Meta Madhouse: Presenting the Semi-Finals!

It’s the fifth and final week of DC Universe’s first-ever Meta Madhouse! Each of four of the World’s Greatest Super Heroes – Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, and Shazam – is coaching a team that, over the last four weeks, has selected a champion to compete against those of the other teams. These champions were chosen in a series of one-on-one match-ups, the winner of which has been voted on by fans.

Last week’s battles indeed shook the multiverse, as Shazam’s Sorcerers fought it out (and celebrated the theatrical release of the Big Red Cheese’s new movie). Now, the scent of brimstone has left the air, the chanting of spells and incantations has quieted, the thunder and lightning has faded, and a champion of magic has been chosen…

To find out the full details, visit our News section, or follow the link below!
https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/dc-universes-meta-madhouse-presenting-semi-finals/

Cast your predictions below for who will make it to the final round and the final victor in this, DC Universe’s First Annual Meta Madhouse!

10 Likes

Darkseid beats the Flash, Dr Fate beats Nightwing. And then Darkseid beats Dr Fate to win it all!!! Darkseid reigns supreme!!

5 Likes

I saw Shazam opening night loved it

2 Likes

Darkseid over Barry, which is a tough call, cuz Barry is my favorite hero in the DCU. But, if it takes at least Superman, Batman, & Supergirl to fight Darkseid to a standstill. Barry is going down to Lord of Apokolips.

Dr. Fate over Nightwing. Sorry, Mr Grayson, but, you get turned into a rutabaga in the fastest match of the tournament. (Don’t blink DCU, or you’ll miss the entire fight.)

A Darkseid vs Dr Fate final. Of the many things Darksied excels at, is creating order, much better and more effectively than the Lords of Order. Sheer power and ruthlessness finally create order for this competition. Darkseid “cuts down the net” and the Furies don’t even have to cook, because the after party is catered.

4 Likes

I will never forgive all those that picked Raven over Constantine. Looks like I’m switching team from Shazam to Superman… Darkseid rules over all!!

3 Likes

While I realize Batman is in a league of his own when it comes to mental prowess, Nightwing is without a doubt his most successful protégé. That being said, I do not disagree Dr. Fate has the upper hand, but I’d also say Nightwing loss isn’t as clear cut as it may seem. After all, Batman has single handily brought Darkseid to a stalemate using only his wit and extreme understanding of sacrifice. If Nightwing can tap into the darkest part of those teachings, he may have more of a chance than you’d expect.
As for Darkseid vs The Flash… Sorry Barry

6 Likes

Hmm 4 dudes picked to lead the teams led by 3 dudes and the constant token. Good to see there are no surprises. Looks like the makings of a Justice League.

I’m going to have to go with Flash, no one there is fast enough to get a synapse moving before it’s over.

4 Likes

Dick Grayson all the way!

2 Likes

I think Darkseid and Doctor Fate will make it to the finals and then Darkseid will beat Doctor Fate.

2 Likes

Come on people, villains can’t win!

3 Likes

Darkseid beats Flash; if anything, he just can’t do enough damage to keep Darkseid down for long enough (literally nobody left can). Plus if Flash were able to beat Darkseid single-handedly, he’d have done it in the many times the Justice League fought Apokolypes.

Doctor Fate beats Nightwing; doesn’t matter how smart he is, Dick just can’t compete with a magic user on Fate’s level. Besides, it’s not like Dr. Fate hasn’t dealt with geniuses before. Just look up Wotan.

In the end though, I have to give it to Darkseid. He’s far too powerful to be stopped by any single person in this, especially without Highfather or Spectre. Batman’s team has been at an extreme disadvantage since the get-go. I hope if they do this again, it’s not by splitting heroes into teams based on their similarities, and more like actual team building; each team should have a god, a magician, an alien, and a strategist, with maybe a couple lesser known names added to fill ranks. I think it’d also be cool to tie the event in with the comics available by having the option to vote again after reading from a select line-up that highlights the combatants.

6 Likes

Take it all Doctor Fate!

1 Like

I’ll take issue with WW being the “constant token”, she is part of the DC “trinity” and has been for since the 40s.
In case folks have forgotten, female characters represented well. Three making it to the finals of their respective brackets. (Crazy Jane, Supergirl & Raven)

By your own argument of “no one there is fast enough to get a synapse moving before it’s over”, certainly you can’t fault The Flash over Crazy Jane, since her powers require at least one synapse to move to make an appropriate personality selection for battle. We’ve seen the Girl of Steel in need of at least assistance from her cousin or the bat to get to a standstill with Darkseid. (And the Super “gender roles” we’ve seen flipped as well, in such a contest, and Superman needs assistance as well versus Darkseid) If you have an argument for Supergirl over Darkseid, I’d love to hear it. The same for Raven over Dr Fate.

If this is really an issue of “no surprises” and “tokens”, it was the Vigilantes. No female character made it out of the second round.

So let’s look at the top 8 shall we. Lets take the “villains”, Darkseid and Deathstroke vs the “heroes”, a Justice League made up of Crazy Jane, The Flash, Supergirl, Nightwing, Raven & Dr. Fate. Is that really “tokens” and “no surprises”. IMO, no, it’s not.

2 Likes

But which Fate is it? Fate is stronger in the body of someone who already knows magic.

2 Likes

A tournament is all about how the brackets fall.

I’d argue Darkseid’s most difficult opponent would be Nightwing. Thanks to coaching and strategy from Batman, along with a borrowed exoskeleton/mech/powersuit. The problem is Nightwing matches up poorly against Dr. Fate. Also, if we willing suspend disbelief that the “Big four” are actually coaching their respective brackets, Superman has some tactical and stratagems for anybody in “The Bat Family”.

4 Likes

FLASH! AH-ahhh! Sav-ior of the universe!

2 Likes

I mean, it’s right there in the song

1 Like

I believe it will come down to Darkseid vs Dr. Fate.

If im pulling for my team, I go Dr. Fate.

If im being real about it. I go Darkseid.

3 Likes

@biff_pow if you’re quote and vote based off Queen lyrics.

“I consider it a challenge before the whole human race, and I ain’t gonna lose. And it just goes on and on and on”

There is only one individual that fits, and it’s Darkseid.

Darkseid for the win, cuz Freddie sang it that way!

3 Likes

Trash Spectre should of won this whole thing he stronger than fate and has beaten fate in comics and Highfather should of won over Flash this is just a popularity contest.

1 Like