🎶 Mixtape Monday: Batman 🎶

Welcome back, music lovers, to another harmonious installment of Mixtape Monday! Last week’s playlist was an especially epic one for Dark Knights of Steel:

Dark Knights of Steel Playlist
  • “Main Theme from Game of Thrones”, by Ramin Djawadi
  • “No Quarter”, by Led Zeppelin
  • “King Nothing”, by Metallica
  • “Camelot Song”, by Monty Python
  • “Holy Diver”, by Dio
  • “The Riders of Rohan”, by Howard Shore
  • “Neon Knights”, by Black Sabbath
  • “O Fortuna/Carmina Burana”, by Carl Orff
  • “Conan the Barbarian: The Anvil of Crom”, by Basil Poledouris
  • “Dragonborn”, by Jeremy Soule
  • “Battlefield”, by Blind Guardian
  • “Immigrant Song”, by Led Zeppelin
  • “Heart of Steel”, by Manowar
  • “Fistful of Steel”, by Rage Against the Machine
  • “Nights in White Satin”, by The Moody Blues
  • “The Trooper”, by Iron Maiden
  • “United We Stand”, by Steve Perry
  • “Looking Through Your Eyes”, by LeAnn Rimes
  • “Highway to Hell”, by AC/DC
  • “Karate Island Song” from Spongebob Squarepants
  • “Main Theme”, from Black Knight 2000
  • “Main Theme (Capcom? Style)”, from Black Knight 2000
  • “Cry of a Banshee”, by Blackbriar
  • " LothlĂłrien", by Matthew Warchus and Shaun McKenna
  • “The Great Council”, by Ramin Djawadi
  • “Light of the Seven”, by Ramin Djawadi
  • “Romeo and Juliet, No 13 Dance of the Knights”, by Sergei Prokofiev
  • “In the Night of Wilderness”, by Blackmill
  • “Bad Moon Rising”, by Creedence Clearwater Revival
  • “Main Theme”, from The Dragon Prince
  • “Run to the Hills”, by Iron Maiden
  • “Symphony Of Destruction”, by Megadeth
  • “Arise”, by E.S. Posthumus
  • “Warrior”, by Demi Lovato
  • “The Battle”, by Harry Gregson-Williams
  • “Toss a Coin to Your Witcher”, by Sonya Belousova, Giona Ostinelli, and Joey Batey
  • “Magic Man”, by Heart

This Week’s Theme: Batman

Batman Day was this Saturday, so now is the perfect time for a playlist for the Caped Crusader himself! What songs do you think would fill up the Batcave and Batmobile while Bruce wages his unending war on crime? Share your picks with us, below!

I’ll start things off with what I feel has to be the first song on this list:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

14 Likes

Might’ve cheated for this, but I can’t not put it here

It’s a full playlist…

12 Likes
14 Likes

You just knew someone had to put this version of the classic theme up, so I figured I’d better do it:

11 Likes

The three characters that inspired Batman.

13 Likes

This is shaping up to be an epic playlist, although considering Batman’s personality and demeanor, I have a feeling we won’t be seeing too many Doris Day songs here.

8 Likes

i figured someone else would post this but the lego batman movie is my favorite movie so i will post it

and then here’s a few that are for sure on bruce’s playlist

14 Likes

I was really tempted to put something cheery and upbeat. I feel like Bruce just might like listening to Abba or classic Disney songs in the Batmobile when nobody else can hear. Or just this on repeat:

He does dress up as a bat every night, so he does have a little bit of a flamboyant and showy side to him!

12 Likes

Good Morning @Green.Lantern, while I’m watching Smallville right now, here’s my two pick for Batman.:smiley:

:batman_hv_1:

14 Likes
13 Likes

The Phantom of the Opera and Johnny Cash both seem like perfect fits for Batman!

11 Likes
13 Likes

I had to

12 Likes

Wow. “Welcome to the Black Parade” is very fitting!

9 Likes

its just one that i think angsty adult bruce would enjoy tbh

8 Likes

Once I get past the Batman '66 theme, the first sort of music that comes to my mind when I think of the Dark Knight is Goth.
For my first song, then, I am going with “This Corrosion” by The Sisters of Mercy (hey, even the video looks like one of the seedier parts of Gotham).

Next up is “Premature Burial” by Sixouxsie and the Banshees. I honestly think it can be said Bruce Wayne died when his parents were murdered, only to be reborn as, well, Batman.

13 Likes

I can honestly see adult Bruce being an MCR fan.

7 Likes

especially robert pattinson’s bman

7 Likes

“White Bat”, by He Is Legend

“Vengeance”, by August Burns Red

“Vengeance”, by The Devil Wears Prada

11 Likes

I’m just putting this out there, but I would watch the hell out of a movie that cast Patricia Morrison as Talia. Doesn’t even need to have any Batman in it.

7 Likes