MASTER TOPIC: New Community(3.0) Questions, Feedback & Suggestions

The last few days it’s taken forever for some covers to load in my app. I don’t know if that’s related to the above issue. I ran through the troubleshooting steps, but that was still a problem. A similar thing was happening with the competition’s app as well.

5 Likes

Can people still do the communities about the TV shows on HBO Max

4 Likes

I mean the DC shows

5 Likes

What are you hoping for for season four titans

5 Likes

The DC shows? Certainly! There are threads for each season of Doom Patrol already.

4 Likes

Hey @colby_arceneaux.79638! :wave: Yes, you are absolutely allowed to start your own threads and join already-created threads to discuss the various DC TV shows in #general-discussion:movies-tv. If you would like to discuss a non-DC TV show, please do so in #iceberg-lounge.

Happy chatting! :smile:

6 Likes

Something that just occurred to me, sometimes it is difficult to identify gender when chatting with folks, and occasionally one may misidentify someone and hurt their feelings. I was just wondering if we could add a color bar under the profiles or something else for folks to put their preferred pronoun so to speak. Not a big issue, as I can always use gender neutral pronouns until I find out, but thought it might help.

8 Likes

I’d support something like this. Granted we can always put our pronouns in our bios, but adding a specific feature to make that more highlighted when you click on a profile and see the preview could be a notable improvement

8 Likes

Hey @RexRebel and @arkhamassassin! Thank you both for suggesting this feature - this is definitely on our team’s radar and we understand its importance for the community. That being said, I encourage you both to stay tuned for some very exciting changes and enhancements that we’ll be making to the forums soon - I think you will approve. :smile:

10 Likes

Thank you

6 Likes

No questions, feedback, or suggestions- just wanted to stop in and thank y’all for my spiffy new badge!

NewBadge

Yay! :smiley:

I also wanted to say thank you for the hard work everyone put in to giving us a ‘Save For Later’ option on post editing:

SDFL

This one is super convenient and helpful. Very awesome. :+1: Sorry I haven’t checked in for a little while, but I’ll def stop by more often. M’Kay Byyyeeee! :smile:

10 Likes

Very snazzy! :partying_face:

7 Likes

:smiley:

5 Likes

You deserved it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Is there an easy way to back up entire threads off of the site?

4 Likes

Hey there!

Some of us have a problem reading through strikethroughs. This is a problem a lot of websites have that, thankfully, some are addressing as time goes on. The main problem is there is a white strikethrough on white text, rather than having the strikethrough be a different color and making the text stand out a lot more by highlighting the red on the top and bottom of the struck-through text.

This is how it looks on DCUI:

strikethrough

This is what I’m proposing (from Reddit)

It would be incredibly helpful, especially for those with visual impairments, to distinguish the strikethrough aspect from the text itself optically.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Thank you!

BG DCSHG

8 Likes

Unfortunately, no. Due to data privacy, we don’t have a feature like that on the site.

Thanks for that recommendation! We will see what we can do :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you for getting back to me promptly. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Follow-up: is there a way to easily back up your own posts? I see that there’s a button for like recent activity in settings but how far back does that go?

3 Likes