MEGA POLL: Who is Batman’s most ACCOMPLISHED protégé? (Robin Edition)

Too true! I’ll have to edit this poll and put her up in the honorable mentions! Great call as she definitely deserves a spot. Don’t worry though I’ll make it to the girls! I just really wanted to focus this post on the four boy Robins.

6 Likes

Thank you! Much appreciated @DC89
:batman_hv_5:

4 Likes

My order for accomplished

Dick- leader/mentor to many of the robins. One of the first sidekicks to break away. And even taught Bats a few.

Tim- chose the Robin life lead and fought many trials. Actual was on a path out of the life to come back. And was accepting of it.

Jason- (my favorite) pre red hood he was known for dying. Not really and accomplishment. Coming back to life kind of but with that life it’s been a struggle. He did breakout in his own form and lead a team and make his own identity but still struggle in an odd way whether he admits it or not is stil trying to get Bats think his ways are right which won’t lead him to accomplish much if he’s stuck there.

Last Damian
Still young has lead. Was doing great with breaking form his villainous pasts overcoming his ego and making friends. Then became a leader and pushed everyone away and got lost in his ego. Of course the life events of loosing friend and family and I that especially at a young age and you father (who isn’t the best when it comes to dealing with that either struggles to help you through it). So was in a path to some nice accomplishments but took a left turn so last. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I love the break down! And when you break it down like that, it’s hard not to agree. Those are all valid points, especially in regards to Jason and Damian. Jason’s unfortunately been fighting an uphill battle his whole life but like you said there are accomplishments with in that turmoil even if they’re emotion accomplishments. I appreciate you not just picking favorites. I like these kind of discussions.

5 Likes

It was a fun one to look at. :+1:

4 Likes

I voted for Dick.
Tim would be second, being the first Robin to have his own series as Robin. He also had his own team with the original Young Justice.

But Dick was the first, was featured in the tv show and cartoons, led both the Teen Titans and the New Teen Titans, and successfully adopted his own identity outside the shadow of Batman.

My third would be Helena. She’s done pretty good for herself, but mostly due to necessity, with DC erasing her being the daughter of Batman and Catwoman.
To survive beyond that tie being severed as her own character instead of being shoved under the rug really was a feat.

5 Likes

Good call! Helena’s going up in the honorable mentions, and I totally agree with what you had to say about her. Don’t worry, we’ll get to the girls! I didn’t know Tim was the first Robin to get his own series though, that’s an awesome fun fact. One I’ll keep in my repertoire for trivia night!

5 Likes