Middle Names in Comics

My middle name is indeed Elizabeth.

OOC: That is in character. I cannot remember what comic confirmed it, but it is there and confirmed in her wikipedia article.

4 Likes

Awesome!!! Welcome back my friend!! Great to hear from you for real.

4 Likes

Yeah they do some weird ones like that, which aren’t Elseworlds or anything? They probably just didn’t realize someone had already used one at some point & wanted to do the you’re in trouble now mr. Mom voice lol

4 Likes

Yep, it’s like Martha and Jonathan Kent being Sarah and Eben Kent on the Adventures of Superman radio and tv show, and Martha being Mary in the first issue of Action.

4 Likes

Exactly…!!! -& the majority of Young Justice TAS lol. One of the best ones ever for sure. But, no issues with changing continuity at all. It’s great tho so it works if u have a general understanding of most DC characters. Rewards those who’ve been good students lol.

3 Likes

Jefferson Michael Pierce- Black Lightning.

3 Likes

Thank you again @capo-mage!

I just had a sudden fit of paranoia and imagined what might happen if I accidently deleted the whole list while trying to add to it. I’m copying it here in case that should happen.

3 Likes

:joy:-& that’s awesome at the same time. Wow!!! Look at all of those!!

3 Likes

Yeah, this is a lot more than I was expecting people to find. I’m loving it. Love noticing little things like Lex and Clark’s name being the same and whatnot. Also rule of thumb I’ve seen is male characters generally have their father’s first name as their middle.

3 Likes

Good catch!!! Never really realized that but as soon as u said it it worked from the ones I can go thru in my head…

3 Likes

Oswald Archibald Thunderbolt. I was surprised to learn he had a name other than Yz and even more so to learn he had a middle name. Apparently this is some real Golden Age bizarre story stuff.

3 Likes

We want to count Gilda Dent formerly Gilda Gold?

3 Likes

No.

4 Likes

The people have spoken. And since @MatthewHecht is both Batman and Stargirl, his vote counts twice.

4 Likes

You forget BatMongoose, RobotBatman, Batman trapped in Stargirl’s body, A Hyena who leads a cackle, and Robin. All of them have also used the account.

4 Likes

Alright, six times.

4 Likes

Ambush “whaaaa” Bugs

4 Likes

Vera Lynn Black (Manchester’s sister)

3 Likes

Patricia Lynn Dugan

4 Likes

A great contribution!

4 Likes