I’ve lost so many friends because I didn’t respond to a text or call or whatever. Then when I’m able I respond & they think it’s fair game to freeze me out. I just wanna grab em & say- there’s more important things then answering u instantly, these are the times I need friends. Not the time to punish me for not being able to respond. Oh people with perfect lives. Then they ask why aren’t u on Facebook etc. lol. I can’t even deal with your demands on texting. You think I’m giving u another portal to reach me? Not happening.

4 Likes

I’m probably a bit late with this. Since Wonder Woman is a Princess, I think this is a perfect song for her. Here’s Ashley Gearing singing ‘If you can dream’

:00_wonder_woman_stars:

5 Likes