Meta Madhouse Throwdown on Themyscira Discussion and Debates

Exactly! Mary needs to reach Raven to use any god powers, save calling in some lightning, and I think it’s pretty well established that she doesn’t lead with that. Even with the speed of Mercury, Raven is fighting on a whole other plane of existence. I don’t think it’s officially established anywhere, but I’d imagine that Raven could even teleport in to the Rock of Eternity if Mary tries to bounce around that way.

7 Likes

One of my favorite bits in Teen Titans GO! To the Movies is when Raven opens up portals banishing every hero on Earth to eternal darkness, and Cyborg is like “I always forget you can do that.”

5 Likes

That movie is truly fabulous in so many ways.

6 Likes

Some of these were really hard to choose

4 Likes

PG-SG: PG wins.
Her strength plus experience has it. Plus I feel supergirl will get to in her head putting her at a disadvantage.

HG-BG: BG wins
HG is a skilled fighter but I just feel Babs intelligence will get her the win.

O-MM: O wins
I want MM so bad. Definitely the winner in favorites bracket. But with this even though her mind is an advantage I feel MM’s fear of what she can do will prevent her from going full mind and giving Orphan the win. But would mind MM winning​:sweat_smile:.

Art-Arrow: Art wins.
Amazon v archer Amazon wins.

BW-T: BW wins
She has to have something under her belt to get Thunder. Plus I feel she’ll be more ruthless for the win.

LL-TG: LL wins
Lightning is can hit multiple targets.

BB-BC: BB wins
Skilled fight but BB out on top. She lead one of the strongest forces in the universe. So she get the win.

Bee-Star: Star Wins
Bee has a lot of skill but I feel the cosmic abilities of Star give her the win.

4 Likes

Voting for Wonder Woman’s Warriors closes at 11PM pacific tonight.

Be sure to vote before 11PM tonight.

5 Likes

Oh, perfect. Rationale for keeping Orphan on top! I’ll take it! It’s the Orphan version of Batman’s “deep down he’s a good person, and deep down I’m not.” M’Gann is too nice to win!

4 Likes

Have to say, I’m a little disappointed in the results of the first round. Power Girl, with more experience, would have beaten Supergirl, Black Canary over Big Barda? Really?! Come on, Barda is much more powerful and skilled than BC. Batwoman beats Thunder? I just don’t see it. I think some people may have voted as a popularity contest, siding with their favorites, rather than really exploring the idea of how a knock down, drag out fight would go between characters.

6 Likes

Well, now I remember why it’s a Madhouse. Some of these results are infuriating.

6 Likes

I Could not agree with this statement more.

6 Likes

The MM:ToT results thread will be posted soon.

4 Likes

Personally I am disappointed about the SG vs PG result, the Hawkgirl vs Batgirl result and especially Black Canary over Big Barda.

While I had Batwoman over Thunder I was very surprised that the voting wasn’t closer.

“Brand name” recognition certainly has its advantages.

7 Likes

I was going to mention Hawkgirl v Batgirl too, at least that one was close, and you could make the argument that they’re evenly matched. However, I agree with @ODannyBoy’s assessment that Hawkgirl being reincarnated gives her more experience, also, practically, with flight, she could pick up BG and drop her, theres little Babs could do to escape that one.

6 Likes

Results have been posted.

6 Likes

Benjamin Le Clear, I love you.

6 Likes

Barda with the first save. What a twist.

7 Likes

I was actually surprised that Miss Martian won that matchup, even though I thought she had the edge, cuz she could attack in the one way Orphan is not prepared to fight. Fighting against herself in her own mind. Using her trauma as the attack, it worked. A bit ruthless…but survive and advance is what matters.

6 Likes

Like I said in my earlier post, you have to imagine these are knock down, drag out fights, no holds barred, and in a case like that, one has to be ruthless.

6 Likes

I liked @NYJt3 's logic of the idea that M’Gann is not that ruthless, and wouldn’t go all out, at least not right away, because she knows how devestating her attacks could be. But I guess enough people thought otherwise. C’est la vie…

As Bill Belichick would say, “We’re on to Hippolyta’s Heroines!”?

4 Likes

So, we’re using this same thread for all brackets/rounds, right?

• Donna v Cassie – I’m honestly unsure about this one. I went with Cassie, on per her half-god status, but given the “awakening” The Artist Formerly Known as Question (@ODannyBoy) pointed out in Death Metal, I’m not sure if Donna’s cosmic level powers (post-Graduation Day) might come in to play here. Maybe we’ll just go with secret option number three: Yara Flor?
  • Zatanna v JCruz – I mean, Zatanna all the way on this. Any versions (even DCSHG). Jessica is a much better GL than she used to be, but is still “just” a GL. Zatanna has restarted reality.
  • Raven v Mary Marvel – As has been touched on previously, yeah, Mary’s hellafast, but portals. She’ll find herself running light speed in to a sun in another dimension.
  • Elasti-Girl v Crazy Jane – This could really go either way, depending on Jane’s control at the moment. However, per @discordia57, these are “knock down, drag out fights, no holds barred” … Jane might start soft, but one hit and she’ll bring out one of the big gun personalities.
  • Starfire v Mera – This for me is the long haul battle of the bracket. They can both keep going and going with attacks that would flatten any other opponent. I’m putting my endgame down to certain assumptions; Kori can survive the vacuum of space with no problem, and is nearly involnerable. Physical water attacks won’t matter, but Mera can remove the water from her body. I’m assuming Kori can survive this easily, at least long enough to get both airborne. In the vacuum of space, Mera has nothing - this is the only way the fight ends.
  • Spoiler v Wildcat – another one that might vary based on “awakening to all versions”, but Wildcat is still the champion of the Red and an incredibly skilled fighter. Even the idealized Stephanie at her best can’t come out on top.
  • Dawnstar v Jesse Quick – I’m arguing against my own bracket here, but I think this one goes to Dawnstar. She may not be able to match Jesse’s speed on land, but as soon as she can grab her, they’re off to space, where Jesse has no chance.
  • Vixen v Fire – I’m not super confident in this one, but I’m still leaning towards Vixen. Fire can turn intangible, but needs to be tangible to strike or burn. Vixen should be able easily shield against either, and strike back with a vengeance. Fire is the more lethal fighter, but I think Vixen is the more skilled, agile, and experienced fighter, with a greater range of styles.

What say ye?

6 Likes