Membership

Is the 75$ membership worth getting I’m still debating

4 Likes

It’s totally worth it I got my membership around Christmas time and I’ve never regretted it, best 74 bucks I’ve ever spent I’m on here every day. Great shows, fantastic community and more comics than I know what to do with. (Eyes start to glow and crackle with electricity, voice becomes slightly robotic) JOIN US! JOIN US! JOIN US!

6 Likes

Thousands of hours of television, movies, comic books, original content, Book Club, DC Daily, giveaways/contests, exclusive merchandise and arguably one of the absolute BEST communities in all of the internet?

Yeah, $75 ($6.25 a month) is absolutely worth it. Heck $75 for all of the above is an absolute steal of a deal. Spend the chips and be merry and joyful with us =)

6 Likes

Plus you get to make a lot of new friends… how can you put a value on that?

2 Likes

I am very happy I did the year subscription. Like they said it equates to $6.25 per month. It is only saving $1.75 a month so if that doesn’t matter to you then month to month may be the way to go.

1 Like

This service is awesome welllllllllll worth the money. If you like to read comics it’s worth the price of admission alone.

1 Like

Should be based on two things financially and how much do you like comic books base your decision on that

I’m starting to wish I had done that instead if the month to month.

1 Like

I went with the month to month, at $7.99. It is a price I can handle, but going the annual plan would save you some cash. At some point, I might switch to the annual plan, but probably not. I live on a tight budget, and have many hobbies to feed. I can lop off $7.99 without issue, but the annual price would limit what else I could buy that month, and I have my eye on some new PC parts, or fresh soil for my house plants, and some new pots, or so on.

To me, the price is worth it, although I would not mind if it was changed to $5.99 a month instead. :wink:

I like the original programming here at DC Universe, although there is not much of that here yet, over time, the prospects look good for more than is already scheduled to arrive this year. They seem to be asking the right questions of the members, and I agree with what many other members say about the content they would like to see. You also get access to other DC movies and shows. Although a limited number of shows and movies, I am hoping that list expands some over time. And then there are the comic books. Many of the issues available here, or the titles I like, I already have in my own collection, up to early 2008. After that, it is new to me, and they recently added a lot of newer stuff that I am interested in reading.

So it really depends on if the coast is worth it to you. Not what if it is worth it to us. We that have paid, and are still here, and most of us plan to stick around, so obviously we think the price of membership is acceptable for what we get.

MACJR

1 Like

Marvel Unlimited is $69 for just comics. DC Universe is both comics and streaming shows. Ultimately the decision is up to you, but I think DCU is a good deal for what it offers compared to similar services.

5 Likes

I felt guilty about paying for the year service but after the past few weeks I couldn’t be happier with the service. I get all the Green Lanterns I can stand and a great selection of movies and TV shows I can’t get anywhere else. Keep in mind I am not a D.C. fan and I found this well worth the money.

1 Like

I strongly suggest that you try the monthly program for a couple of months, first. The, if you like it enough, get the yearly sub.

The annual sub is non-refundable, so if you put that up and then find it isn’t worth it for you, you are stuck.

2 Likes

I paid for a yr. was knocked off for 2 months ,after they added bug, stability changes etc, just got it working today. I’d still suggest paying for the yr if that’s any indication of how great this site is?

1 Like

Join Us! Join Us! Join Us!..for absolutely no reason at all, Join Us!..Moohahahaha!

2 Likes

Personally, I’ve been really enjoying the exclusive shows so far, and I didn’t have to rent or buy them. I’ve watched a bunch of movies and older shows that I wanted to see and didn’t have to pay to rent them. I’ve been exploring older comics that interest me and didn’t have to buy them. I love the community. So this app has more than paid for itself already in my mind. I pre-ordered when DCU came out, so I got a year plus 3 months. Couldn’t be happier.

1 Like