🎶 Mixtape Monday: Batman TAS 🎶

Welcome back to another edition of Mixtape Monday! Last week’s playlist was a great one for V for Vendetta:

V for Vendetta Playlist
  • “World Destruction”, by Time Zone
  • “The Gunpowder Plot Song”, by Twinkl
  • “Sympathy for the Devil”, by The Rolling Stones
  • “This Vicious Cabaret”, by David J
  • “Song From the Kitty Kat Keller”, by David J
  • “Street Fighting Man”, by The Rolling Stones
  • “Uprising”, by Muse
  • “Revolution”, by The Beatles
  • “Seven Nation Army”, by The White Stripes
  • “God Save the Queen”, by The Sex Pistols
  • “You’ll Be Back”, by Jonathan Groff and Original Broadway Cast of Hamilton
  • “Civilization Collapse”, by Kreator
  • “Take the Power Back”, by Rage Against the Machine
  • “Enemy”, by Imagine Dragons
  • “Radioactive”, by Imagine Dragons
  • “I Will Not Bow”, by Breaking Benjamin
  • “Bridge Burning”, by Foo Fighters
  • “Rebellion (Lies)”, by Arcade Fire
  • “Cry Me a River”, by Dinah Washington
  • “The City”, by The Chariot
  • “Retribution”, from The Count of Monte Cristo
  • “1812 Overture”, by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
  • “Raise Your Banner”, by Within Temptation
  • “I’m Done With You”, by The Riverside
  • “Anarchy in the U.K”, by The Sex Pistols
  • “N.W.O.”, by Ministry
  • “Sunday Bloody Sunday”, by U2
  • “Guy Fawkes Arrested”, by Hauschka
  • “Main Theme”, from V

This Week’s Theme: Batman: The Animated Series

This week’s playlist is in honor of the main who was the voice of Batman for generations, Kevin Conroy. What songs do you think belong on the ultimate playlist for the ultimate Batman cartoon, Batman: The Animated Series? Share your selections with us, below!

I’ll start things off by getting the obvious song out of the way:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

18 Likes
15 Likes

Hey @Green.Lantern, thankyou so much for doing this, to celebrate Batman the animated series, here’s two different songs from it’s 2 different movies…

If anyone interested, I’ll be hosting the watch along in memory of Kevin Conroy, here’s a link…

15 Likes
12 Likes

For Kevin Conroy. R.I.P :pray:

And for Batman the Animated series

13 Likes
13 Likes
14 Likes
11 Likes

“The Night” by Disturbed

“Holding Out for a Hero” by Bonnie Tyler

I think the latter song can really apply to Kevin Conroy himself. I told one of my friends the past few days, given how kind and decent he was, he was as close to a superhero in real life as one could get.

13 Likes

Hello there G.L. and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Batman The Animated series… :batman_hv_1: :batman:

Here are a couple of tunes based off of some episodes. :smiley:

This one for Heart of Ice. :cold_face:

Then this one for… Well. I think everyone will know which episode it is for. :smile:

Rest in peace Kevin Conroy. :pensive:

13 Likes

Harls’ big number from BTAS. :00_harley_quinn: :00_harley_quinn: :00_harley_quinn: :00_harlivy:

#RIPKevinConroy

12 Likes

Love it when Batman slam his head to the table as he was saying,“Oh give me a break!” :laughing:

8 Likes

Lyrics describe the setting (Dark, dreary Gotham) & criminal activity being one of the only choices left.

One of the greatest of all times G.O.A.T from the man who coined the term itself…

11 Likes

IKR? Classic BTAS.

8 Likes

Billboard top three singles for BTAS premiere week of September 5th, 1992:

Number 1:

Number 2:

(big fave on my playlist here^^^ :smiley:)

Number 3:

12 Likes

I’m really liking how this playlist is a nice mix of songs inspired by the show in general and some that are more focused on Mr. Conroy himself. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

(Totally forgot this was in Suicide Squad)

13 Likes
12 Likes

14 Likes

In My Time of Dying - Led Zeppelin

15 Likes