šŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Black History Month Spotlight - Black Lightning! šŸŽ¶

Well, tbh, I really just went through things I know about him, and then thought about how they would affect a person. and I think you are a great mod for this @MissInkBlot. You are so positive and affirming!!

2 Likes

Absolutely agree

2 Likes

Great choices everyone. I would rock this soundtrack while cruising in the wave rider, or in Cleveland (new home of BL rebooted by Tony Isabella) right down the road from me. Also, @TravisMorgan knows the area.

3 Likes

Thank you @MissInkBlot. Glad you liked my choices. Canā€™t wait for next weekā€™s subject. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Lightning Crashes by Live - I think this song fits in perfectly with Thunder and Lightning. Black Lightnings daughters. Has a sort of family ring to it and coming into your own.

1 Like

@capo-mage - Iā€™m honored youā€™re honored! Most would be terrified. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@AmberButane2814 - Aww, I like the way you described that - it makes me think this is the DC Music version of the show Chopped :stuck_out_tongue: Thank you, both for your kind words, and for being a part of this, showing just how awesome your taste in music is! These posts are the highlight of my week, so the pleasureā€™s truly all mine. :heart_eyes:

@TravisMorgan - Youā€™re very welcome! I hope you like this weekā€™s theme! :slight_smile:

@Nok - Ah, you and @AmberButane2814 are on the same wavelength this week, and I canā€™t help but agree with you both. I mentioned yesterday, but this was my first time listening to Live, and Iā€™m already sold (itā€™s February, so the hearts are already floating out of my head over the new bands youā€™re all sharing with me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:). Thank you for mentioning this - I love the reason given, and how youā€™ve added his daughters into the mix this week! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™d say 'ol BL would lean towards Metallicaā€™s ā€œRide The Lightningā€, because it fits his thematic aesthetic, and also because classic Metallica is badass.

Afterwardā€¦Iā€™d go with 4 Stringsā€™ ā€œLet It Rainā€. All the talk of lightning must make Mr. Pierce eager for a little rain too.

Thank you for the compliment. I really do love this thread, and it is so much fun to make playlists for SHs. I am so greatful for you hsting this for us.
I also want to say that I think we should figure out how to put these playlists on Spotify and Youtube, if they arenā€™t already.
I am also proud to get the Chopped reference.
And finally, I swear to the Source Wall if you keep deflecting compliments I will just compliment you more!! :grinning: :wink: