Meta Madhouse Dynamic Duos Discussion

I would absolutely read a book of a battle between Jessica Cruz/Simon Baz and Constantine/Etrigan. What a fight that would be and that was the toughest one to pick a winner for me.

(@NYJt3 - feel free to remove the comment I made on the poll itself and mea culpa for being too eager to vote and not reading all the instructions)

7 Likes

No problem it’s fine there. Give me an easy acces point to the bottom with scrolling through the poll and a nice double reminder for anyone else who may have done the same :sweat_smile::+1:

5 Likes

Yes! The voting has begun! :grin:

Looking forward to the results since there were quite a few that were tough decisions for me as well. :open_mouth:

Also… The idea of Gordon and Bullock teaming up together versus Bronze Tiger and Richard Dragon… Oh how funny it was thinking about Gordon trying to get Bullock in line to help and try to win… :rofl:

6 Likes

I feel Gordon has a shot but Harvey feel sorry for him in that fight​:joy:

6 Likes

Right. I think that the cops are out matched, maybe if it were Gordon and Renee Montoya, they’d have a fighting chance, but with Bullock covering your back? Run for the hills! :laughing:

5 Likes

That is a truly awesome match up, @FelixLeiter, which would make for a great comic ish, but to me, I think magic wins every time, kinda like I typically have to go with experience in certain situations. My hardest pick was between Robin/Superboy Vs. Robin/Superboy. In the end, I chose Robin/Superboy. :laughing: Seriously though, I had to go with Tim and Conner, while Damien is well trained, I don’t know if young Jon is quite expert enough at his fighting and powers. I think that the experience gained with age, give these two the upper hand.

5 Likes

All right, I get TWO tournaments to talk about this year! And now we’ve got doubles matches!

OK, here are my picks:

1. DAMIAN/JON > TIM/CONNER. Damian’s beaten Tim before, and Jon’s abilities have been growing by leaps and bounds. Tim and Conner may be close, but they’re usually part of a bigger team when they’re together. They don’t have the duo dynamics of their younger counterparts in their many adventures side-by-side.

2. GUY/ARKILLO > CAPTAIN COLD/HEATWAVE. Arkillo and Guy both have rings that are capable of surviving any planetary atmosphere. A little hot and cold action isn’t gonna hurt them.

3. CLAYFACE/ORPHAN > ATOM/CITIZEN STEEL. The best duo in modern comics has arrived!! Citizen Steel can’t keep his guard up forever, and the moment he drops it, Cass moves in for the strike. Clayface can take care of The Atom by completely enveloping him in his amorphous mass.

4. CYBORG/BEAST BOY > RED HOOD/ARSENAL. I think either Red Hood or Arsenal could take Beast Boy down pretty easily, but Cyborg isn’t to be underestimated. His sonic cannon is enough to take both Outlaws out.

5. ELASTIWOMAN/NEGATIVE MAN > ADAM STRANGE/SEYG-EL. The Doom Patrol has much more superfight experience than the Krypton boys do, particularly Superman’s grandpa who’s completely in the dark about his powers under a yellow sun.

6. JESSICA CRUZ/SIMON BAZ < JOHN CONSTANTINE/ETRIGAN. Constantine’s already had the opportunity to get inside these Green Lanterns’ heads in their own headlining series, and once you give John that power, there’s no beating him. Especially with a powerhouse like Etrigan by his side, he’ll manipulate his way to the top.

7. MERCY/HOPE < ORION/LIGHTRAY. These Amazon bodyguards are tough, but they’re not NEW GOD tough.

8. GORDON/BULLOCK < BRONZE TIGER/RICHARD DRAGON. Sorry, Gotham’s Finest. You don’t stand a chance against two of the best martial artists in the DCU.

5 Likes

I can see your argument for the Robins V Superboys fight, like I said, it was my toughest choice. I have to remember, from the other Meta Madhouse thread, this isn’t necessarily the young Jon, it could be older Jon, I guess the picture of the two as kids influenced me.

Clayface/Orphan V Atom/Citizen Steel: I’m not so sure, Steel does have super strength, maybe she is the better fighter, but a wholop from someone who can lift over 1000 lbs, thats gonna hurt. All it takes is one massive blow to connect, and it’s lights out.

As for Atom v Clayface, he can shrink beyond the atoms of Clayface then grow again, possibly, even shrink Clayface down with him, and then come back to regular size without him.

3 Likes

Steel isn’t nearly the fighter that Cass is. Sure, he could take her out in a blow, but I don’t think he could land it.

3 Likes

Like I said, it only takes one, ok he is slow, but hey, he could have gotten a good nights sleep and ate his Wheaties in the morning. :wink:
Everybody has good days and bad.

2 Likes

BTW. I agree with you on the out come of this fight, but come on, you’re not being fair to Beast Boy. Innumerable “Beast” he can become, he’d wipe the floor with them. Grizzly Bear? Gorilla? Many a savage beast…

2 Likes

No love for the Big Bull.

I’d give the advantage to Gordon/Bullock over BT & RD.

Why? Cuz Bullock will pull out his gun a put a cap in both of them before the bell rings. Then snarl, “What’d think scum? This ain’t no fair fight.” Bullock has never been good at following rules. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Come on, these are the best martial artists in DC, and not stupid. You don’t think they know that all Gordon and Bullock have is their weapons? They’d plan to land the first punches and win.

3 Likes

All this discussion now it feel like Meta Madhouse

3 Likes

:joy::joy: Bullock always unpredictable

2 Likes

Gordon has a light that he can use as his “help button”. I picked Gordon/Bullock.

2 Likes

If he can get to it.

3 Likes

I have to think in these match ups… these two are on their own.

2 Likes

I’m certain they are - just having some fun. I still picked Gordon and Bullock because despite being outmanned in every fight they’ve ever been in they always find a way to win. I know the same can be said about nearly every character in the DC Universe but I still like their chances to pull off the upset here.

3 Likes

There is something to be said about “Grit.”

2 Likes