šŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: DCU Yule Log šŸŽ¶

A Yule Log means fire, soā€¦

Fire - The Crazy World of Arthur Brown

Sorry, I couldnā€™t help myself.

10 Likes

My Yule Log has but one theme song (though many different covers, it loves the original best)ā€¦

And of course, gotta hit the Yule side of a Yule Log.

Happy Yule!

10 Likes

Whoa. I think you beat me on the timestamp, but that was near simultaneous.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s crazy! Pun intended. Great minds think alike.

8 Likes

Bowie to start. If u donā€™t know the song? Itā€™s the one playing in Inglorious Basterds during the burning of the theater :performing_arts:.

Take it home for the holidays Johnny!!!

11 Likes

Heh. Iā€™ve always seen it credited as Cat People (Putting Out Fire), not Putting Out The Fire (Gasoline) ā€¦ suspect the person who posted to youtube just got it wrong, as they used the movie poster as the splash page.

7 Likes

I was looking at that but I went another direction. I was thinking it was some like rare cover from the U.K. ? Haha. Just because it was top result with whatever phrase I used to find it? Your right obviously. That helps settle that between me & myself on whether or not thereā€™s a Bowie album Iā€™ve never seen or heard of? Makes perfect sense now.
Cat People haha, I canā€™t believe they could pay for the rights to any Bowie song?

7 Likes

8 Likes

Wait? You mean ā€œtheyā€ as in the 1982 Schrader film? Were you aware that Bowie recorded the song for the movie? (Cat People (Putting Out Fire), like the rest of the soundtrack, is written by Giorgio Moroder. I think the title track is the only one with vocals, and they hired Bowie for it.) So they didnā€™t pay the rights so much as involve him in the creation process.

(Unrelated fun fact; the original Cat People from 1942 had a sequel, The Curse of the Cat People a few years later - directed by Gunther von Fritsch and Jacques Tourneur. The latter is best known for adapting The Sound of Music and West Side Story to screen, as well as directing Star Trek: The Motion Picture and, seasonally appropriate, Santa Claus: The Movie. But von Fritsch is far more ā€¦ unknown I guess, save for his contributions to bringing Flash Gordon to television in 1954, hot on the heels of The Adventures of Superman.)

8 Likes

No? lol.seriously tho, no?

7 Likes

I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be joining you for the watch along. I might change my mind, but Iā€™m not feeling the holiday spirit. Sorry.

7 Likes

because fireplaces make me think of snow

12 Likes

Iā€™ll behave and post the first song in English this timeā€¦

9 Likes

Greetings Mix Mob! :notes: :inkys_mixtape_mob2: :snowflake: Iā€™m not even going to pretend I donā€™t I :purple_heart: me a Yule Logā€”makes me want to listen to more wintery or holiday musicā€¦

Always in Season- Pomplamoose

Cool Yule- Louis Armstrong

13 Likes
9 Likes

I loves me Pomplamoose! I remember one of their songs was used in a car commercial many years ago and I had to do an aural double take.

4 Likes

Haha ā€œaural double takeā€ I gotta steal that. Just gotta make sure my pronunciation game is on point or I could end up injured lolā€¦

3 Likes