Matt Fraction on Jimmy Olsen. Any thoughts?

Today, The LA Times came out with the first details on the two new Superman titles spinning out of the EVENT LEVIATHAN story.

One of the titles is Superman’s Pal, Jimmy Olsen by Matt Fraction and Steve Lieber. Bendis described the book as being evocative of the tone and style of Fraction’s Hawkeye run from the distinguished competition :wink:

I’m impressed by what was previewed and I can’t wait to read it. What do you guys think?

1 Like

I loved his Hawkeye and Iron Man runs. Jimmy Olson should be interesting. I look forward to it.

2 Likes

Both the new Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen mini series look cool, can’t wait

3 Likes

Man, what a great time for the Superman family. This may be Batman’s 80th, but the Super-line hasn’t looked better in a LONG time.

2 Likes

@HubCityQuestion

Oh yeah. Not to say that the Superman line hasn’t produced hits in the past (New Super-Man is still greatly missed), but the fact that we now have top writers AND artists across almost all these books has to be exciting if you are a fan of the character.

Say what will about Bendis, but you can’t deny that his presence has elevated the Superman line demonstrably.

2 Likes

Fraction is one of those mixed bag writers who I’ve disliked his work as much as I’ve liked, but I’m definitely gonna give it a shot. I’m definitely more excited for the Lois Lane book by Greg Rucka.

2 Likes

Uhhh, it sounds awesome! I know this is a DC forum, but I love his Hawkeye.

A Lois Lane book by Greg Rucka feels like something dreamed into existence. I can’t wait.

1 Like

I’m game for both. I’ve never read a bad comic by Rucka and I loved many of Fraction’s Marvel books.

1 Like