🎶 Mixtape Monday: Doom Patrol! 🎶

To: @MissInkBlot

RE: Importance & Doom

When characters were companions, the creative were inspirations, the turning pages were as crucially warm as a hug, & the four color subdued a lonely earth for a time, is when a comic book saved a life on separate occasions.

From pre-Vertigo to the streaming vertical & horizontal of the screen, my run-in with the Doom Patrol is forever entangled with some of the most consequential moments in my life. Curating a selection of themes reflecting from the comic, the show, the characters, and the times made for great mindfulness. As being de-humanized and invisibility are high costs to bear for clarity.

This mixtape is equally a thank you/love letter as it is a reminiscence.

( ( Intro & Doom ) )
On A Rope by Rocket From the Crypt

They Say I’m Different by Betty Davis

( ( Alienation & Doom ) )
Lost in the Supermarket by The Clash

Bad In My Head by Pain Teens

( ( Frustration & Doom ) )
Cool To Be You by the Descendants

Crying Shame by 7.Y.B.

( ( Anger/Fight & Doom ) )
Sunless Saturday by Fishbone

Young, Gifted, Black, in Leather by Special Interest

Right Brigade by Bad Brains

( ( Savoir Faire & Doom ) )
GO! (feat. Karen O.) by Santigold

Let Yourself Get Down by Luscious Jackson

( ( Bliss & Doom ) )
Punk Rock Girl by The Dead Milkmen

Pata Pata (Stereo Version) by Miriam Makeba

( ( Heartache & Doom ) )
J’ai Jeté Mon Coeur by Françoise Hardy

Bring You Back - Wendy & Lisa

( ( Resolution & Doom ) )
The Riot’s Gone by Santigold

Balloon by Wendy & Lisa

Thanks: above / soul / hardcore / riot grrrl / punk / zines / Los Bros. / writers / artists / late nights / Karen B. / Alan M. / Grant M. / Rick V. / Dave G. / Stephen B. / Dave M. / Brian B. / Jill T. / Rachel P. / Nancy C. / Sam K. / Neil G. + @Applejack for the lesson and time / @MissInkBlot & @BestBeastBoy - for shared words on mutual interests / @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell, @NovellPaladin, @ProActress2O, @nu52, @Mae, @Ariel-BatgirlFan, & @bribriibri - each of you for your thoughtfulness & authentic kindness. / the Doom Patrol / all who have also been alienated

*w/a/s/i/t/t/r/u/e/f/o/r/a/n/\a\n\a\l\o\g/\x/h/e/a/r/t/x/w/h/e/n/i/t/w/a/s/o/n/l/y/g/i/v/e/n/d/i/g/i/t/a/l/?

#x:white_heart:|Doomx

7 Likes