🎶 Mixtape Monday: Crush & Lobo 🎶

Welcome to another week of Mixtape Monday! Last week, we put together a majestic playlist to celebrate the release of the latest Black Adam trailer:

Black Adam Playlist
  • “The Gunslinger”, by Shooter Jennings
  • “Thunderstuck”, by AC/DC
  • “Thunder”, by Imagine Dragons
  • “Paint It, Black”, by The Rolling Stones
  • “Back In Black”, by AC/DC
  • “Ride The Lightning”, by Metallica
  • “Man In Black”, by Johnny Cash
  • “The Thunder Rolls”, by Garth Brooks
  • “Lightning Does the Work”, by Chad Brock
  • “Thunder & Lightning”, by Chi Coltrane
  • “I Am a God”, by Ye
  • “The Great Destroyer”, by Nine Inch Nails
  • “Electrifying (The Rock)”, by Jim Johnston
  • “The Power”, by SNAP!
  • “I Won’t Do What You Tell Me (Stone Cold Steve Austin)”, by WWE Music Group
  • “King of Kings”, by Motörhead
  • “Black Betty”, by Ram Jam
  • “Break the Cycle”, by Fire from the Gods
  • “Stormbringer”, by Turmion Kätilöt
  • “Black and Yellow”, by Wiz Khalifa
  • “Electrico”, by PenaVega
  • “Electric Feel”, by MGMT
  • “Warrior King (Revenge)”, by Lou Reed
  • “(The Forgotten People)”, by Thievery Corporation
  • “Nuthatch”, by Maroon Shaker
  • “Godlike”, by KMFDM
  • “Kill Kill Kill”, by Pharoahe Monch and Th1rt3en
  • “Blackened”, by Metallica
  • “Blitzkrieg Bop”, by The Ramones
  • “Paint It, Black” by Ciara
  • “Do the Right Thing”, by Redhead Kingpin and the F.B.I.

This Week’s Theme: Crush & Lobo

This week, we’re creating a playlist for this year’s Pride Month Book Club selection, Crush and Lobo! What songs do you think need to be on the perfect playlist to accompany this series? Let us know your picks below!

This is the first song that came to my mind, and given that it’s prominently featured in a movie adaptation of the most famous story about teenage love ever, I think it fits:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

10 Likes
9 Likes

Sadly my usual ‘Lobo Songs’ aren’t family-friendly enough to post a video lol. This might take some more thinking. :rofl:

9 Likes
6 Likes

Here’s a Lobo song that I think should be family friendly enough to feature here:

10 Likes

Then release your inner Mr Terrific

5 Likes

How about this one?

8 Likes

How about one for Crush:
“crushcrushcrush”, by Paramore

And one for Lobo:
“Deathsurf”, by orphantwin

7 Likes
7 Likes

I’m always happy to see this song on a playlist. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The first time I saw Lobo I thought Rob Zombie. The first song I heard of his was,

As for Crush, I get a Wendy O Williams and The Plasmatics vibe, (yeah, I know Wendy’s blond but that’s who I picture especially hangin with Lobo). Unfortunately, I don’t think any of those songs would meet community guidelines. Then I remembered some videos I’ve seen lately from Metal Grammy’s on YouTube but again, guidelines so we’ll go with this and call it a day.

Maybe I’ll think of something else later. :thinking:

10 Likes

One for the Bounty Hunter…

One for his daughter…

(Was going to put Rebel by Pep Squad, but it does mention the name for a female dog.) So probably not suitable…

6 Likes

Time to flip through the riot grrl, punk rock and thrash metal section of the collection!

Madhouse - Anthrax

The Main Man is a known Anthrax fan, even if he does consider them a little light for his tastes.

Rebel Girl - Bikini Kill

Do I even have to explain this one?

Someone’s Gonna Die Tonight - Blitz

A statistical probability when these two are involved.

Smash It Up - The Damned

Again, no explanation necessary, I think.

8 Likes

Lobo. Specifically picturing him on the Spacehog.

Crush.

7 Likes

This is one series that as I’m reading through it I can almost hear music playing. I like the variety of songs in this playlist that focus on each of the two stars. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You’re decision on character choices this week…just might’ve made this happen?

So ty @Green.Lantern my collection didn’t even realize it needed that? lol.

5 Likes

Since @abelundercity.81180 beat me to The Damned… I was contemplating this track, even though its more Jock Jams than I think Crush would dig, but with the new album announced today, I decided to give in to the lyrical glory of it all …

And on the flip side:

7 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

I’m way late, but here’s what I brought :inkys_mixtape_mob2: :notes::purple_heart: One for Crush and one for Lobo:

Everglade- L7

30 Century Man- Scott Walker

10 Likes