🎶 Mixtape Monday: Convention Edition 🎶

Welcome to another week of Mixtape Monday! In our last edition, we put together a fantastic playlist for one of the most exciting new DC characters, Yara Flor!

Yara Flor Playlist
  • “The Power”, by Snap!
  • “Dance the Kung Fu”, by Carl Douglas
  • “First Autumn (I Come)”, by DJ Jam X presenting Liberty
  • “Beam Me Up”, by Cazzette
  • “The Hunter”, by Girlschool
  • “Chingon”, by Malagueña Salerosa
  • “Beleza Rara”, by Banda Eva
  • “Mas, Que Nada!” by Jorge Ben
  • “She’s So High”, by Tal Bachman
  • “She’s a Rainbow”, by The Rolling Stones
  • “'S Wonderful” by JoĂŁo Gilberto
  • “Burn It Down”, by The French Tips
  • “Beija Flor”, by Shpongle
  • “Xiquexique” by JosĂ© Miguel Wisnik and Tom ZĂ©
  • “Into the Blue”, by Moby
  • “Treasure Trove Cove”, by The Holophonics
  • “Take On Me”, by Reel Big Fish
  • “Champagne Supernova”, by Oasis
  • “Intergalactic”, by Beastie Boys

This Week’s Theme: Comic-Cons!

Comic Con Special Edition took place this past weekend in San Diego. To celebrate, we’re going to be building the perfect convention playlist for this week’s Mixtape! What songs best capture the fun and excitement of conventions, or remind you of your favorite moments? Share your choices with us below!

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

7 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

I’m the kind that likes to rock out:

Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down

6 Likes

“Cantina Band”, by Galactic Empire

6 Likes
6 Likes

Hello there G.L., Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Ah, conventions. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Those you have to be ready for all the events. :superman_hv_4:

And they sure can be wild. :joy:

6 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes

I’ve got two songs for this week. First, because there were several vendors at my local con selling Lego minifigs and they were super popular:

And this is because I got to meet one of the actresses from one of my favorite shows, which was also awesome:

7 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

One more

Happy Tuesday!! :metal:t3::tada: :partying_face:

5 Likes

@#$& Yes!!! One of my all time favorite tunes ever produced. In my rotation on music breaks every single time.

3 Likes
5 Likes