May's DC Community Fanworks Theme: Celebrating AAPI Heritage Month!

4 Likes

The colors on this are great and you’ve conveyed a terrific sense of movement. Awesome work!

4 Likes

Very solid rendition of Grant and Joeseph’s kid sister here @sarahmariesapphire. :smiley: :+1:
:00_teen_titans: :rose:

6 Likes

3 Likes

I thought I’d also add my own art from the new Spirit World book! Very much enjoyed that one.

10 Likes

Hahaha. I’m only laughing because I never thought I’d use a Harley Quinn reference for Cheshire’s pose. Then again, I’m a fairly lazy artist, so it’s not too surprising.

5 Likes

I went to what is my new local LCS here in Santa Monica, nice enough albeit small shop. Loads of older floppies seem to be there stock in trade, the predictable Funkos and magic and Pokemon stuff and surprisingly very little weeb items. Supposedly, they are not only the oldest LCS in the Los Angeles County area (and we had a healthy number in town) but one of the oldest if not the oldest still operating in the country.

They had a nice display for AAPI month, but barely featured a DC character and not even any of the newer ones, like I wish they had featured Kong Kenan, or one of the more classic OG characters like Dr. Light or the fourth character to be the Atom, Ryan. They did at least have a full set of New Super-Man in their collection of trades, although it looked like most of their collections (DC speaking) were either new HC and newly released TPBs or the Rebirth and Infinite Frontier stuff.

I was also disappointed that they didn’t feature Monkey Prince although they had a nice display on American Born Chinese and I noticed when I was looking at unboxing statute videos last night that they commercials are all over YT.

They did already have some Pride stuff out but the local festival is already in Long Beach this month and the ones in West Hollywood and Hollywood proper will be at the start of June this year, not at the end of the month as in other places.

2 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:. The HQ pose worked out great.

2 Likes