🎶 Mixtape Monday: Batman '89 🎶

Welcome back to another week of Mixtape Monday! The star of last week’s playlist was none other than Starro:

Starro Playlist
  • “Shining Star”, by Earth Wind and Fire
  • “Stars on 45”, by Stars on 45
  • “Waiting for a Star to Fall”, by Boy Meets Girl
  • “Shiny Happy People”, by R.E.M.
  • “Stars”, by Hum
  • “Come Together”, by The Beatles
  • “Stardust”, by Glenn Miller and His Orchestra
  • “Raping Your Mind”, by Mr. Bungle
  • “Eyes of a Stranger”, by Queensryche
  • “Last Chance”, by Shooting Star
  • “Wishing On a Star”, by Beyonce
  • “Starlight”, by Electric Light Orchestra
  • “Swing on a Star”, by Bing Crosby
  • “Stars Are Blind”, by Paris Hilton
  • “New Killer Star”, by David Bowie
  • “Highway Star”, by Deep Purple
  • “The Imperial March”, by John Williams
  • “Moonage Daydream”, by David Bowie
  • “You’re Somebody Else”, by Flora Cash
  • “Shooting Stars”, by Bag Raiders
  • “Dream a Little Dream of Me”, by Doris Day
  • “MK Ultra”, by Muse
  • “Shine On You Crazy Diamond”, by Pink Floyd
  • “Float On”, by Modest Mouse
**This Week's Theme: Batman '89!** =

Tomorrow sees a very exciting digital release-Batman '89! This six issue series continues the story of the classic movies, and we want to celebrate it by putting together the perfect playlist to accompany it. Share your choices with us, below!

I’ll start things off with this Prince classic:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

14 Likes

I’ll admit this doesn’t really remind me of the movie, but it’s a great hit from '89 regardless :musical_score:

10 Likes

Here’s another great 80s hit that would be appropriate for this playlist. I can imagine the montage of scenes that could be set to this one:

undercover of the night rolling stones - YouTube

9 Likes
8 Likes

ah 1989…if I could just turn back time

and the main theme by Danny Elfman

10 Likes

You remember, that Cher song was quoted in DCeased: A Good Day to Die #1? I am so sympathetic with Scott there: “Are your last words really going to be quoting Cher?” “I like Cher.”

7 Likes

Here’s my two pick song for Batman89! :batparrot:

8 Likes

I’m just assuming no one is mentioning the actual theme song because they think it’s too obvious?

7 Likes

Oh, never mind, I saw it was mentioned.

8 Likes

Oh, DCeased is a great topic for Mixtape Monday! I have so many ideas: “Bad Moon Rising”, “Radioactive”, and “Now or Never”, to name a few.

7 Likes

We had a DCeased week about a year ago! Check it out: :notes: Mixtape Monday: DCeased - Zombie Fighting :notes: - General Discussion - DC Community (dcuniverseinfinite.com)

8 Likes

So this is one of my favorite songs from Batman (actually any song from it reminds me of the first Lego Batman game)
“Waltz to the Death”, by Danny Elfman

Since this series taps into nostalgia, this one is kinda fun… and it’s only off by a few years…
“1985”, by Bowling for Soup

7 Likes

Well hello there G.L., Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Batman '89… :batman:

Quite a selection of tunes to choose for this one. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I will also add to the 80’s theme. :smiley:

First up, for the criminals in Gotham before the arrival of Batman… :musical_note:

And then, for Batman’s constant war on crime in Gotham, this tune. :batman_hv_1:

6 Likes

Oh cool, I didn’t know “1985” was by Bowling for Soup!

5 Likes

Here’s one. This was a song by Prince that was written and recorded for the Batman '89 soundtrack but was left out because he felt it was too dark.

6 Likes

because the joker and batman made each other

6 Likes

I was reading about this yesterday, I didn’t realize it was actually recorded. I am kind of amused by people thinking something Batman related can be “too dark”. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I think it was deemed “too dark for Top 40 dance charts” not “too dark for Batman”… :wink:

5 Likes

That does make more sense. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Straight from teenage DC89’s Summer of Batman 89 mixtape:

Come on over to @scarie2010’s Batman 89 thread and reminisce with me, Mr. @biff_pow Excellent @xLOVEandDoomPatrolx and super cool @Vroom- we’re havin’ lots of fun there looking back on the amazing Summer of Batman! :smiley: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989:

8 Likes