🎶 Mixtape Monday: Darkseid 🎶

It’s a new Monday, which of course means it’s time for another installment of Mixtape Monday! Last week, we celebrated the arrival of DMZ with a fantastic playlist:

DMZ Playlist
  • “Bad Moon Rising”, by Creedence Clearwater Revival
  • “Uprising”, by Muse
  • “War Ensemble”, by Slayer
  • “You Give Love A Bad Name”, by Bon Jovi
  • “Shot in the Dark”, by AC/DC
  • “Fortunate Son”, by Creedence Clearwater Revival
  • “Live Your Life”, by T.I.
  • “War”, by The Exploited
  • “Safe Tonight”, by Anti-Flag
  • “Peace Sells”, by Megadeth
  • “Disposable Heroes”, by Metallica
  • “Civil War”, by Motörhead
  • “Brotherhood of Man”, by Motörhead
  • “Streets on Fire”, by Lupe Fiasco
  • “Love Is A Battlefield”, by Pat Benatar
  • “Escape From New York (Main Theme)”, by John Carpenter
  • “Party at Ground Zero”, by Fishbone
  • “The Story of Tonight”, by Lin-Manuel Miranda
  • “Guns and Ships”, by Lin-Manuel Miranda
  • “War Pigs”, by Black Sabbath
  • “Ride of the Valkyries”, by Richard Wagner
  • “DLZ”, by TV On The Radio
  • “Can’t Hold Me Down”, by Soweto Kinch
  • “Symphony of Destruction”, by Megadeth
**This Week's Theme: Darkseid** =

This week, we’re creating a playlist for one of the most powerful and evil beings in all the Multiverse-Darkseid! What songs do you think we would listen to, assuming he listens to anything other than the screams of his subjects on Apokolips? Share your picks with us, below!

I’ll start things off with an earworm that I guarantee Darkseid would embed the the Anti-Life Equation in:

And another more serious song that I do think fits him very well:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

11 Likes

I usually think of Scarecrow from Batman Begins, but I think this song is perfect for Darkseid as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

borrowing from his twin from another mother

7 Likes

“ANTI-LIFE”, by HEALTH and Tyler Bates (feat. Chino Moreno)

“Anna”, by Norma Jean (feat. Garrett Russell)

ALL HAIL

7 Likes
6 Likes

I’m going with a double shot of evil off the top of my head.

And adding this one too.

8 Likes

Required:

Brain Damage - Pink Floyd

7 Likes

King of the Whole Damn World - The Brian Setzer Orchestra

Though it might be more of a theme for Bruno Manheim

8 Likes

This song would probably be one that would signal what a world ruled over by Darkseid would be like:

8 Likes
9 Likes

well i have to start with Darkseid’s favorite song, which inspired “Darkseid is.”

and Darkseid sounds like industrial in my head

darkseidwhyyou

if profanity wasn’t a problem:

Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums by A Perfect Circle

Crowd Control by Excision (Excision basically IS Darkseid)

9 Likes

I mean … it’s campy, but on point.

And while I completely agree with @biff_pow that Darkseid is always industrial AF bootstomping, I’ve got to include some Soft Boys…

And a few more for good measure:

8 Likes

Why do I hear boss music? :thinking:

:flushed::fearful::scream:

6 Likes

Seek & Destroy, coming from a place that makes me think of omega beams every time I hear it.

8 Likes
7 Likes

No one’s suggested this yet? On the Dark Side by Eddie and the Cruisers.

and for some reason O fortuna from Carmina Burana by Orff seems appropriate to me. I remember all the movie trailers around 1990 with the song to build tension.

7 Likes

This is shaping up to be a great playlist! I’m a little disappointed in myself that Dark Side of the Moon didn’t even cross my mind. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Perhaps “Viva La Vida” by Coldplay could fit him?

6 Likes

Happy Anniversary @Green.Lantern, :smiley: I hope you have a great day. :partying_face: :tada: :piñata: :mirror_ball:

5 Likes

green-lantern-power-ring
Happy 2nd DC Anniversary @Green.Lantern! Thankyou so much for keeping this board safe from Sinestro! :partying_face::cake::tada::confetti_ball:

:00_lc_green_lantern1:

6 Likes