MASTER TOPIC: New Community(3.0) Questions, Feedback & Suggestions

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it and was finally able to add a gif to a post.

3 Likes

Thank you! I really appreciate your help and you moving my post here so I know where to ask questions. If I could trouble you with one more, can we cross out words? Like just put a line through them and if so, how?

2 Likes

Hoping this is the right place. How do we report missing issues? The newest Suicide Squad series is missing Issue 2. Currently only has issues 1 and 3. Not sure why 2 was skipped.

3 Likes

Hey @MasterBruiseWayne! :wave: You can cross out words by adding ~~ to each end of the phrase you want to cross out. Like so:

Example A.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi @Dathmus, thank you for the report! This particular comic had a file issue and our team is currently in the process of sourcing the original files so we can re-upload it to the server; rest assured our team will get this fixed as soon as possible. :muscle:

In the future, you can post any comic errors you find in our Comic Book Error Report Thread here! :batparrot:

6 Likes

Is there something similar for underlining words? Iā€™ve just been typing [ā€œU][/Uā€] around the words I want to underline, but if thereā€™s an easier code, please let me know. Thanks.

2 Likes

Great question! Unfortunately, I donā€™t believe thereā€™s a simple version akin to the ā€œ~~ā€. The code you are using is the best option at the moment. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Make the header menu float when scrolling. Itā€™s annoying to scroll to the top of the page to access it, only to have the older posts load and push it off the screen.

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! This has been requested before but Iā€™ll mark it down again :slight_smile:

6 Likes

When previously announced comic issue releases are delayed, it would be nice if an official post was made to that effect, along the lines of this, without people having to ask about it. I totally get why DC may not want to publicize delays, but it would be useful information to have, so that people arenā€™t just left wondering where expected issues are.

4 Likes

Hey @KookieSuperApe, thank you for the suggestion. Iā€™ll pass this along to the rest of the team and weā€™ll see what we can do about disseminating the information differently in the future. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I would like to suggest some sort of buffering system for reading on the browser.
When reading on tablet, I can download an issue to avoid the problem, but often on PC, Iā€™ll have a problem where when I turn the page it will load the wrong one. Then I have to keep flipping pages for it to correct itself. Then another page pops up out of place.

To give an example:
I opened Justice League #59 to take a look at the JLDark back-up.
I used the page browser to select page 20, the first page of the story.
When I turned to page 21, it loaded page 18. Since I had it zoomed in to panel view at the time, I didnā€™t notice and thought it was just a cameo of the main League.
Once I realized it was the wrong page (hard to do without the page browser since page numbers no longer exist in comics), I flipped pages back and forth to get page 21 to appear, but instead page 23 popped up and replaced page 20.

4 Likes

And a couple of different suggestions:

It would be nice to be able to find previous weeksā€™ releases without having to do a search for the individual titles.

Speaking of searchingā€¦ The search function no longer works like it used to.
Before, if I typed in something, like Justice League and I saw the one I wanted pop up in the drop-down (say ā€œJustice League of America (1960-1987)ā€), I could click the name and it would take me directly to the series page.
Now it just uses those words in a search, giving a ton of results.
I liked the old way.
I could type in part of the title, and the year (like ā€œLeague 1960ā€) , and it would give the matching result in the drop-down that I could click and go right to the series page.

5 Likes

Hey @LeonardoMyst, thank you for the requests and report! Iā€™ve added these to the list for the team to take a look at. :female_detective:

7 Likes

I was thinking that it would be helpful, especially on my threads, if there was an ability that allowed the people who created a thread to pin a post to the bottom of the thread. What I mean is the pinned post will show at the bottom of the thread, until dismissed by one of the users or unpinned by the host.

Almost like what the moderators do with banners, but for individual threads/posts.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, JD! Iā€™ll get that noted.

5 Likes

Thanks

4 Likes

Suddenly
ALL of the Topics
In ALL Community Forums
Are WHITE

Previously TODAY
White Topic
Were topic
New or Updated
Since I last looked at the Topic

EVERYTHING else was gray.

Is this
Just me
Or is it happening to
Everybody?

This makes
Going through Community
VERY difficult
Since Every Topic looks new

6 Likes

The same thing is happening to me.

6 Likes

Thanks for letting us know about this, @TurokSonOfStone1950 and @scoop001! Weā€™re looking into this now.

7 Likes

Thanks @TurokSonOfStone1950 and @scoop001! The team is aware of the issue and are working on a fix as we speak. Sit tight!

8 Likes