Metropolis, Illinois

Has anyone gone there? I’ve always wanted to. It’s a small town, proud of sharing the Metropolis name and they have a Superman museum and giant statue. There’s a big celebration every 2nd weekend of June

superman-celebration.jpg

4 Likes

Never been but a co worker went and had fun :scream:

2 Likes

I’ve driven by there hundreds of times ( I’m a truck driver) but never had the chance to stop.

1 Like

I went for the 1st time earlier this year. It was the 80th Anniversary of Superman. Brandon Routh was there. It was my 2nd time getting to meet him & 1st time getting his autograph. Brandon even had his parents there. I love the small town feel. I’m actually considering buying a house down there. The Museum is the best, especially if you’re a Superman fan. Unfortunately no comic book stores in that town, the closest was in Kentucky just across the border. I’m planning to go again this year.

1 Like

That’s awesome. Lucky you and something you can treasure forever

1 Like

Yes, definitely! Thanks! I made sure I took a lot of pictures. I just wish I had some friends go and share the experience. Hopefully in 2019 I will have a couple friends joining me. It will definitely be more fun.

1 Like

I have been 4 or 5 times. I didn’t get there in time to see Brandon Routh this year, but I got to see Margot Kidder last year and Sara Douglas. The Superman festival is a nice event.

1 Like

She was there soon before her death!? Damn

1 Like

I live Illinois and didn’t know about this so I might go.

1 Like

How far are you from there?