🎶 Mixtape Monday: Catwoman's 80th Anniversary 🎶

Greetings, Meta-Mixers!

When it came to last week’s theme, not only did your choices far from disappoint, but when given the challenge, you came, you saw, and you conquered! With so admirable a list of battle songs shared, we ended this year’s action-packed round of Meta Madhouse in, by far, the best way possible, and we have all of you to thank for it! :heart:

Check out the list below to see everyone’s picks!

General Battle Themes/Overall Meta Madhouse Themes
“Warriors to the End,” by Epic Score
“Event Horizon,” by Really Slow Motion
“Our Time Is Now,” by Epic Score
“Gonna Fly Now,” by Bill Conti (from Rocky)
“Stand Proud,” by Tsuneo Imahori (from Hajime no Ippo)
“Megalovania,” by Toby Fox (from Undertale)
“Lets Fight,” by Two Fingers (from Waterloo Road)
“Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows,” by Leslie Gore

Click the arrow to see the list of character-specific songs!

Reverse Flash
“Going the Distance,” by Cake
“Let’s Turn Back The Years,” by Hank Williams
“Big Take Over,” by Bad Brains
“On the Run,” by Petri Alanko (from Alan Wake)
“Godspeed,” by Shayfer James
“Car Trouble,” by Adam & The Ants
“Slow,” by Kylie Minogue

Black Adam
“Threshold," by Brian LeBarton (from Scott Pilgrim Vs The World)
“Thunderstruck,” by AC/DC
“Jet Pilot,” by System of a Down
“The Thunder Rolls,” by Garth Brooks
“Youth Without Youth,” by Metric
“Nuthatch,” by Maroon Shaker
“Reclaimer,” by Martin O’Donnell and Michael Salvatori (from Halo 2)
“Losing My Religion,” by R.E.M.
“I Wanna Be Sedated,” by The Ramones

Brainiac
“Genius of Love,” by Tom Tom Club
“Somewhere In My Memory,” by Bette Midler
“Coded Language,” by Saul Williams
“Dance of the Knights,” by Sergei Prokofiev
“The Sith Lords,” by Mark Griskey (from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2)
“Paranoid Android,” by Radiohead
“Teenage Lobotomy,” by The Ramones

Gorilla Grodd
“Jungle Love,” by Morris Day and The Time
“You’ll Be In My Heart,” by Phil Collins (from Tarzan)
“Mission Control,” The Dandy Warhols
“Dam Nation,” by Inon Zur (from Fallout: New Vegas)
“Here’s To You,” by Joan Baez and Ennio Morricone (from Sacco and Vanzetti)
“Bananarama Funrama 2,” by The Fun Boy Three

This Week’s Theme:
Catwoman’s 80th Anniversary
:catwoman_hv_4:

It’s Catwoman’s 80th Anniversary, and we at DC want to invite you all to take part in the festivities! Considering her undeniable set of skills, multiple roles (such as expert thief, master of disguise, and ninja who always lands on her feet, to boot!), and connection to the likes of Batman, the Birds of Prey, and others, there’d be a good number who’d join us, and just as many reasons to celebrate so intriguing a character! :star_struck:

Can you imagine the tunes they might gift to her? Put yourself in the shoes of one or more, and let us know what song you think they’d bring to a surprise party to play in her honor! :partying_face:

While lyrics must abide by Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

7 Likes

For this week, I’m going to go with “Cat Lore,” by Klaus Badelt, from Catwoman. I really like how alluring and magnetic it is, as well as the amount of mystique they infuse into it, and how it seems to hint at how multi-dimensional her character truly is (as mentioned, multiple skills, multiple disguises, many things you’d not expect, or didn’t know about). :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Get Some - Lykke Li

Mainly because it was used in her character trailer for Arkham City:

6 Likes

I think Catwoman, the first thing that pops to mind is “Face to Face,” by Siouxsie and the Banshees

6 Likes

Rather than stick with just one song for DC’s best thief, I’ve decided to compile a few songs that I believe suit her.

I like to think of this one as Bruce singing to Selina.

-M
5 Likes

“Why Don’t You Do Right?” by Peggy Lee

There are quite a few versions of this song. This one is probably the most well known, it also features Benny Goodman and his orchestra.

“Dance, Dance, Christa Paffgen” - Anberlin

Her and Batman have a unique relation from my understanding, thought something like this could be used.
5 Likes

Ah Catwoman. For a classic character, I would have to go back to this classic from The Hollies as I also have the cover for her and Bruce’s “wedding” in mind. :sweat_smile: :batman_hv_5: :catwoman_hv_2:

2 Likes
5 Likes

Ted Nugent: Cat Scratch Fever.
Michael Jackson: Smooth Criminal.
Janes Addiction: Been Caught Stealiin’.
Dio: Holy Diver.
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Dani California.

9 Likes

Derek and the dominos- Layla

5 Likes

She’s a Lady - Tom Jones

6 Likes

For me, Catwoman gives some trip-hop vibes, so I’m going to go with Massive Attack’s “Angel”:

Another one that comes to mind is Portishead’s “Glory Box,” either the original or the remix used in the movie The Craft.

4 Likes

good choice. you can’t go wrong with Siouxsie.

2 Likes

Ok. Nerd-confession time. I painstakingly made a Gotham City Sirens playlist once. There, I said it. It was awesome—I regret nothing!

Down Boy- Yeah Yeah Yeahs. More about sound than anything. And being audacious.

Nobody Knows Me- Madonna Same reason as the first.
Whatever Lola Wants- Sarah Vaughan version. (I love SV’s voice, and the rendition specifically w/ Hugo Peretti always makes me think of Selina Kyle.)
Habanera from Carmen (LPO version, cause I’m not a sadist)

Carmen is a restless, seductive, self-loyal character— perpetually in motion, who will never surrender her autonomy. This number is roughly about how she, like love, is lawless and untamable. :dancer:t4:Meow. :wink:

6 Likes

:batman_hv_2: :black_heart: :catwoman_hv_1:

2 Likes

I lied. 2 more! I can’t let a Catwoman list pass w/o Peaches & The Ettes.

3 Likes

And-a one-a more-a time!

bonus track!

6 Likes

If BtAS is any indication, Beethoven’s 9th symphony (Ode to Joy).

Cat Scratch Fever - Ted Nugent (also from BtAS and it’s cats!)

I am a Rock - Simon and Garfunkel (She don’t need no one! And I like S&G)

3 Likes

catwoman-looking
I think Catwoman is waiting for me to post! So here we go…

Here’s the first video from Lady and the Tramp, I think this song fits her perfectly. Then again…

This song is a perfect fit for her from a James Bond movie, I almost pick the intro video of a movie where they do show a cat, but I felt it might be a little inappropriate to post here and I don’t want to get in trouble again.

I just had to add another classic Disney song, Everybody wants to be a cat! Even Selina Kyle. :catwoman_hv_1:

Last but not least, At The End Of The Day, picture Catwoman as Fantine. When I first saw this movie, I thought they really made reference that Anne Hathaway played Catwoman, but I later learn that quote in a song has always been there.

So what you think of my pick Catwoman?:grinning:
tumblr_m8qroyEtD91qjm3t5o1_r1_500

Yikes!:fearful:

3 Likes

The Lovecats by The Cure

The song is about a couple who makes a suicide pact. I could easily hear this as a ballad for the duality of The Cat and Kyle. Her greatest love is what she does, even if it can get her killed. The flow and tone is so lively and free, it’s perfect.

At the moment, I can’t post links. Sorry.

2 Likes