🎶 Mixtape Monday: DC: Mech 🎶

Welcome back to another edition of Mixtape Monday! Last week's Artemis playlist was right on target:
Artemis Playlist
  • “Hit Me With Your Best Shot”, by Pat Benatar
  • “Right Between the Eyes”, by Garbage
  • “Survivor”, by Destiny’s Child
  • “Warrior”, by Demi Lovato
  • “Reflection”, by Christina Aguilera
  • “Jesus, Take the Wheel”, by Carrie Underwood
  • “Only Angel”, by Harry Styles
  • “Immortals”, by Fall Out Boy
  • “Invincible”, by Pat Benatar
  • “The Dawning”, by Hagalaz’ Runedance
  • “Fighter”, by Christina Aguilera
  • “Falling Away”, by Curse Icon
  • “Forever Young”, by Alphaville
  • “Ain’t It Fun”, by Paramore
  • “Battle Axe”, by Quiet Riot
  • “Battles”, by Axe
  • “Wild Thing”, by The Troggs
  • “You’ve Got a Friend in Me”, by Randy Newman
  • “In the End”, by Linkin Park
  • “Eyes on Fire”, by Blue Foundation
  • “Army of Me”, by Björk
  • “Ghosts”, by Siobhan Donaghy
  • “More Than a Woman”, by Bee Gees
  • “Venus”, by Bananarama

This Week’s Theme: DC: Mech

This week, we’re putting together a playlist to accompany the exciting new series DC: Mech (available this week on DCUI). What do you think are the ultimate songs to accompany giant robot fights? Share your picks with us, below!

I’ll start things off with a song I’ve always enjoyed:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

11 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

First up, “Screaming in Digital” by Queensryche

Next, “Mantronic” by W.A.S.P.

7 Likes
8 Likes

“Robots 3 Humans 0”, by Norma Jean

“Death Machine”, by Living Sacrifice

I guess some I have some B-sides this week, seeing the theme this week, I immediately was drawn back to middle/high school around the time the first Transformers movie came out. Got the CD for it so here’s two songs from that:
“Pretty Handsome Awkward”, by The Used

“What’s It Feel Like To Be A Ghost?”, by Taking Back Sunday

9 Likes

Goooooooood Morning @Green.Lantern & everybody! Hope you all are having a great day, here’s my pick for this week music. Please be sure to hit the like button and leave a comment…:man_facepalming: Oh wait, that’s for youtube, :grin: Enjoy the music!

:cowboy_hat_face: :dc: :pickup_truck::tractor::motorcycle:

8 Likes
9 Likes

and you can’t have a Kaiju without some of this…

and while we’re at it, thought it would be funny to see a giant robot dance battle.

:rofl:

8 Likes

You just made me think of war machine by AC/DC.

7 Likes

I was gonna go there too but wanted to get the Godzilla music on the list.

5 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

First off, If anyone reading this hasn’t read DC Mech by Kenny Porter and Baldemar Rivas: the trade won’t come for quite some time, but all 6 issues are currently out.

JUMP on them now if you haven’t already!

Second, my two submissions:

8 Likes

Not read DC: Mech YET! But I’m hoping these fit.

Was going to go with Burn it to the Ground by Nickleback, unfortunately there are a few choice lyrics which would take this into the PG realm…

8 Likes

One of my absolute favorites

8 Likes

Maybe its because of the tour announcement this morning, but I’ve got to lead with Mr. Bungle… (Did I use this recently for another mixtape monday? It feels familiar…)

And I feel like Close​-​In Weapon System by Dark Machine Nation captures the right mech battlefield vibe that I’m looking for…

But as with everyone else, this week just brings so much post-apocalyptic bootstomping industrial joy …
CHMCL STR8JCKT, Wrecking Machine, obvs…

A little Música Mecánica…

And of course … no Mech list would be complete without Kraftwerk:

8 Likes

Kraftwerk is one of the many bands I need to listen to more.

7 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes