Meta Madhouse - Shazam's Sorcerers - Round of 4!

Counterpoint: if Spectre was using omnipotent power, there wouldn’t BE a bracket. This wouldn’t be called “Meta Madhouse,” it would be called “Spectre Won.”

And Constantine can just conjure a hole for Spectre to fall into, with magic glue at the bottom. Works every time!

Spectre isn’t actually omnipotent. He kinda got pigeonholed into that description at a time when DC, pressured by American backlash on pop culture as being anti-Judeo-Christian.
DC is a pantheistic universe. There is no monotheistic god in the DCU. Look no further than WW or The Forth World for proof of this, as such, it may appear that Spectre’s power is omnipotent to some humans, but his virtual divinity status, is at best less than 7 thousand years old. A drop in the bucket for WW pantheon of gods & dwarfed by 4th world gods like HighFather & Darkseid.

DC has never pitted Darkseid against Dr Fate, John, or Fate. Or against WW pantheon for obvious reasons.
What to much explaininnnto do.

It should be dr fate vs raven in finals cause raven is half demon and can just use a giant black bird construct, and dr fate has a tower filled with anything he needs for mystical purposes. The tower also has multiple dimensions in it and fate is a lord of order who has god like powers.

It looks like raven will take it all
people have no idea how fragile she is despite the power she has
Zatanna should have had this wrapped up

3 Likes

Even if Zatanna made it she is nowhere near fate or spectre level she would of got washed easily at least with Raven being half demon and pure soul self she has a better chance than Zatanna.

This contest is yet another reason shy democracy isn’t a great idea. How did some of these characters ever get advanced? Perhaps I am way behind on the times, but when did Raven get to be all powerful? Did she get boosted somehow? The entire Teen Titans had a hard time against Trigon, and she’s voted to defeat him one on one? I doubt she could even defeat Alan Scott. Trigon is pretty powerful, but I doubt he could defeat Hoppy. If Hoppy has all the powers of Captain Marvel, then Hoppy could drag Trigon out of his dimension and drop him in the Phantom Zone via the Rock of Eternity. Hoppy doesn’t really have any weaknesses, and he’s resistant to magic. Is Trigon going to be able to muster enough power to overcome the power of Zeus and the strength of Hercules and the speed of Mercury? No. And how would John Constantine defeat Black Adam? Only if Black Adam had no interest in the contest whatsoever. Again, Black Adam doesn’t really have any weaknesses either. Constantine isn’t going to outsmart him, as Black Adam has some counterpart to the wisdom of Solomon, but at the moment I don’t remember the God he derives that wisdom from. Dr. Fate and Spectre I think would be the ones coming from the other side of the matches. Etrigan is pretty tough, but he isn’t going to beat the Spectre. I really haven’t read enough Swamp Thing to really be clear on his powers. I’ve never seen him involved in the universe saving to the extent that r Fate has been involved, so I doubt he’s powerful enough to beat Dr. Fate. The Spectre is out of Dr Fate’s league. That’s been depicted in countless stories (though I could’ve missed some modern ones…). I think the let side contest would’ve had Hoppy versus Alan Scott, with Hoppy winning, then Black Adam versus Hoppy, with Black Adam winning. Then the final match would’ve been Spectre versus Black Adam with Spectre winning. Raven, John Constantine, Zatanna, and even Alan Scott are al human with typical mortal weaknesses and vulnerabilities. One solid hit and their ability to continue the fight would be drastically diminished. And when combatting against folks with the speed of Mercury or its equivalent, they’ll get hit. Green Lantern’s will power has never been sufficient to stop Superman level strength, and that’s where I’d put Hoppy’s and Black Adam’s strength levels. I like Blue Devil a lot, but I’m not sure what he could do against Zatanna, since she can strike from such a distance. Yeah, I’d’ve thought this contest would progress much differently than it has, but this must be a popularity contest or something, and not actual battles between these characters.

I too became a fascist when Hoppy the Marvel Bunny fell

1 Like