Meta Madhouse Throwdown on Themyscira Discussion and Debates

StarSaph v Jinx: Jinx wins.
Her bad luck will make that ring useless. :sweat_smile:

HQ v Mag: HQ wins
HQ. She’s just a better fighter.

Ivy v Alice: Ivy wins
The powers give her the win.

SB v Gig: SB wins
Gig is big but you the bigger they are and such. And her ears are bigger making them easy targets for the scream.

H v Tal: Tal wins
Daughter of Ra’s and definitely more of a skilled fighter.

LS v Cat: LS Wins
One of it not the Best martial artist in DC

Plas v LW: LW wins.
Electricity can spark her explosives. So LW gets it.

KF v Ches: KF
Hard fight but KF is more powerful than she knows so I’d say she can get it.

3 Likes

Yes, if neither of the two Olympian Overrides occur, when we get to the final four, they will be revealed. OOs only apply during individual bracket contests. Once we get down to the Final Four, there are no Olympian Overrides.

5 Likes

Star Sapphire over Jinx.
Not all magic is created equal. Jinx magical powers are: the ability to command elements such as air, the manipulation of magical energy that she can manifest as offensive force bolts and green flame, the ability to dissolve matter, and creation of ground tremors. Against many combatants this is a hefty power set, against a ring user, not so much. Ground tremors and element control isn’t effective against a ring that allows the user to fly in the vacuum of space. Force bolts and flame are also lowly effectual against a ring or easy for it to shield against. Rings create energy constructs, not material. So Jinx can’t simply devolve matter she is attacked by. While Jinx could go deep in this bracket, Star Sapphire is a bad matchup for Jinx and Carol moves on.

Harley over Magpie

Ivy over Alice

Giganta over Silver Banshee. Her increase in size can absorb much of SB attacks and she can swat Banshee like a loud gnat. In this match up, size matters.

Huntress over Talia. Both are very deadly and ruthless, but crossbow gives Helena the advantage.

Shiva over Catwoman. Shiva!s sword skills are enough to trim Selina’s claws. Not to mention that Shiva is one of the best martial artists in all of DC lore.

I’m going with the upset here with Plastique over Livewire. LW likes to monologue and has an ego bigger than her power set. Livewire is going into this match thinking it’s in the bag only to find out BOOM she been blasted into the locker room as the loser.

Killer Frost over Cheshire.

6 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself, though I differed on Huntress v Talia, I just think Talia’s training is greater than Huntress, even with the crossbow. Also, I voted Livewire, but I like your reasoning here.

6 Likes

I agree. I also think BB and PG have an advantage seeing that both have been trained in battle tactics. Themysciran vs. Kryptonian: My understanding is that Superman and Wonderwoman are almost an even match. Again the battle training. Also, in different stories (comics vs. TV) Kryptonians are supposed to be immune to telepathy. To wrap it up, the battle tactic characters have the advantage and the sure win.

6 Likes

Round 1 voting is complete.
Full results can be found in the first message of this thread.

5 Likes

Wow a perfect bracket for poison round 1. Nice. :tada:

6 Likes

batgirl beats supergirl- batman literally stockpiles kryptonian weaknesses
ms martian beat artemis-mind over strengh also martians are just really overpowered when you think about it
batwoman beats lighting lass because if insulated suit
barda wins new god best female fury against cosmic staff, it is really not much of a fight
donna over Zattana-idk gut feeling but amazons might be able to combat magic better
raven beats crazy jane- raven is very powerful
spoiler over starfire-cause batman has a lot of contingency plans for aliens and his children’s love interest star gets both (this vote has nothing to do with spoiler being one of my favorites :rofl:)
vixen wins because animals could go toe to toe with speedster

5 Likes

Co-signing this. :+1:

6 Likes

Darn it- thought for sure that Jinx had this one. Alrighty then. :astonished:

6 Likes

Round Two: Wonder Woman’s Warriors & Hippolyta’s Heroines

Supergirl beats Batgirl: Neither wants to fight the other. So Babs has no Kryptonite and Kara ain’t gonna melt her with heat vision from 1000 yards in the air. Kara gets Babs in a hold Babs can’t break free of. Babs just Taos out. Safe & Simple. (And I’m sorry, but regardless of what Miller and a few others, desperate in need of an absurd plot device. Kryptonians could turn humans into piles of cinders or beat them to past. All day, every day. It’s not even a contest.)

Artemis beats Miss Martian. Artemis is just to well trained and has more battle tactics (thanks to her namesake goddess) for Miss M to cope with. Artemis would literally cut off her own hair use metal area of her armor to cause sparks an light it on fire to attack Miss Martian. Not to mention, if folks are able to bring things with them, there is this little substance callled “Greek fire” which is basically an ancient form napalm. Not only could Artemis create fire to weaken Miss Martian, she could quite literally set her on fire and as a true Amazon warrior, she’s got no qualms about doing that.

Lightning Lass over Batwoman. LL’s flight ring keeps her well out of Batwoman’s attack range, and insulation only is going to work for a couple of hits of lightning and LL can throw it all day. Talk about fried bat. LL and it ain’t even close.

Mega-Rod vs Cosmic staff. We will set aside physical fighting, cuz Stargirl is seriously out classed in that department. The Mega-Rod is the same tech used in boom-tubes, which can rip a hole in space-time. The cosmic staff is no where near as powerful.

Zee just out classes Donna. Her magic is some of the most powerful on Earth. Donna is in the position of constantly being on defense, which doesn’t suit her well. She will get desperate to strike and that is Zee’s opening to take Donna out once and for all.

Raven over Crazy Jane. This is a sheer power battle and and CJ is “bringing a toothpick to a Claymore fight”.

Starfire doesn’t want to hurt Spoiler, ,
but eventually she pisses Starfire off, and hell hath no fury like a pissed off Tamarainian.

Vixen vs the Speed Force. Speed Force wins this hands down. Over before it starts. Sorry Vixen, you may be fast in certain forms. But, fast as a speedster…not a chance. Jessie wins this in less than a second and doesn’t break a sweat.

Those are my picks and reasons why.
What are yours?

7 Likes

Oh well- that’s OK. BG and SG shouldn’t be fighting the first place. #WorldsFinest #Buddies4Ever :0_batgirl: :0_supergirl:

8 Likes

I’m not sure how to feel about this…

5 Likes

Yay Rae Rae! :smiley: :+1: :0_raven: :0_raven: :0_raven:

6 Likes

I totally get this, BUT we could argue the same for lots of people in both tournaments. (Just like last year when they put Harley & Ivy against each other in Round 1 :neutral_face:) These are just “what if” scenarios. That’s how I look at it, anyway. If you think Babs would get the upper hand in a friendly spar, vote for her/fight for her. :muscle: :purple_heart:

5 Likes

I did NOT like having to make this decision :laughing: (:heart: you Donna) but Zee is the one.

5 Likes

That’s why they could get matched up in the second round. Part of the magic of the tournament is those matchups where you don’t want either to lose. But, it is still up to the community and the votes, so be sure to vote. Upsets happen.
Vote here: META MADHOUSE 2021: Throwdown on Themyscira 🚩Round 2 Voting: Wonder Woman’s Warriors & Hippolyta’s Heroines!

5 Likes

No, I totally get it- this is just for fun. :smiley: :+1: I’m out of the tourney now anyway 'cuz so many of my picks lost so I’m just making some observations. :smile:

5 Likes

Well said, thanks for taking the time to post this, now I don’t have to! :laughing:

5 Likes

I can see an argument for Miss Martian’s mental attack, and that made this the trickiest match up for me. But, I think if Artemis can keep M’gann engaged and off balance, she can get the fire started and that’s it. I like the inclusion of “Greek Fire.” :wink:

4 Likes