🎶 Mixtape Monday: Alfred 🎶

Welcome back to another installment of Mixtape Monday! Last week, we put together the ultimate love song playlist in celebration of Strange Love Adventures #1 and in preparation for Valentine’s Day:

Strange Love Adventures Playlist
  • “I Get A Kick Out Of You”, by Frank Sinatra
  • “Lay, Lady, Lay”, by Bob Dylan
  • “Love is Strange”, by Mickey & Sylvia
  • “The Future Soon”, by I Fight Dragons
  • “Only Us”, by Ben Platt and Laura Dreyfuss
  • “The Way I Do”, by StarKid Productions
  • “Inevitable”, by Anberlin
  • “We’re So Far Away”, by Mae
  • “Loving the Alien”, by David Bowie
  • “People Are Strange”, by Echo & The Bunnymen
  • “God Only Knows”, by the Beach Boys
  • “Not A Love Song”, by Ross Lynch
  • “I Only Have Eyes for You”, by The Flamingos
  • “Whenever You Come Around”, by Vince Gill
  • “Super Freak”, by Rick James
  • “No Children”, by The Mountain Goats
    " "Tainted Love’, by Soft Cell
  • “The Wanderer”, by Dion
  • “Every Day With You Girl”, by The Classics IV
  • “The Kind Of Boy You Can’t Forget”, by The Raindrops
  • “Louie Louie”, by Motörhead
  • “Corners Of The Earth”, by Odesza
  • “Every Other Way”, by BT and Jes
  • “I Could Fall In Love”, by Selena
  • “I Can’t Help It (If I’m Still in Love With You)”, by Hank Williams
**This Week's Theme: Alfred** =

This week, Pennyworth #1 arrives, so we’re taking this opportunity to build a particularly distinguished for the man himself, Alfred Pennyworth! What songs do you think he listens to on those long nights assisting Bruce from the Batcave? Share your choices with us, below!

I’ll start things off with these two selections, one that fits Alfred and Bruce’s relationship pretty well, and another from Alfred’s homeland that describes Batman (and Alfred himself at times):

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

10 Likes

You Can Call Me Al by Paul Simon. (not that Alfred would stand for it)
If there is a song about the Lion and the Unicorn (I think I remember one but can’t find it) form the Animated episode where they were trying to find something and Alfred knew part of the location.

7 Likes

The best Alfie song ever written

What’s it all about, Alfie?
Is it just for the moment we live?
What’s it all about when you sort it out, Alfie?
Are we meant to take more than we give
Or are we meant to be kind?
And if only fools are kind, Alfie
Then I guess it is wise to be cruel
And if life belongs only to the strong, Alfie
What will you lend on an old golden rule?
As sure as I believe there’s a heaven above, Alfie
I know there’s something much more,
Something even non-believers can believe in
I believe in love, Alfie
Without true love we just exist, Alfie
Until you find the love you’ve missed you’re nothing, Alfie
When you walk let your heart lead the way
And you’ll find love any day, Alfie
Alfie

Writer/s: Burt Bacharach, Hal David

7 Likes

:frowning:How did I miss last week mixtape? I had a couple of songs ready for Valentines Day. :broken_heart:
I’ll have to think of something for Alfred.

5 Likes
8 Likes

You can still add them to last week’s. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thankyou.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes
7 Likes

Here’s my two song for Alfred. :grinning:

In Good Night thread I made a tribute to Bob Saget, Danny tells DJ Alfred is his favorite hero, cause he like to keep things clean and work for Batman. It’s not a easy job, but somebody gotta do it.

When I watch Full House I can really see Alfred in Danny. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes
  1. Since Alfred is a butler, I imagine him loving Downton Abbey, especially the scenes with the butler (who he naturally relates to), footman, cooks, maids, and other “downstairs” household servants.
  1. Butlers have to always look calm, collected, and presentable while doing or leading a team to do the necessary chores. Butlers are always there to do the job, without complaints. They take on so much like Luisa, of Encanto, does.
7 Likes

I just got this horrible image in my head of Alfred actually having an entire staff assisting him that Bruce doesn’t notice and we never see because they’re “downstairs”/just the help. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

The Butler is generally the only household staff the outside world/visitors interact with. He is the one who answers the door, greets guests, and answers the phone. Of course, it may vary from household to household. The other household staff are more behind the scenes, so they’re rarely seen.

6 Likes

I honestly had never thought of this, but Wayne Manor has to have more than just Alfred running it. I can’t think of ever seeing anyone else, though.

7 Likes

He seems like a classy guy so…

“Ain’t Misbehavin’”, by Fats Waller

“Pennies From Heaven”, by Billie Holiday

7 Likes

Since I’m still in a bit of a Super Bowl mood, how about the 1963 classic that inspired Dr Dre’s The Doctor’s Office … ?

And a little some’n some’n from his youth…

Special bonus: one of Julia’s canonically favorite bands. I’m a nice guy, so I went with mid-career so it’s not tooooo much experimental art… but do yourself a favor and go binge some Halber Mensch “documentary” clips. Try Sehnsucht if you’re tentative, or jump right in to Z.N.S. if you’re ready to be reborn.

7 Likes

Alfred being the classy dude that he is I’m guessing would enjoy this.

Just anything sophisticated really.

6 Likes

5 Likes
5 Likes

Alfred reminds me of the quintessential English gentleman which reminds me of one of the quintessential English rock groups, The Kinks. Ray Davies is a man out of time who pines for the simpler days of a bygone age.

Afternoon Tea - Nothing is more British and I’m sure Alfred brews a great cuppa.

The Village Green Preservation Society - The village green is from a simpler more genteel time.

Waterloo Sunset - The central train station of historic London.

Victoria - A song about the Victorian Age and the British Empire.

Celluloid Heroes - A great song about past movie greats that has a gentlemanly feel that reminds me of Alfred.

7 Likes
7 Likes