Meta Madhouse Throwdown on Themyscira Discussion and Debates

So an Olympian Overide (only one use per bracket.) The patron goddess ask Hera to override the result. Hera flips a coin yo decide whether or not to grant the override. In Mary’s case it came up tails and the override was not granted, so the vote stands and Raven advances.
(In the case of Black Canary vs Big Barda, the coin came up heads and the override was allowed and Barda advanced.)

Does that clear things up?

5 Likes

:thinking:
:pleading_face:

4 Likes

That makes sense. Was a bit confused why Mary overrode but lost :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

FvB: F wins
Don’t know much about B but can’t bet wrong against a kryptonian.

BFvKO: BF wins
Just feel the tamarainian skill set and ruthlessness gives her the win.

EvWall: E wins
Wall always has a plan but with the bomb enchantress can destroy her.

EEvCirce: Circe wins
Don’t bet against magic.

Lash v Stomp: Lash. I feel she can out maneuver Stomp’s power.

Max v Urs: Ursa
See the first match up.

Cyc v SW: SW wins.
I think it’ll take more than wind to stop her.

TvRose: Rose
Rose. A had fought battle and Terra is very powerful but lacks control being her weakness.

4 Likes

faora wins she’s kryptonian
knockout over blackfire because new god and I like knockout more
waller cause its well waller, she’s like female batman with less morals
circe wins- all she has to do is take out the eye, also cicre goes toe-to toes with Wonder woman
lashina- leader of furies is most skilled/dangerous
maxima- Maxima could go toe to toe superman Ursa needs help to fight Superman
superwoman over cyclone, look cyclone is awesome but she doesn’t have much of a chance
rose hopefully followed by both getting therapy from trauma due to deathstroke

4 Likes

First round for Granny’s Good Girls voting end tonight at 11:00 pacific. If you haven’t voted tonight’s the time.

3 Likes

Okay… the Femme Fatales bracket. This might have been the hardest for me, but throwing a sorceress in an otherwise mostly-brawler room is a bit unfair.

• Jinx over Star Sapphire - As with Zatanna v Green Lantern, Enchantress v Waller, and Circe v Emerald Empress, magic has the advantage over powerful rings (and neck bombs) every time. If Carol can move the fight off of Earth, Jinx is toast, but precognition and the ability to remove her ring with a strong breeze prevent that first move.
  • Harley beats Magpie - what does Magpie bring to the table? Besides the ability to catch a giant mallet with her face? She’s not going to trick Harley here. She’s going to get Chris Tucker mocking her face.
  • Poison Ivy beats Alice - again, Alice has nothing to bring here. Her power lies in the ability to coerce and manipulate people. A secret cult doesn’t help you in a one on one fight against a woman who can bind you with foliage. Maybe she throws in some giant mushrooms to for flair and distraction.
  • Silver Banshee over Giganta - so, I thought this one was interesting. In theory, normal sized Doris can probably outsmart Siobhan … but to what end? Neither can significantly hurt the other in a fist fight, and if Doris sizes up for defense, it doesn’t help much at all. Her identity is not secret; this comes down to a sonic scream, and a potentially very hard fall.
  • Huntress beats Talia – yeah, I think this is probably opposite of how most will vote, but Talia’s ruthlessness is more of a Lex Luthor cunning. She’s a good fighter, but not a great fighter, and even then, focuses on the close quarters. Meanwhile, Helena (either flavor, but I’m thinking Bertinelli) has both close quarters skills, ranged skills, and now Spyral tech. As with Alice, if she can’t call in her army, Talia goes down.
  • Shiva over Catwoman - Selina is a decent fighter, but is mostly about evasion. She might be able to drag the fight on, maybe even get a sword out of Sandra’s hand, but that won’t work for her twice. The world’s deadliest assassin will triumph in the end.
  • Livewire beats Plastique - quickly. Likely off-panel, where Plastique usually loses. There might be some explosions, but Livewire doesn’t need to be human when that happens.
  • Killer Frost beats Cheshire - Cheshire is awesome, but relies too heavily on poisons, which require contact, and close quarters contact. Sure, she’s good with throwing knives, but any version of Killer Frost can keep her at bay and lower the temperature to the point where Jade can’t fight. She’s deadly and agile, but in the end she’s still a human in an uninsulated outfit in what’s bound to be sub-arctic temps pretty quick.
4 Likes

Interesting… No Olympian Override for Granny’s Good Girls? :thinking:

Unless… It will be later in the round… :eyes: :fearful: :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yep. No Olympian Override is GGG round 1. The character that has it advanced be the vote, so no reason for it to activate. Might it come up in later rounds. Who knows?

4 Likes

The only reason I chose Lady Shiva over Catwoman is because Lady Shiva survived through most of the DCeased comics, while Catwoman died almost immediately.

4 Likes

jinx beats star saphire magic over ring
harley beats magpie cause when popularity, two Harley survived Joker she can do anything
Poison Ivy wins- last I checks alice had no powers, Ivy has lots of powers
silver banshee wins-can’t remember ever seeing giganta as more than one off threat also banshee has magic
hunteress beats Talia-hunteress survived one on one fight with Shiva and has been trained by black canary
shiva beats Catwoman, come on its Shiva barring extiuationg circumstances always assumed shiva wins fist fight
livewire ove plastique electricity over explosions
killer frost beats Cheshire she would have to get close enough to poison her

5 Likes

:sweat_smile:

Actually… Just wondering what Mr. Le Clear’s reasoning for the advancement, and perhaps if said participant keeps advancing without activating it, maybe after the tournament if it’s possible if we all could know it? :thinking: :sunglasses: :+1:

5 Likes

StarSaph v Jinx: Jinx wins.
Her bad luck will make that ring useless. :sweat_smile:

HQ v Mag: HQ wins
HQ. She’s just a better fighter.

Ivy v Alice: Ivy wins
The powers give her the win.

SB v Gig: SB wins
Gig is big but you the bigger they are and such. And her ears are bigger making them easy targets for the scream.

H v Tal: Tal wins
Daughter of Ra’s and definitely more of a skilled fighter.

LS v Cat: LS Wins
One of it not the Best martial artist in DC

Plas v LW: LW wins.
Electricity can spark her explosives. So LW gets it.

KF v Ches: KF
Hard fight but KF is more powerful than she knows so I’d say she can get it.

3 Likes

Yes, if neither of the two Olympian Overrides occur, when we get to the final four, they will be revealed. OOs only apply during individual bracket contests. Once we get down to the Final Four, there are no Olympian Overrides.

5 Likes

Star Sapphire over Jinx.
Not all magic is created equal. Jinx magical powers are: the ability to command elements such as air, the manipulation of magical energy that she can manifest as offensive force bolts and green flame, the ability to dissolve matter, and creation of ground tremors. Against many combatants this is a hefty power set, against a ring user, not so much. Ground tremors and element control isn’t effective against a ring that allows the user to fly in the vacuum of space. Force bolts and flame are also lowly effectual against a ring or easy for it to shield against. Rings create energy constructs, not material. So Jinx can’t simply devolve matter she is attacked by. While Jinx could go deep in this bracket, Star Sapphire is a bad matchup for Jinx and Carol moves on.

Harley over Magpie

Ivy over Alice

Giganta over Silver Banshee. Her increase in size can absorb much of SB attacks and she can swat Banshee like a loud gnat. In this match up, size matters.

Huntress over Talia. Both are very deadly and ruthless, but crossbow gives Helena the advantage.

Shiva over Catwoman. Shiva!s sword skills are enough to trim Selina’s claws. Not to mention that Shiva is one of the best martial artists in all of DC lore.

I’m going with the upset here with Plastique over Livewire. LW likes to monologue and has an ego bigger than her power set. Livewire is going into this match thinking it’s in the bag only to find out BOOM she been blasted into the locker room as the loser.

Killer Frost over Cheshire.

6 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself, though I differed on Huntress v Talia, I just think Talia’s training is greater than Huntress, even with the crossbow. Also, I voted Livewire, but I like your reasoning here.

6 Likes

I agree. I also think BB and PG have an advantage seeing that both have been trained in battle tactics. Themysciran vs. Kryptonian: My understanding is that Superman and Wonderwoman are almost an even match. Again the battle training. Also, in different stories (comics vs. TV) Kryptonians are supposed to be immune to telepathy. To wrap it up, the battle tactic characters have the advantage and the sure win.

6 Likes

Round 1 voting is complete.
Full results can be found in the first message of this thread.

5 Likes

Wow a perfect bracket for poison round 1. Nice. :tada:

6 Likes

batgirl beats supergirl- batman literally stockpiles kryptonian weaknesses
ms martian beat artemis-mind over strengh also martians are just really overpowered when you think about it
batwoman beats lighting lass because if insulated suit
barda wins new god best female fury against cosmic staff, it is really not much of a fight
donna over Zattana-idk gut feeling but amazons might be able to combat magic better
raven beats crazy jane- raven is very powerful
spoiler over starfire-cause batman has a lot of contingency plans for aliens and his children’s love interest star gets both (this vote has nothing to do with spoiler being one of my favorites :rofl:)
vixen wins because animals could go toe to toe with speedster

5 Likes