šŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Batman šŸŽ¶

I love HMB, it genuinely understands the characters better than ~certain directors and writers who shall remain nameless~ Also, Super Friends always makes me happy.

8 Likes

Welcome to mixtape!!! šŒšŽšƒš„š‘š š„šš†š‹šˆš’š‡ā€¦thatā€™s what Iā€™m talking about. Great tune!!

9 Likes

Greetings Mix Mob! :notes: :dancer:t2: :inkys_mixtape_mob2: I say it every week, because itā€™s true: great picks! :bat: Hereā€™s what I brought this week. :purple_heart: Plz enjoy. And welcome aboard @bookwormfitzpatrick.91230! :tada: Melt with You is such a great song.

Waiting for the Night- Depeche Mode

Roadgame- Kavinsky (Gotta drop one for the Batmobile!)

15 Likes

These are good picks! When I was trying to find a second song, I was very tempted to just search Spotify for ā€œnightā€ related songs. :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™m also very happy you have a Batmobile focused song.

8 Likes

Canā€™t go wrong with Depecheā€™ Mode.

9 Likes

@Green.Lantern :laughing: Half the songs that popped into my head had night in the title and I almost didnā€™t want to use them for that reason. I love that DM track tho and it suits himā€¦and a certain Catlady Iā€™m fond of :black_heart::catwoman_hv_2:

Speaking of whichā€¦hereā€™s a bonus track, friends.

Ps. Canā€™t not leave this one here now! :wink:
i-am-the-night-batman

14 Likes

First Class is so fire

7 Likes

I never heard of this ā€œBatmanā€ guy, but I did some research and think I found some good onesā€¦ :batparrot:

I canā€™t find a streamable version of Blue Harvestā€™s I Am The Night and yā€™all have the Neal Hefti, Danny Elfman, and other essentials well covered. Sisters of Mercy, check. Siouxsie, check.

So Iā€™ll start with a song that was released precisely 23 years ago today ā€¦ and I think both appeals to and describes the core driving character of Batman fairly wellā€¦

Followed by an ode to the only true love of Batman, which can die time and time again for him to martyr himself on:

Oh, right. Thereā€™s his other true love. The darkness. (Why donā€™t you marry it?)

Bonus Gothy Goodness! The Damned!

Bonusier bonus old school metal! (If you donā€™t speak metal vocalist, thatā€™s ā€œWhen it comes to action / He knows heā€™s going to make it / Heā€™ll step over dead bodies / Itā€™s a weary and endless fight / Somebody please help him out / The sky is as dark as himself ā€¦ā€)

Elecrodance anthem for the Batā€¦

Even battier electrodance shenanigans! (with absolutely terrifying fan video)

Perhaps youā€™d like some bizarre QuĆ©bĆ©cois hip hop?

And I couldnā€™t resist the urge to include the true alternate origin of Batman from your favorite rockabilly spooky ladyā€¦

Plus, while weā€™re sharing our favorite Hefti covers, Iā€™ll add Mourning Noise, The Hamburglars, and of course Jan and Dean (who have a whole album of Batmagnificence far superior to most of the songs I shared, but Iā€™m a jerk like that).

12 Likes

Hey, if it wasnā€™t for us musical snobs how would anyone know what to listen to? lol.

10 Likes

Nothing but extended dance megamixes of Cageā€™s 4ā€™33", probably. :metal: :metal:

8 Likes

Ok.

8 Likes

Itā€™s one of the best Batman interpretations that doesnā€™t stick to the dark and gritty stuff.

7 Likes
12 Likes

:joy:

6 Likes

Did you just call Jan and Dean dark and gritty?

This is the universe I want to live in. Where American Bandstand was something you werenā€™t sure you would survive, but itā€™s a matter of civic duty to try. Dick Clark hosts New Yearā€™s Rockinā€™ Eve for decades because he defeated all other potential hosts in no holds barred caged combat. Surf rock is not a celebration of teenage carefree lust, but a tradition of battle hymns honed over the ages as generation after generation drown their enemies in the tide.

8 Likes

I Love this music with the Christmas aspect

12 Likes

Do you realize you just came up with one of the most epic comic book story ideas I have ever heard?

7 Likes

For the only things he loves. darkness, danger and cats

:kiss_woman_man: :herb: selina kyle & bruce wayne dance - a kiss under the mistletoe - YouTube

11 Likes

Have someone from Vertigo / Black Label give me a call. I donā€™t think Earth Prime is ready for this. :wink:

5 Likes