MASTER TOPIC: New Community(3.0) Questions, Feedback & Suggestions

That Batgirl Halloween Variant Bombshells has been on my most wanted list forever!!!

5 Likes

I :purple_heart: it so much! I was lucky enough to snatch it up a few years back. :+1:

5 Likes

Lucky :four_leaf_clover: lol. I’m jealous but happy for u. I had one shot at it for a killer price & they reissued a new line of Huntress’ Bishoujo statue cuz the 1st edition sold out so fast. Had to pass & grab that one when I had the chance. I’ll get her eventually lol.

4 Likes

Having just done the avatar shuffle in the past few days…I had to log out and log back in (both from the app and the community) for changes to appear. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

It worked! Yay! Thx @Angel212! :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

You’re welcome! Glad my many avatar trials of the last few days could help! Sadly couldn’t fix the blurriness of mine. :sob:

3 Likes

:pleading_face: I hope you can find some resolve on this issue @Angel212.

3 Likes

Not sure what’s going on with the community, but this doesn’t look right:

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been seeing that kind of thing on a few posts today. Thankfully it doesn’t seem to be changing anything on the actual topics themselves, but still strange in general

4 Likes

@KookieSuperApe @arkhamassassin Thanks for pointing that out :thinking:

5 Likes

@KookieSuperApe @arkhamassassin

Thanks for the heads up on that, it’s a side effect of a new cosmetic update that Discourse performed yesterday. I’ve passed this bug onto them and they’ll get it fixed ASAP!

4 Likes

Please fix the blurry profile pics.

Pretty please? With a cherry on top?

Just tried switching to something I thought would look nice. Came out where you couldn’t even make out what the image was because of the downgrading it does.

1st world problems I know. Been an issue since the early days though :slightly_smiling_face:.

4 Likes

I’ve been wondering about this. The avatar sizes on here are 120 x 120. That’s a lot of downsizing for particularly large images, so you’ll naturally lose quality when it resizes no matter how sharp/HD the original image is.

I can’t test it myself right this moment, but if you crop your original image to those dimensions, does it upload in better resolution for you?

5 Likes

Hey @staticshocks can you or the Moderators please fire Alfred? Anytime I read new comics, he shows up and not letting me read. I hit refresh many time on each pages and he won’t budge.
This really is not a good thing for DC Universe Infinite. Thankyou. :confused:

3 Likes

No way! Alfred is too much of an asset. (Also, he’s got, like, major seniority over me.)

In all seriousness though, we’d be happy to look into that for ya. Can you specify/link the specific issues you’re having troubles viewing? Also, is this through the app or on the DCUI site?

4 Likes

Thanks for the response :slightly_smiling_face:

1- I have no idea how to do that.
2- Kinda defeats the purpose when you want to use an image you already have. Cropping it means we just lose most of the image.
3- I tried before with “smaller” images I found online. Didn’t really make much of a difference.
4- There’s a list that Applejack was keeping somewhere and this was one of the items on it; must’ve been on there the last couple years or so. Just seems like it never really gained much steam as far as priority.

Thanks for looking into this. Cosmetic as it may be, I think it would go a long way in making things livelier on the forums.

4 Likes

As Kevin said to his mom in Home Alone, ‘It’s not even rated R.’
Thankyou, it was this comic…

He pretty much won’t let me see almost every page. And I’m using a Samsung Galaxy A Tablet. Thankyou.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Peeking into this on the mobile app, the pages load in full for me. Same thing for the website. It may be an issue with your connectivity; make sure you’re in good wifi range (or, if loading through data, confirm that you have decent signal). Otherwise, you may want to try uninstalling/reinstalling.

@moro I’m gonna continue looking into this since I believe it to be an issue that can be resolved through what I mentioned earlier (just currently waiting for my own avatar to update to confirm). It would be great if I could get some idea of how to help people with that issue.

You can crop/shrink the image down to size most easily using Paint (or if you’re on mobile, just through editing your photos on your phone). You don’t necessarily have to “cut out” any parts of the image when you resize it manually, as compared to cropping, but you do lose quality of the image itself when you shrink it, just like how the quality is lost through the site – this is what generally happens on any social media site.

Like I said, it’s a lot of information to compress down into a small size. Likewise, any images smaller than 120 x 120 are gonna be stretched and skewed to fit the proportions, so those pixels would become enlarged and lose a huge amount of quality as well.

That said, I will definitely keep this in mind and continue trying to provide some pointers to avoid that if/when I can confirm a fix for myself.

5 Likes

Thankyou for your help @staticshocks, I’ll try.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Just to second @moro’s concern, this has been bothering me a lot the last few weeks (even though it is just a minor cosmetic thing). There is also the issue of new profile pictures not loading until you log out and then in again. I’m starting to understand why I see so many generic Batman avatar images around the boards now. :upside_down_face:

Thanks for looking into this! :blush:

5 Likes