Match #6: John Constantine vs The Doctor! (DC vs. Doctor Who)

Look, I have very strong opinions on Doctor Who, you all know at least a few of them, but as of today, one of them is he could certainly beat Constantine with all however-many-hands-he-has tied behind his back.

2 Likes

I left the one about being mentally broken blank because it was hard for me to define what “broken” meant. Other than that I said Constantine had more physical strength (becuase to quote martha if you hug the doctor you get a papercut) but other thatn that I picked Doctor Who all the way.

2 Likes

Basically, traumatized…

Oh, that WOULD be hard to anwser.

2 Likes

Happy DCUniversarry @CKComics!!

1 Like

Thanks. :grin:

1 Like

Chibnall mentally broke the Doctor. The fall of Gallifrey couldn’t do it, 5,000 years of organized religion couldn’t do it, the Doctor is finally broken (for now), and that’s why, if we take Chibnall’s damage to the timeline into account, even though it is not canon, then Constantine wins, but I’ve been assuming we’re not, because the individual in Chibnall’s episodes is not the Doctor.

2 Likes

I understand why you may think that way, but unless Russel T. Davies retcons it, then all the Timeless Child stuff and the rest of what Chibnall came up with (some of which was okay, like the Pting and “Rosa.”) is canon and to be considered.

2 Likes

It is not canon. There are too many plotholes and the Doctor must be kept autistic.

2 Likes

Okay, I’m going to ask you to elaborate, because there are many forms of Autism and I have Autism myself, so be careful.

Side note: You can’t hold this all against Jodie Whittaker. She did her best with what she had and still was a damn good Doctor.

1 Like

I mean the first fourteen incarnations (I count John Hurt and the two consecutive David Tennants, so Peter Capaldi is the fourteenth) are autistic and the smiley-face Chibnall has been parading around is the most neurotypical there has ever been and is therefore not the Doctor and none of this is canon.

3 Likes

I’ll say this since I am neurodivergent and I’ll try to say it nicely: If Jodie’s Doctor is neurotypical, then I’m a Dalek.

I can say that because when I say Jodie’s first episode, “The Woman Who Fell To Earth” I immediately thought, “Does every version of the Doctor have Autism or ADHD? Well, good.”

1 Like

And then there’s mean not knowing what half of these words mean…

I’ll just show myself out…

2 Likes

You’re right, as my mom keeps telling me, not being autistic doesn’t make her neurotypical, it just makes her not autisitc and therefore not the Doctor.

2 Likes

Here:

Neurodivergent: Person with things like Autism, ADHD, ODD, dysgraphia, dyslexia, or in my case all 5.

Neurotypical: people with none of the above.

Dalek: scary alien that looks like a pepper shaker.

1 Like

Oh so me!

Oh so not me!

Oh so my sister!

1 Like

And her actions mean nothing? Yes, she suffered from bad writing at times, but she doesn’t need to be autistic/
Would I say the First Doctor is autistic? NO! He’s just a bit eccentric, like all old British men.
Would I say the Sixth Doctor is? Also no, though that outfit says otherwise.
The Doctor doesn’t have to be autistic to be the Doctor. They just have to save people with a funny box and a smile hiding centuries of issues.

1 Like

LOL! My sister is the same!

1 Like

Oh we’re both gonna get an earful lol

1 Like

Oh, Amen to that.

(Is it weird for someone who doesn’t believe in the Big Man to say Amen?)

1 Like

Nope. I do the same lol!

1 Like