đŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: DC vs. Vampires đŸŽ¶

Welcome back to another spooky chapter of Mixtape Monday! Our last installment was a wrathful one for the Spectre:

Spectre Playlist
  • “God’s Gonna Cut You Down”, by Johnny Cash
  • “Run On”, by Moby
  • “Writing’s on the Wall”, by Sam Smith
  • “Life is a Highway”, by Rascal Flatts
  • “Highway to Hell”, by AC/DC
  • “This Dying Soul”, by Dream Theater
  • “You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’”, by Judas Priest
  • “Bad Moon Rising”, by Creedence Clearwater Revival
  • “Liar”, by Motörhead
  • “Soundtrack Music Suite”, from The Shadow
  • “The Vengeful One”, by Disturbed
  • “Rest in Peace”, by The Undertaker
  • “The Time Bender”, by Becoming the Archetype
  • “The World Ender”, by Lord Huron
  • “Shine Down”, by Godsmack
  • “Practice What You Preach”, by Testament
  • “Another One Bites the Dust” by Queen
  • “Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story”, by Original Broadway Cast of Hamilton
  • “Spirit in the Sky”, by Norman Greenbaum
  • “Cemetery Gates”, by Pantera
  • “Battle Hymn of the Republic”, by SUGAR
  • “Welcome, Ghosts”, by Explosions in the Sky
  • “Ancient Names Parts I & II”, by Lord Huron
  • “Your Time Is Gonna Come”, by Led Zeppelin
  • “Stay”, by Shakespears Sister
  • “The Sky Is a Neighborhood”, by Foo Fighters
  • “Mariner’s Revenge Song”, by The Decemberists

This Week’s Theme: DC vs. Vampires

Halloween is just a week away, so there’s no time like now for a mixtape for one of the scariest DC comics-DC vs. Vampires! What do you think belongs on the ultimate soundtrack to accompany this epic story of heroes facing off against the undead? Share your selections with us, below! (And if you haven’t read the series yet, you can check it out here!)

I’ll start things off with one of the best nighttime songs I can think of:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

19 Likes
12 Likes
13 Likes

If this song’s good enough for What We Do in the Shadows, it’s good enough for this playlist:

14 Likes
17 Likes

The lyrics make me think Vampire, any night creature really

15 Likes

MY TIME IS HERE

Bela Lugosi’s Dead by Bauhaus
Love Bites by Def Leppard
Just What I Needed By The Cars (Yes it seems weird, look up the lyrics and tell me it’s not about a vampire)

12 Likes
14 Likes

11 Likes
14 Likes

i cannot explain it, but this song reminds me of the overall feeling of this series

14 Likes

Nosferatu - Blue Oyster Cult

16 Likes

“XeN0”, by Mychildren Mybride

Lyrically this takes inspiration from a vampire movie called “Let The Right One In”

“Vampire”, by Off Road Minivan

and I’ve been on a “heavy” streak recently
 this should be a more mellow tune for you all to enjoy!

14 Likes

:woman_vampire::black_heart::man_vampire:

Well, the critical ones have been covered, so

Pretty much everything by Kentucky Vampires, but I’ll pick one for you

Nobody hit Roky yet, so I’ll swing in with Chelsea’s cover. (See also I Speak Machine covering Concrete Blonde!)

And then there’re the obvious ones that I’m appalled haven’t been mentioned yet
 :wink:

Waiter at the restaurant I had lunch at yesterday was wearing a Darkthrone shirt, to boot

And 
 I should probably get back to work now. :bat:

16 Likes

Hello there G.L. and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Ah, DC versus Vampires. :dc: :vampire:

Well
 Can’t have too much of these types of songs with vampires. :smile:

And also for a bonus track, this one. :bat: :city_sunset:

12 Likes

I don’t know how we’ve made it this far without this one being posted but I’m proud to post this banger:

11 Likes

I was so close to posting that but I felt it wrong to put a zombie post in a vampire playlist. I’m glad somebody did it though!

7 Likes

Undead is undead! Just variations on the theme!

(I actually confuse Zombies and Vampires literally every time I hear either of them. They’re the same to me, apparently!)

6 Likes

For my second and final entry this week, from the film ‘Interview With The Vampire’, Guns N’ Roses version of a Rolling Stones classic:

12 Likes

“Nosferatu” by Blue Oyster Cult

“Love Bites” by Judas Priest

13 Likes