🎶 Mixtape Monday: Batwoman 🎶

Last week saw the return of Milestone Comics, and the creation of this fantastic Milestone playlist:

Milestone Comics Playlist
  • “Brick House”, by The Commodores
  • “Shadow Cabinet”, by The Church
  • “Dharma”, by Headhunterz & KSHMR
  • “Freedom”, by BeyoncĂ©
  • “Titanium”, by David Guetta
  • “Theme Song from Static Shock”
  • “Master Blaster (Jammin’)”, by Stevie Wonder
  • “Kool’s Back Again”, by Kool & The Gang
  • “Fantasy is Reality”, by Parliament
  • “Superfly”, by Curtis Mayfield
  • “This Fire”, by Killswitch Engage
  • “I Know the Truth”, by Pretty Lights
  • “The World is Yours”, by Nas

This week, we’re creating a playlist for…

:00_batwoman:Batwoman!:00_batwoman:

Let us know what songs you think are on Kate Kane’s playlist below. If you’d like to read more Batwoman for inspiration, you can check out our curated list here! :point_left:

I’ll start things off with a song from one of my favorite bands:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

13 Likes

Just gonna leave this here for now, so I don’t forget it later.

7 Likes

Oh, well TV Kate is always wearing vintage punk and proto-NWOBHM t-shirts, but comic book Kate always struck me as being more in to psychobilly/rockabilly. (Maybe it’s the tattoo…) So, if this is her playlist (and it’s not just an all-Cramps playlist), I’m heading that direction…

More tunes...

:notes: :smiley: :notes:

Although I do love the idea of an alternate reality punk Kate, I feel like she'd have some solid post-riot-grrrl content on that playlist, not just the old school superhits.
10 Likes

I don’t know Batwoman well but based on keath’s post I’ll go with this…

9 Likes

Man it’s been forever since I heard Tiger Army. Nice pick!

7 Likes

Oh, I can’t believe I left this out of my original post. More “dark country” (though I hate that term) than psychobilly, but I think it makes her list, especially given the theme. :batparrot:

7 Likes

Well hello there G.L., Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Songs that might be on Kate Kane’s playlist… :thinking:

I recently had read through the first bit of Detective Comics Rebirth that Kate had a large role in the story, so these are the songs that reminded me of that. :00_batwoman:

For this first one, it was these lyrics that reminded me at first. :musical_score:

Show me a leader that won’t compromise
Show me a leader so hope never dies
We need a hero this time
I know, I know
I know if we’re to survive
We need to know this is not the end

And this next one with these lyrics… For what happened with her father. :eyes:

Are you lost… in your lies?
Do you tell yourself I don’t realize?
Your crusade’s a disguise,
Replaced freedom with fear, you trade money for lives.
I’m aware of what you’ve done.

6 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes

I did not know “dark country” was a thing. Although honestly, if you go back to early country like the Carter Family and Hank Williams, it doesn’t get much darker than some of their songs. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

That’s kind of why I hate the term. It’s basically just country music, but in a world where most people think of Nashville Pop when you say “country.” (See also, “Outlaw Country” :angry:)

5 Likes

Sorry for the late reply this week:

“Fight”, by Icon For Hire

“Fearless, She” by Comrades

5 Likes

I’m not very versed in Kate, but the tone of “Bat For Lashes,” feels right to me, when Batwoman is poised on a Gargoyle.

7 Likes

Kate Kane seems like she might like some Roy Orbison when about to go on patrol. Here’s a song by The Big “O” that very much sums her up:

She’s A Mystery To Me - YouTube

6 Likes

Some may find this song offensive (personally, I’m fine with the song). However, if it makes you uncomfortable/offended, lmk and I’ll take this down.

4 Likes

I love Roy, Bravo!

4 Likes