đŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Batman vs. Snake-Eyes đŸŽ¶

thats
perfect :grinning:
there was an ice cream truck that would drive by when we were in school, but the teachers never let us get it (hindsight yeah, maybe letting a bunch of third and second graders run around after a trunk on a busy road wasn’t the best idea)

5 Likes

Hello darkness my old friend

vs.

The Sounds of Silence

6 Likes

i can’t believe i missed this!

6 Likes
8 Likes

I just found out today that Snake-eye is having his own movie in a couple of month! :grinning:

7 Likes

I hope it’s a silent film.

:smiley:

6 Likes

I didn’t even know who Snake Eyes was till a week or so ago. I don’t think I’ve ever had any experience with the GI Joe franchise. I think most 80s merch-driven cartoon franchises didn’t make it to the 90s after Ninja Turtles hit.

I’m kind of baffled by the resurgence of them in the past decade or so.

6 Likes
7 Likes

There’s a show on Netflix called “The Toys That Made Us”, with an episode focused on the history of GI Joe. I recommend it.

6 Likes

I mean I’m familiar with part of the toylibe, my parents used to give me one of the tall historical GI Joe figures every Christmas.

But the cartoony GI Joe with the team of characters I don’t know much about.

6 Likes

Gotcha. I think I had one of those as a kid also.

BUT, from what I do remember about that episode, it goes into the team also, how they created the Joe vs Cobra story, it talks about the cartoon a bit. It’s funny how they “designed” Snake Eyes and how he became one of the popular figures.

5 Likes

That’s a great documentary series. I’ve learned all kinds of crazy stories about the toys I grew up with; my sister as well. With toys like Barbie & the notorious Hello Kitty. I highly recommend this series.

6 Likes

Welcome back to the community, @DANKNITE420! I’ll have to check the series out then (I was really into Barbie as a kid
 I’ve even gone to Montreal’s Barbie Museum, but that was to kill some time).

Please let the moderator team know if you need anything! :muscle:

6 Likes

Yeah.

4 Likes

Welcome to DC Universe Infinite @quayon119.36900 and Thankyou.:grinning:

4 Likes