Meta Madhouse - Shazam's Sorcerers - Round of 8

No sooner do they enter the ring than they are thrust out again- we return now to our arena, only to find the strongest of the original 16 standing. But who will remain for tomorrow’s Round of 4? There’s only one way to ensure your chosen champion will survive another day!

Find the latest match-ups for Shazam’s Sorcerers in our News section, or by following the link below:
https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/meta-madhouse-shazams-sorcerers/

Who do you mourn? Who do you cheer? Let us know in the comments below!

2 Likes

Dang, Etrigan or Spectre. One of my favorite heroes or one of the most powerful heroes? Awe heck, I’ll vote Etrigan.

1 Like

Damnnn this is the BEST bracket thus far in this meta showdown lol Except the Spectre and Etrigan…these matchups (for the most part) could go either way. ehh actually maybe not for Swamp thing…I think Fate takes it easily as well

Would love to hear everyone’s thoughts on Raven v Trigon and Zee v Constantine!!

I went Raven cuz IF ANYONE is taking down Trigon…it’ll be her lol I voted Zatanna not out of bias but because I truly think she could wipe the floor with John…assuming she no longer has feelings for him -_-

4 Likes

When it says Etrigan does that include Jason Blood? Because that would change my answer if he is not included.

2 Likes

Also does the Spectre have a human host in this battle? If so, which one? I would like to know because it would affect my answer.

2 Likes

IIIIIII gotta go with Constantine over Zatanna. She relies so heavily on her backwards spells, and John knows it, I think he can figure out a way to neutralize her.

I think Spectre’s overrated, but if there’s anyone he can get the better of, it’s a demon.

Fate over Swampy. I don’t know why I felt like Swamp Thing could beat Enchantress but not Fate. (Maybe I do. Latent sexism?)

And Raven is the foremost expert at defeating Trigon.

4 Likes

Hoppy & Detective Chimp out…Now I’m just pissed!!

Raven
Zatanna (Cuz she knows John will try to con her, and is prepared for that eventuality.)
Spectre
Dr. Fate

4 Likes

Zatanna is more powerful then constantine consitently
Dr fate should take the whole thing tho

2 Likes

With heavy hitters like trigon …fate…spectre…wherever they battle will be decimated.

2 Likes

Trigon is uniquely vulnerable to Raven, so while it makes no sense at all that she would beat Alan Scott (seriously, guys, come on), she actually stands a better chance of beating Trigon than Alan would have.

I picked Zatanna over Constantine. Maybe I just don’t know him well enough, but most of what I’ve read has indicated that Zatanna is decidedly the more powerful sorcerer, even if she does over-rely on a gimmick.

The Spectre will trap Etrigan in a world where everything is purple, orange, and silver.

Swamp Thing is pretty powerful, but Doctor Fate has a ton of both raw power and versatility. I still don’t see him beating the Spectre, but he’s certainly one of the heaviest hitters in the bracket and at least potentially a threat to Trigon if it comes down to that.

3 Likes

This could come down to Raven vs Dr Fate and if that happens I’ll be in the corner having a nervous breakdown :cry:

5 Likes

Spectre should take this hands down. But between Swamp Thing and Dr. Fate I go Swamp Thing, he’s the Green. Constantine over Zantana. She’s more powerful. Doesn’t matter. He’ll fight dirty. Trigon would be tough but Raven will win that one easy.

But in the end it should be Spectre. No one on that list beats God’s vengeance. Maybe Constantine with a trick.

1 Like

I honestly had to flip a coin to pick between Zatana and Constantine. Each of them are pretty evenly matched as far as I know.

1 Like

Of the brackets so far I feel like this is the most interesting for me personally

3 Likes