🎶 Mixtape Monday: Black Adam 🎶

Welcome to another installment of Mixtape Monday! Last week, we celebrated one of the greatest comics ever with a fantastic Sandman playlist:

Sandman Playlist
  • “These Dreams”, by Heart
  • “Enter Sandman”, by Metallica
  • “Mr. Sandman”, by The Chordettes
  • “Welcome to My Nightmare”, by Alice Cooper
  • “Dream Warriors”, by Dokken
  • “Hushabye”, by The Mystics
  • “Winter”, by Tori Amos
  • “Dreaming”, by Blondie
  • “Silent Lucidity”, by QueensrĂżche
  • “Dream Weaver”, by Gary Wright
  • “Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)”, by Eurythmics
  • “Sand”, by Cillian Murphy and Gavin Friday
  • “I Don’t Know My Name”, by Grace VanderWaal
  • “Bohemian Rhapsody”, by Queen
  • “Sleep”, by Godspeed You! Black Emperor
  • “Mr. Sandman”, by the Four Aces
  • “RĂŞve”, by Vangelis
  • “Vide Noir”, by Lord Huron
  • “Speed the Collapse”, by Metric
  • “Dream a Little Dream of Me”, by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
  • “The Dreaming”, by Kate Bush
  • “Once Upon a Dream”, by Lana Del Rey
  • “Sometimes He’s In My Dreams”, by Mary Lattimore
  • “Wildest Dreams”, by Taylor Swift
  • “Dream Is Collapsing”, by Hans Zimmer
  • “Dreams”, by The Cranberries
  • “I Dreamed a Dream”, by Ruthie Henshall
  • “Sprinkle Your Sand Morpheus”, by The Black Capes
  • “Out Of My Dreams”, by Duende with David J
  • “The Land of Make Believe”, by Bucks Fizz
  • “Sandman”, by Ed Sheeran
  • “Long As I Can See The Light”, by Creedence Clearwater Revival
  • “Talking In Your Sleep”, by The Romantics
  • “Haunted Heart”, by Christina Aguilera
  • “Breakin’ Out”, by Danny Jacob
  • “Dreams”, by Space Needle
  • “Sleepy Silver Door”, by Dead Meadow
  • " Piano Sonata No. 14", by Beethoven
  • “Tell”, by EvenS
**This Week's Theme: Black Adam** =

This week, we’re highlighting another DC character set to make his live action debut soon, Black Adam! What songs do you think the ruler of Kahndaq and current member of the Justice League would listen to in his down time? Let us know your picks, below!

While I’m not entirely sure Black Adam would enjoy country (although he might, he’s been around for a while and probably has diverse tastes!) I think this song captures his anti-hero status and general attitude pretty well:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

13 Likes
8 Likes

I have a feeling I’m kinda off in my selections but,

:grin:

12 Likes
12 Likes

Hey @Green.Lantern, Finally I have come back to…Mixtape Monday, I can’t wait to see The Black Adam movie! What you think of the new trailer…IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK! Here’s my two pick for the character, If you can smell what Black Adam music is playing!

*In case you don’t watch wrestling, I was imitating The Rock’s famous lines when he was in wrestling back in 1996 to 2003. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I thought that sounded familiar. :slight_smile: I really liked the new trailer. I was already excited about it and now I’m looking forward to it even more.

6 Likes

Same here.:grinning: Can’t wait to see JSA team as well like Hawkman and Dr. Fate.

4 Likes

Let’s go with this 1972 classic. The title pretty much says it all:

9 Likes

The Johnny Cash one is pretty accurate because The Rock has actually called Adam “The Man in Black” a few times when hyping the character up over the years.

Anyway, some songs that come to mind that fit Adam:

8 Likes

Well, his theme song is titled perfectly…
“Electrifying”, by Jim Johnson

And since the hierarchy of power is about to change in the DC Universe…
“The Power”. by SNAP!

10 Likes

He’s a bit of an anti-hero…

And possibly what he wants to be…

9 Likes

chef-kiss

6 Likes

“Hollywood” Rock

6 Likes

This is the first thing I thought of:

Black Adam’s mom’s name was Betty, right? I forget.

(Somebody should make a parody of this with Black Adam. I’m surprised they haven’t already. Maybe after the movie comes out.)

8 Likes

Fire From The Gods - “Break The Cycle”

Turmion Kätilöt - “Stormbringer”

8 Likes
7 Likes

7 Likes

I’ve got one for the moment. I’ll flip through my collection more later and see if anything strikes me.

Warrior King (Revenge) - Lou Reed

8 Likes

Not exactly the right thread for this…

4 Likes

Greetings Mix Mob! :notes: :inkys_mixtape_mob2: Awesome picks, as always. So Black Adam! :zap:

Here’s what I brought this week: This first one’s been in rotation for me lately, so I know that’s why, lol. :see_no_evil: And the second one just feels right. Something whimsical and majestic about it. :purple_heart:

The Forgotten People- Thievery Corporation

Nuthatch- Maroon Shaker

10 Likes