Milestone Titles To Release Day And Date In Print, Digital, And DC Universe Infinite!

NEW MILESTONE NEWS FROM DC: SAME DAY PRINT/DIGITAL LAUNCHES FOR STATIC: SEASON ONE , ICON AND ROCKET: SEASON ONE AND HARDWARE: SEASON ONE , PLUS EXCITING VARIANT COVER

Static Season One Debuts in Comic Book Stores and Digitally Tuesday, June 15

Icon and Rocket: Season One Debuts in Comic Book Stores and Digitally Tuesday, July 27

Hardware: Season One Debuts in Comic Book Stores and Digitally on Tuesday, August 10

Each Six-Issue Limited Series Available Day and Date to DC Universe Infinite Subscribers

From fans to retailers and press, the excitement surrounding the return of Milestone to DC is at a fever pitch, and DC is releasing more news about the return of the imprint and its groundbreaking characters Static, Icon and Rocket, and Hardware.

While the Milestone Returns #0: Infinite Edition is available now digitally and in comic book stores on May 25, the three series spinning out from it will now release simultaneously on participating digital platforms and in comic book stores. This new release schedule will now enable both digital and print comic readers to experience these great new stories and storytellers at the same time.

• Static: Season One, written by Vita Ayala, with layouts by CHRISCROSS, finishes by Nikolas Draper-Ivey with covers by Khary Randolph launches in print and digital on June 15

• Icon and Rocket : Season One, co-written by Reggie Hudlin and Leon Chills, with art by Doug Braithwaite and covers by Taurin Clarke launches in print and digital on July 27

• Hardware: Season One, written by Brandon Thomas, with art by Denys Cowan and Bill Sienkiewicz with covers by Mateus Mahanini, launches in print and digital on August 10

Each series will be supported by a robust variant-cover plan; the launch of Static Season One will include a retailer-exclusive variant cover program, plus a “team” variant by artist Olivier Coipel. The full variant cover program details will be revealed in future issues of DC CONNECT, beginning with issue #12, available online on or before April 23, 2021.

16 Likes

Sign me up.

I was getting it digitally anyway, so nothing changes for me.

Oh, and maybe do an animated series and movie too while you’re at it, DC and Warner Bros… [insert smiley face]

6 Likes

This is awesome! Getting to read all of these books the day they are released, without having to pay a cent extra, is a great perk for us DCUI subscribers. I don’t know a lot about Hardware, Icon or Rocket but I’m looking forward to reading these books and getting to know them.

Question - do these have anything to do with Future State/Infinite Frontier? I haven’t read any of those yet as I’m waiting until they arrive on here this summer so if these are standalone books/stories I’ll dig in the day they come out but if they are related to the events of those two events I may hold off until I’ve had a chance to read them first.

5 Likes

Oh hell yeah! Another big win for DCUI.

7 Likes

They do not! These Milestone books are set in their own separate continuity.

5 Likes

@FelixLeiter

Yep, the Milestone characters are set on their own Earth-M… is it?

Way back in 2015 that’s what the situation was at least.

A few things have changed since that announcement of course, but I’m assuming Earth-M is still in play?

Or it may have a number now… either one.

I like Earth-M though, so that’s what I’m going with. [insert smiley face]

4 Likes

Joy!!!

4 Likes

Awesome™:+1:

3 Likes

Nice to see this push for Milestone. And some good creators on these books :+1:t4:

4 Likes

So excited for this. Loved how they adjusted everything to modern times for Milestone Returns, and can’t wait for more. Bummed about the April to June bump, but I’ll probably make it. :wink:

3 Likes

Early solicitation for ICON AND ROCKET…

ICON AND ROCKET: SEASON ONE #1

• written by Reggie Hudlin and Leon Chills

• art by Doug Braithwaite

• cover by Taurin Clarke

• $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 (OF 6) | FC | DC

• DC ON SALE 7/27/2021

Long ago, the stranded alien known as Arnus gave up hope of returning to his home planet. Tragically, he’d also realized that his adopted home of Earth was beyond saving. Content to waste away his long life in a human guise, Arnus was past caring… until the day a young woman named Raquel Ervin crashed into his life. Soon she’d convinced him to put his incredible power to work again as the heroic Icon… and to transform her into his sidekick, Rocket! But an innocent question on Rocket’s part — “Why can’t we do something about the drugs on my corner?” — quickly set a chain of events in motion leading to the pair becoming the most hunted beings on Earth… and they’re not just being pursued by Earthlings, either!

Unleashing a tale of power and responsibility that will stretch from the boardrooms of corporate America to the jungles of South America and the depths of deep space! If you’ve ever thought there were certain things that a superhero story just couldn’t do, it might be time to start thinking different…

So far, so good.

The full July solicitations are due by April 23rd, I guess – as was said in the original post.

But yep, I’m liking what I’m seeing so far.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I guess April 28th was the release of the July solicitations.

And with it, a page of ICON AND ROCKET preview art…

Classicism by Doug Braithwaite.

And kind of “iconic.” :relaxed:

1 Like

I love the cover, particularly the poses chosen for Icon and Rocket. I always wished we saw more of these two in Young Justice!

2 Likes

Static: Season One #1 is now available. Getting to read it BEFORE it is released in stores and without having to pay a cent extra…fantastic.

DCUI may have lost the video content but for comics junkies like us this place has gotten a LOT better since January.

1 Like

Tell me about it! I haven’t read the first issue just yet but I’ve always loved Static so I’m really hyped for this :slight_smile:

And as always, we’re happy to hear some good feedback like that. Hopefully we will all continue to grow together!