Match #7: Timothy Hunter vs Luz Noceda! (DC vs. Dana Terrence.)

(Yes I put Dana Terrence in the title instead of Disney. What of it?)

Now, we have to young heroes, one fighting to realize his fate as the Greatest Magic-User Ever and the other wanting to learn magic as a way to improve her life to the point where she uncovered, learned, and revolutionized a form of magic.

Timothy Hunter

Tim’s story isn’t exactly a simple one, but don’t let that scare you. It touches upon some extremely intense corners of the magic side of the DCU.

Tim’s life got stranger when he was visited in his dreams by the whole Trenchcoat Brigade (John Constantine, the Phantom Stranger, Doctor Occult and Mister E) appearing to Tim in a dream.

Did you know that the original BOOKS OF MAGIC #1 back in 1990 was the first “official” appearance of the Trenchcoat Brigade as a team?

The more you know!

Here’s where things get a little crazy. Tim’s whole story revolves around the Brigade actually taking him on a journey through time and space where he, essentially, gets to watch how events in the past and future will play out before he makes any decisions about his own life. This is important because, it turns out that Tim is actually a conduit for some insanely powerful magic—so powerful, in fact, that him falling under the wrong influence has the potential to be apocalyptic.

So, you know, no pressure, right?

It turns out the hard part of Tim’s life, after his mystical revelation, isn’t deciding whether or not he wants to pursue magic, it’s getting that magic to actually work.

When he chose magic, he doesn’t even take any time to weigh his choices, making his decision immediately.

Of course, that may have been a mistake, but, hey, we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it. And we’re probably going to be coming to it pretty rapidly here, based on the creepy trash-can oracles (?) and the hooded assassin (??) now standing outside of Tim’s house. But still, the important part is that things are moving, magic is being learned, books are being read and danger is very much afoot.

Here’s hoping Tim actually is as ready as he seems to think he is.

Luz Noceda

Luz Noceda was a troubled kid, to say the least.

Another way of saying it is, “SHE BROUGHT LIVE SNAKES TO SCHOOL FOR A BOOK REPORT!!!”

Anyway, due to THAT and several other issues, her mother chose to send her to a reality-check summer camp. Instead, let’s get this straight: She saw a strange Owl stealing her book and she followed it through a glowy door that is really a portal to the Boiling Isles in the Demon Realm while a shape-shifting Basilisk took her place.

There she met Eda Clawthorne: the Owl Lady, and a cheeky little demon named King. After helping them break into prison to steal something, Luz decided to stay at Eda’s place - The Owl House - over the summer so she could learn magic.

Since then, she’s made friends for the first time, started to attend Hexside School of Magic and Demonics, found a family in a strange new world, and even found love in the form of Amity Blight.

Of course, going to a nightmarish demon world doesn’t end without several mental scars, mostly from the main antagonist from the show: Belos.

However, she’s still fighting and trying to help her friends and family while trying to prove she can be a great witch.

Intelligence!

• Timothy Hunter!
  • Luz Noceda!

0 voters

Shown use of magic!

• Timothy Hunter!
  • Luz Noceda!

0 voters

Possible level of magic skill!

• Timothy Hunter!
  • Luz Noceda!

0 voters

Physical strength!

• Timothy Hunter!
  • Luz Noceda!

0 voters

Mental scarring!

• Timothy Hunter!
  • Luz Noceda!

0 voters

More impressive feats of magic!

• Timothy Hunter!
  • Luz Noceda!

0 voters

Most likely to run across Deadpool in a magical bar.

• Timothy Hunter!
  • Luz Noceda!

0 voters

2 Likes

Ah, @Jurisdiction! Out of curiosity, have you watched Owl House?

2 Likes

A bit of it

2 Likes

Well, I suggest watching the full show. It’s great and gay! A great combination if I do say so myself, and I do.

2 Likes

i love the owl houseeeeeee e so muchhhhhhh

3 Likes

Great! It IS a great show.

3 Likes

im so sad its ending tho

3 Likes

So am I. DAMN YOU DISNEY!

3 Likes

yepppers :thumbs_up_batman:

2 Likes

I love this show. My favorite character is Hooty. He is adorable and annoying at the same time :laughing:

3 Likes

That he is.

2 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

Caption for that picture: "I’ll outlive you all, HOOOOOT!!

2 Likes