Meta Madhouse Throwdown on Themyscira Discussion and Debates

The sweet 16 match between Zee and Raven should be good. Of course I look at Raven as less magic than a power conduit she can tap into. So in that sense. I think Raven is more of a “tank” than a mage.

3 Likes

F v BF- F
I feel F is just more level headed. I think Balckfires temper will get the best of her in this battle of warriors.

E v C- C
I just think C’s magi is stronger than E. Plus E’s duality puts her at a disadvantage.

Lash v Max- Max
Max because well I don’t know much about the to besides they’re good fighters with different strengths. But I had Lash loosing to Ursa so Max will win for her.

SW v Rose- SW
Rose is skill but not for Sw.

SS v HQ-HQ
I feel her popularity will get her the win.

Ivy v Bansh- Ivy
Power wise I think Ivy has this.

Tal v Shiva
Shiva just a better fighter

LW v Frost-Frost
I feel Frost gets underestimated a lot so I think she’ll pull this surprise.

4 Likes

ok but isn’t silver banshee like a an actual ghost at one point and unless you know magic or have magic items there really isn’t a lot you can do against a ghost

4 Likes

There may have been an instance where she was a ghost. I’ve only ever read books where she is tangible. A meta human or cursed with her power.

3 Likes

i think in the 90s when supergirl was an angel she was supernatural and could possess people and was like a ghost thing

5 Likes

Full Second Round Results Completed and posted. Another OLYMPIAN OOVERRIDE happened. Check it out here.

3 Likes

I’m getting the feeling that the way we’ve done the Olympian Overrides has been better received than the Lazarus Pit Saves from last year. Throwing in the coin flip to add a random element and having the paragraphs from Mr Le Clear has really been positive.

I’m curious as to how other folks are feeling about the Olympian Overrides vs Lazarus Pit Saves.

So let’s hear what you all think, please.

Meta Madhouse has (I think) taken root at DCUI and feedback to make next year even better is greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

I have the Femme Fatales portion of the bracket correct so far. And I had Supergirl vs. Miss Martian. That’s better than I expected. :stuck_out_tongue: I had Jessica Cruz vs. Star Sapphire as my finals, so half of that is still a possibility.

4 Likes

ms martian beats supergirl because Martians like Kryptonians are way over powered allowing her time to get in Kara’s head
Barda beats batwomen- this isn’t so much a fight as it is batwoman being destroyed
Raven beats Zatanna- honestly this could go either way but I feel like Raven has the edge
Starfire- i want vixen to win but I can’t see how unless starfire lost her powers some how and I personally dislike “oh they lost their powers everything is so hard stories” or in Batman’s case money
Circe beats blackfire- Circe has lots of magic power and also her main thing in myths was turning someone into something/someone else- i think she could use that to bribe blackfire
Maxima-ok from my memory Maxima is more hands on than superwoman- in forever evil superwoman stays on top by manipulation and using people. maxima adhered to that cliche alien warrior princess has to marry someone stronger than her. in an all-out brawl Maxima wins
star sapphire- both plants and humans need oxygen to survive, all she has to do is get the fight to outer space, the cold alone should kill Ivy where star sapphire’s ring probably provides insulation
shiva beats killer frost- shiva has probably done some super dangerous frost endurance training in Himalaya mountains or something equally inhospitable , allowing her to get in arms length of killer frost. once shiva is in arms length the fight is over

5 Likes

100%, this better be a landslide because I am going to have words if somebody thinks Kate can wreck Barda.

5 Likes

Absolutely. Barda is an OG warrior!!

She’s dismissed more about battle tactics than Kate will ever know.

Her power range is virtually off the charts. She can go toe to toe with WW in a straight up brawl. With the help of years of train in battle tactics and the mega-rod, she can take down Kryptonians.

3 Likes

@DeSade-acolyte I need advice! Who’d you pick for Starfire vs Vixen???

4 Likes

Starfire, and it’s not even close. The nature of her powers, plus flight plus she’s a warrior princess.

So Supergirl over Miss M. Why? 2 words…heat vision.

Barda over Batwoman, not even bat plot armor can save her from this beat down.

I’ve got Zee over Raven, which is probably a bit of an upset. Zee is sneaky smart. Not to mention she can keep both Constantine and Etrigan check. So demons and a bad attitude don’t scare Zee. She knows how to deal with that, no problem.

Circe over Blackfire. Circe is the powerhouse on the villains side of the bracket.

Superwoman over Maxima in what should prove the biggest punch up of the tournament so far. I think it’s a question of who wants it more as the battle goes on. In this case, greed is good and SW wins the battle, which clearly demonstrates why this is a madhouse. :sunglasses:

Star Sapphire over Ivy, as explained above.

KF over Lady Shiva. If Shiva can get it to truly close quarters combat, she’d win. However, no way KF allows that to happen.

7 Likes

Orrrr Ivy just sprays her w/ any number of chemical concoctions, grounds her and then perhaps, I dunno, tears her limbs off. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Lots can happen and Ivy’s no joke. (I’m team Ivy, but this is all in fun @Izzy11, I promise! :smile:)

Just gonna leave this right here. Nature doesn’t die, it naps. :st_swamp_thing2: :poisonivy_hqas::green_heart: :earth_americas:

5 Likes

Seems that underestimating Dinah’s prowess as a fighter still seems to be en vogue, so I’m just gonna’ leave this right here…

6 Likes

oh its all good i like ivy better anyway :grinning:

5 Likes

MM v SG: MM
I know SG has heat vision but is her heat vision faster than MM can think. Especially MM’s very powerful Martian mind.

BW v BB: BB
She a female fury. She BW would put up a fight but in the end be there’s no chance.

Rav v Z: Z
Z because I think she’s beaten darker magic than Raven and has more control over her abilities.

SF v Vix: SF
Fire burns animals. And I feel she’s more combat trained.

BF v Circ: Circ
Magic beats tamarainians (probably butchered that spelling :sweat_smile:)

Max v SW: SW
Wider power range and more ruthless

SS v PI:
I had HQ winning this so I’d say Ivy loses here too. More with reasoning I think lantern ring is more powerful than plants. She could just cut her connection off and take her to space with a construct.

LS v Frost: LS
Her Kombat is unmatched even if Frost has powers.

4 Likes

I have almost the same as deSade. One difference - I picked Blackfire over Circe. I might be completely wrong about this one, but in the comics I’ve read Circe has been more of a strategist than a battle mage. She seems old school to me and benefits from the long game, manipulation and agents working for her. But my Circe reading is admittedly limited.

5 Likes

Circe prefers not to sully her hands. Circe is functionally immortal. Why fight directly when you have time on your side. (Very much like Vandsl Savage, in that aspect) So in that sense, in universe, she generally plays a long game. Make no mistake, she can be a fight mage.

6 Likes

I’d argue SG’s heat vision works as fast as SGs mind. So if “speed of thought” is the argument here, both can activate their attacks with the speed of thought. Even if MM can get inside her head to stop SG’s heat vision. There will already be fire close to her which will be effective in breaking her concentration.
Also MM can’t use psychic attacks “on the run”, so she’s a sitting duck.

4 Likes