🎶 Mixtape Monday: Aquaman 🎶

Last week, we put together a phenomenal playlist to celebrate the release of The Batman:

The Batman Playlist
  • “I Think I’m Paranoid”, by Garbage
  • “Bullet with Butterfly Wings”, by The Smashing Pumpkins
  • “Batdance”, by Prince
  • “Holy Musical B@man!”, by Starkid Productions
  • “Rogues Are We”, by Starkid Productions
  • “Aries - I Am Vengeance”, by The Showdown
  • “Batman”, by Mourning Noise
  • “Joker’s Wild”, by Man or Astro-Man?
  • “In the Dark”, by Billy Squier
  • “Night Prowler”, by AC/DC
  • “Dark Side of the Moon”, by Pink Floyd
  • “Nocturne”, by Secret Garden
  • “Midnight, The Stars And You”, by Pete Smith
  • “Paint It, Black”, by The Rolling Stones
  • Something in the Way", by Nirvana
  • “Thank God for the Rain”, by Bernard Herrmann
  • “Midnight City”, by M83
  • “Red Right Hand”, by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
  • “Welcome to the Jungle”, by Novo Amor
  • “Black/White”, by The Raveonettes
  • “The Untouchables Theme”, by Ennio Morricone
  • “After Dark”, by Mr. Kitty
  • “Sun Goes Down”, by Lil Nas X
  • “Middle”, by DJ Snake ft. Bipolar Sunshine
**This Week's Theme: Aquaman** =

The Aquaman 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular arrives tomorrow, so there’s never been a better time to celebrate the King of the Seven Seas by creating a playlist just for him! What kind of songs do you think would keep Arthur Curry entertained as he swims beneath the waves? Let us know your picks, below!

I’ll start things off:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

11 Likes
7 Likes

“Ocean Man”, by Ween

And for Aquaman and Mera’s relationship:
“The Ocean”, by Mae

8 Likes

7 Likes
7 Likes

Well, here’s another Disney song that I think suits the King of the Seven Seas:

7 Likes

Finding Nemo fans should dig this tune, which applies to Aquaman’s adventures outside of the seven seas (including some that may involve some smoochin’ for a single Art :kiss_woman_man:)

This song has absolutely nothing to directly do with (nor does it in any other way pertain to) Aquaman, but it is by a group named Aqua, so it fits in a way that it doesn’t, but still does. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Arthur and Mera

10 Likes
9 Likes

Here’s my two picks for Aquaman & Mera relationship. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

There is only one choice: Hail Atlantis!

Atlantis - Donovan

And the fact that Skartaris was originally discovered and populated by Atlanteans.

Runners up:

Led Zeppelin - The Ocean

1983…(A Merman I Should Turn To Be) - Jimi Hendrix

8 Likes

Well, dang it, I can’t find a stream-friendly link for the obvious pick: The Voluptuous Horror of Karen Black’s King of the Sea. So you’ll need to go find that yourself. And go swimming with her. Similarly, can’t find Dissidente’s Atlantis for some reason. Stupid innernets.

So we’ll instead go with:

The obvious Mark Aaron Jones long awaited sequel to Jimmy Olsen’s Blues

Some neo-new wave beachfront goodness:

Deep sea hip hop:

Crunchy supervillian beats:

Maybe get a little meta with some Caveboy Black Canary?

And Garth’s very own surf rock band!

8 Likes

I was thinking of the theme from Jaws as well but I’ll leave that to someone else.

9 Likes

Brilliant!

9 Likes
11 Likes

Donovan’s good stuff, especially Sunshine Superman (I won’t post it here, because its got nothing to do with Mr. A). :superman: :00_lc_green_lantern:

7 Likes

Loved this song used for Arthur in ZSJL.

12 Likes

Wow, there are more aquatic songs than I’d first though of. I am extremely, extremely disappointed in myself for not thinking of Octopus’s Garden, since that’s one of my favorite Beatles songs. :stuck_out_tongue:
I feel like this is one song Arthur would get a kick out of (although I think he did used to, or maybe still does, have the vulnerability where he had to be in water every twenty-four hours or something, so actually he might hate this song):

8 Likes
6 Likes

@LDFM took my first choice with Ween’s Ocean Man. Thankfully, they have another aquatic song in their arsenal of weirdness. Come for the fun song and stay for the Les Claypool acoustic bass solo. Also, I got a laugh that Ween’s bass player stayed on stage doing his thing with Les doing his thing. So much bass goodness.

More Les Claypool! Aquaman got lucky being called Aquaman and not Mr. Oysterhead. Oysterhead was a supergroup of sorts with Les Claypool (Primus and many other bands), Trey Anastasio (Phish), and Stuart Copeland (The Police) on drums.

7 Likes