🎶 Mixtape Monday: Crafting Crooners for Constantine! 🎶

Greetings, DC’s DJs of Dismay!

Thankfully, the “dismay” part only lasts for a month, but after seeing last week’s list of songs, the “DJ” bit is definitely here to stay. Long-standing Masters of the Mix, you managed to give Scarecrow a delightful shiver with the songs you came up with for him. Hitting all the right notes, you left no stone unturned when it came to bringing down the haunted house with your picks! :scarecrowlaughhqtas:

Wanna see last week’s songs? Click here!

This Week’s Theme:
Crafting Crooners for Constantine!

While we touched on him a bit during our week devoted to JLD: Apokolips War, this week, we’re setting our sights on John, alone, bidding farewell to Constantine (2014), which will be leaving the service on October 23rd. The good news is that you have a few more days left to binge the season with. The even better news? You’ll now have a proper playlist devoted to this fan favorite the to match! :headphones:

With expertise the likes of which are hard to come by, and a moral compass, the status of which is ambiguous at best, we found John Constantine to be the perfect accompaniment for a month of mayhem needing its mischief managed by… :sparkles: the deftest of hands.:sparkles:

Which version of Constantine is your favorite, and what tune will you choose for him?
Let us know below! :wink:

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

16 Likes

This week, having had the pleasure of seeing so many of you at our Friday Night WAL, I’m going with the song that popped into my head when thinking about Constantine that night. I find this has the perfect mix of grittiness, mystery, and contradiction that fits for him :thinking: Enjoy! :slight_smile:

“An Honest Man,” by Fantastic Negrito (from Hand Of God)

13 Likes

Not Sting who
John was supposed to look like
But similar

13 Likes

Sting

12 Likes

Hey there @MissInkBlot!
I see the the word “crooner”, so there’s really only one thing for me to do here! :smile: For my man, Constantine:

Sing, You Sinners- Tony Benett version. Not my favorite rendition of his, but I can’t find a video of it :neutral_face: (from 1958. A cross between THIS) and this​:point_down: Which is good, too—never fear!

Aint No Rest for the Wicked- Postmodern Jukebox version (by Cage the Elephant), because I’m sticking w/ the genre, and I do love me a good cover! Plz enjoy. :purple_heart: Take care.

15 Likes

Looks like @Razzzcat and I are on the same wave length this week about crooners! (And Postmodern Jukebox is the greatest, I wish I could up vote you more!)

Anyways, here’s my picks for the “Whiskey King”:
“Drinking Again”, by Frank Sinatra

" Tennessee Whiskey", by Postmodern Jukebox

12 Likes

Right? I’m so happy someone else knows them! :tada: Great picks, too, btw! Glad Frank is here. …MissInkBlot, please pretend I liked @LDFM’s post several times! :sunglasses:

12 Likes

Most appropriate and you beat me to posting something by the bumble bee himself. Hilarious how that nickname actually came about! :laughing:

@Razzzcat, Solid picks :smirk_cat:

7 Likes

More cowbells

9 Likes
11 Likes
9 Likes
11 Likes

Since John was in a punk band ( mucous membrane), I’m suggesting The Clash’s London’s Burning. And I’m adding God’s Away on Business by Tom Waits.

10 Likes

Well hello there again MissInkBlot and everyone else! :wave: :sunglasses:

Ah, Mr. John Constantine. There be a few tunes that do come to mind for this jolly good fellow. :mage: :sweat_smile:

Perhaps even after seeing all that everyone has brought to the table he would say… Brilliant! :grin:

So now onto the list… :musical_note:

First, I happened to be shuffling my playlist as I do and when first thinking about what tunes to add, this was playing. A lot of superstitious things being written on the wall in the Constantine series so I thought it might fit. :smile:

Next, this tune reminded me of all the lessons John had to learn throughout the series. :thinking:

Ah, now this tune here… I was reminded of the pilot episode when John was down before getting back up. Also… It reminded me of episode 7 and something that happened in its finale. :eyes:

This next tune is to celebrate John’s accomplished spell work. :books: :sunglasses: :fire:

This tune reminded me of John’s struggle throughout the series as a battle call to keep going. :metal: :sunglasses:

Up next, this tune reminded me of the demons that John faced throughout the series. :fearful:

And finally… Couldn’t resist looking back at and listening to the composition of the score for the show. :smiley: :musical_score:

11 Likes

for me, the dusky vibes of this song match Constantine rather well :blush:

10 Likes
10 Likes

I don’t know much about the character as I haven’t liked what appearances I’ve seen from him, so this is hard.

6 Likes

This band came on in a episode of Lucifer and I was so happy I was telling my bf that’s one of the bands I listen to! And I was so happy because they aren’t that big but they were on Lucifer! I think this song woulda been better to be on Lucifer. But anyway Constantine :ghost:

9 Likes

Punk Playlist for Constantine-

11 Likes

lol this was the first song that came into my head for this playlist!

6 Likes