đŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Black Lantern Corps! đŸŽ¶

Hello DC’s Masters of the Music Mix!

We can’t thank you enough for the delightful send-off playlist you put together for the lovely curmudgeon that is our dear Constantine! It was a list of songs fit for his character, and the season, alike, and we’re glad we had the chance to listen to them over the past week! :heart:

For those curious, take a look his playlist by clicking here!

This Week’s Theme:
Black Lantern Corps!

Finishing out the month, we decided to go out with a bang featuring a group of characters perfect for a week leading to Halloween Night! A zombie army comprised of the slain and deceased, and equipped with a goal of eliminating the living, this is an emotionless bunch you’re best off not getting on either side of
 nor being within the vicinity of, if you know what’s good. :eyes:

So, do tell, what playlist would you use when going up against so frightful a hoard? :muscle: Or, if you’re of the fainter of hearts like I am, which songs would play as your theme as you attempted to escape them, instead? :pleading_face:

Let us know by dropping your song choices below! :halloween_batman:

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!
Long Halloween Cat

10 Likes

Because this was the first thing to pop into my mind when thinking of an oncoming hoard of the undead (though the smooth moves don’t hurt either, lol), sharing the good stuff with you this week. Behold:

“Thriller,” by Michael Jackson (yes, the full video, none of that shortened video stuff :stuck_out_tongue:)

Otherwise, I’d normally go with something from 28 Days Later or The Girl With All The Gifts, but since I’m in the process of trying to catch up on TWD, I went with a few songs from that show’s soundtrack, which are pretty fantastic:

For the transition:
“You Are The Wilderness,” by Voxhaul Broadcast

For when the army’s on the prowl:
“Mr. Splitfoot,” by Paris Motel

For the hunted seeking sanctuary:
“Lead Me Home,” by Jamie N. Commons

For the resulting conflict and its aftermath:
“Isolation interrupted by the mocking trees," by Kevin Berstler (non-TWD)

12 Likes

Metallica- Blackened.
Pink Floyd- Breathe.
Nirvana- Breed.

8 Likes

Good picks & I love that kitty pumpkin pic!!!

3 Likes

Well, after my vintage week last week
 I have to go heavy this week. (Yeah I’m weird in my music tastes :stuck_out_tongue:)

Black Lanterns represent Death, so this would be a good anthem:
“Death”, by Demon Hunter

I wanted to keep the “death” title theme going, so I settled on the instrumental version of this song, mostly just as a “this should keep you energized if you had to fight”:
“Death Will Reign”, by Impending Doom

And bringing it down a notch, I didn’t want to end on an angry note, the lyrics in the bridge especially stuck out: “without love and without hope we won’t make it through”. That’s totally a part of the Blackest Night storyline

“Slow Death by Fluorescent Lighting”, by Empty

I hope everyone stays safe and has a good Halloween weekend! :ghost: :smiling_imp: :skull: :japanese_ogre: :alien: :jack_o_lantern:

8 Likes

Paint it Black- The Rolling Stones

9 Likes

Well hello there MissInkBlot and everyone else! :wave: :sunglasses:

Ah, a set of tunes to have playing while going up against the Black Lantern Corps? :thinking:

Perhaps that these can be used. :grin:

First up, since the Black Lantern Corps do not like light, I thought this tune could lighten them up. :sweat_smile:

Next up, this tune came to mind that could throw the Black Lantern Corps for a loop. Especially with lyrics like these
 :musical_note:

In the dying light
We can begin
To live again

Also, with this next tune, they could be reminded that we can fly away from their “Blackest Night.” :smiley:

Oh, and now for this tune. This will really get them since they try to not have any emotions. :open_mouth: :joy:

And for the final tune of the list it would have to be
 This one! Maybe with our “9 lives” we will have a chance of beating them. :wink:

8 Likes

Obviously Black Lantern by Scntfc

As well as this Black Lantern song.

Men in Black. Some of them are aliens.

This Green Lantern Rap would invigurate me, and remind me why I love being a Green Lantern.

This Black Lantern Song would perfectly describe the battle.

Evanescence-Haunted because the Black Lantern haunt the people that knew who the Black Lantern pretend to be.

7 Likes

John Williams

7 Likes

Some Finnish Monster Rockers this week.

Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah

7 Likes

Inhale, hold it 10 seconds and exhale

Battle an army of the undead looking to kill me for no other reason than to do it. No vengeance, no remorse, no nothing. Just eliminate me because I live. I can run if I choose but then who would fight for my family and friends? Who would fight to protect those who aren’t able to protect themselves? I’ve probably used a lot of these before but I need that boost of adrenaline so here’s my list. Not necessarily about lyrics although some are appropriate but tempo, to drive and motive.

AC/DC- For Those About To Rock
Could start with something heavy and fast out the gate but don’t want to burn out after a hundred yards, need to last until I can’t.

Scorpions- Blackout
Motley Crue- Live Wire
I think it keeps up and continues steady

Iron Maiden-Aces High w/Winston Churchill speech
Going into battle the Churchill speech is inspirational. It opens the bands Live After Death concert album

Metallica- Seek & Destroy
Black Sabbath- The Mob Rules
Prong- Snap Your Fingers Snap Your Neck
Hatebreed- I Will Be Heard
Ministry- N.W.O. (New World Order)
Metallica- Am I Evil?
Megadeath- Holy Wars/The Punishment Due
The Prodigy- Breathe
Pretty self explanatory I think.

Anthrax- Caught In a Mosh
Keeping up the tempo.

Slipknot- Pulse of The Maggots
Iron Maiden- The Trooper
The first lyrics are “You Take My Life But I’ll Take Yours Too
”

Megadeath- Peace Sells
Metallica- To Live is to Die
Black Sabbath- Heaven and Hell
Metallica- Master of Puppets (The WHOLE album)
Black Sabbath- The Sign of The Southern Cross
Iron Maiden- Die With Your Boots On
Megadeath- Wake Up Dead

That’s all. If I made it this far I’d consider myself lucky. Oh and there’s more but I cut it short.
Thank you and everyone have a good week and a Happy and Safe Halloween. Oh and hi MissInkBlot, I hope you’re continuing to heal up and keep getting better.

7 Likes
6 Likes

Sorry, I have two more. I got hit with some inspiration after listening to and seeing some of these others shared:

“Daylight Dies”, by Killswitch Engage

“The Darkest Nights”, by As I Lay Dying

6 Likes

Hey there, @MissInkBlot—and Everyone!
First, if/when this finds you, I hope you’re well. Second, I heart “You are the Wilderness”, so thank you for adding it! (Great picks in here overall) And third, :sunglasses: plz enjoy. Take care.

Call if Ktulu- Metallica

Glitter Freeze- Gorillaz

Pushing up Daisies- Black Belles

Reapers- Muse

5 Likes

To: @MissInkBlot :white_heart:

RE: Midnight Power Battery

( ( William Goes Home ) )
Meet Ze Monsta (Demo) by PJ Harvey

( ( Segue One ) )
Forest Whitaker [Hagakure dialogue] from Ghost Dog, Jim Jarmusch

( ( Nekron ) )
The Man with the Laughing Hand Is Dead [feat. Bliss Blood] by Melvins

( ( Flight of the Black Lantern Rings ) )
No-One by The Psychedelic Furs

( ( Boston B. & the Black Ls ) )
Blue Bayou by Linda Ronstadt

( ( Black Lanterns Rise! ) )
The Ballad Of Cookie McBride by Iggy Pop

( ( Scar’s Machinations ) )
Easy [Commodores cover!], by Faith No More

( ( Nekron’s Task ) )
Re-Make/Re-Model [Live] by Roxy Music

( ( Entity’s Counteroffer ) )
White Wedding [Parts 1 and 2] by Billy Idol

( ( Segue Two ) )
Elevator Dialogue from Big Trouble In Little China, John Carpenter

( ( Final Fight vs. Black Lantern Corps ) )
Dead Man’s Party by Oingo Boingo

x11

Thanks: Above / Tulsi G. / Grace Jones / Annabelle A. & Oingo Boingo in Tijuana / Mogo / Jessica Cruz / Last night’s Iceberg Lounge Hocus Pocus Watch Along / @Soreita / the Mixtape Monday Crew / the Society of Diana In Black ℱ / Sincerity / & Strength to all who have also been alienated and de-humanized /

#x:white_heart:|Doomx

7 Likes

I still don’t see how that voice came out of that tiny body. Insane.

5 Likes

Nice on all. I’ve used Ministry NWO a few times on these. Such a great one.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Purple People Eater

4 Likes