May's Community Member of the Month: TheWifeOfJasonTodd!

The start of a new month means the start of a new Community Member of the Month! Let’s get to know the wonderful @TheWifeOfJasonTodd!

What originally got you into DC Comics?

During my last week in 7th grade my history teacher told us that he was going to bring Batman '89 to put on after we finished our finals. Originally I was preparing to suffer, because at that time I wasn’t into superheroes at all and my attention span wouldn’t allow me to get immersed and interested when other superhero movies were on in the past. But to my surprise I actually fell in love with Batman during the opening scene. Because it was the last few days of school I didn’t get to finish it at school, so when I came home and told my family that I have this new sudden Batman obsession, my mom took me to Hastings and bought all of the Batman movies that were out at that time on DVD, and I spent the entire summer watching Batman movies. I got into DC at the perfect time, because that was around the time when the DCEU movies were coming out.

Who is your favorite DC character, and why?

I know the obvious answer here is Jason Todd, but I have so many. With Jason it’s a situation where opposites attract, but I do relate to him a lot. I struggle with anger issues, like he does. I have a complicated history with my father, like he does. He puts up walls at first but when he gets close to people he’s overprotective, and I’m the same way. Plus… he’s a “bad boy” who wears leather jackets and rides motorcycles, so he’s just cool looking. But I do have to give Harley Quinn credit because she’s my spirit animal, and taught me that it was okay to stand up for myself.

What books are you currently reading?

Well, I’m in the process of a very big move, I’m moving up north to the East Coast (finally) so all of my comics (except for Harley Quinn) are all boxed up and ready to go. However, I do currently have Harley’s Little Black Book hiding in my drawer in case I get a moment to myself.

Are you watching any DC movies or shows?

I was watching Gotham with my mom for a while but we’ve had to take a pause now that we are in the packing and boxing up stage. Lately though I just finished rewatching Suicide Squad (2016) and Batman Begins again.

What are you most looking forward to within the DC universe?

The Penguin show, as well as The Batman sequel. I’m also excited to see what the new seasons of Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will be like.

What books would you recommend to the general DC Community?

For the classics:

• Batman: Under the Red Hood
  • Red Hood: The Lost Days
  • Gotham City Sirens

More modern era:

• Red Hood and the Outlaws (New 52)
  • Red Hood and the Outlaws (Rebirth)
  • Batgirl of Burnside (New 52)
  • Harley Quinn solo run (New 52)
  • Harley Quinn solo run (Rebirth)
  • Batman Arkham Knight tie-in comics
  • Batman Arkham Knight: Genesis

Congratulations to our new Community Member of the Month: @TheWifeOfJasonTodd! :clap:

34 Likes

Congratulations, @TheWifeofJasonTodd! You deserve this so much. You bring so much fun to the Community and I always look forward to your posts.

18 Likes

Congrats @TheWifeOfJasonTodd!!! Well deserved!!

18 Likes

Congratulation @TheWifeOfJasonTodd, I’m really happy for you and awesome books recommendations! :grinning:

16 Likes

Congratulations @TheWifeOfJasonTodd !

17 Likes

Congratulations @TheWifeOfJasonTodd

17 Likes

Oh my god yay! Congrats @TheWifeOfJasonTodd!! :ttns_gif_jason2: :purple_heart:

16 Likes

Congratulations @TheWifeOfJasonTodd !!!

15 Likes

Congrats @TheWifeOfJasonTodd!

16 Likes

Congrats @TheWifeOfJasonTodd!

15 Likes

Congratulations @TheWifeOfJasonTodd ! :+1:

15 Likes

Congrats! One of my first comic binges was reading through everything Jason Todd. The Lost Days were great…real shocking stuff there. I wish we had more time with Red Hood as a villain.

Both versions of RH&TO (RHATO?) are great but I’m definitely team Bizarro/Atremis. That was a great run. #darktrinity

14 Likes

Yay! Congratulations @TheWifeOfJasonTodd ! Here’s to the community barbie! You are always a joy to interact with on the threads!

14 Likes

Congrats!!! This is a very well-deserved honor, hope you and your hubby get to celebrate :grin:

giphy

13 Likes

Congratulations Mrs. Todd! Hope you’re enjoying Red Hood: The Hill.

14 Likes

they should

14 Likes

@TheWifeOfJasonTodd congratulationsssss

14 Likes

@TheWifeOfJasonTodd congratulations!

14 Likes

:tada: :hugs: :purple_heart:
xcmthotwojtx

So wonderfully deserved! @TheWifeOfJasonTodd, I’ve loved all the moments, stories, :plate_with_cutlery:, and friendship that you’re shared with me over the years; from the original DCU days, to right up until now.

Looking forward to many more adventures.

Three the Hard Way!
x2675shf

:hugs: :purple_heart: :tada:

@DC89

11 Likes

Congrats @TheWifeOfJasonTodd :purple_heart:

15 Likes