MASTER TOPIC: New Community(3.0) Questions, Feedback & Suggestions

Okay. Ask your questions about getting around the site here. What are you having trouble with in terms of getting around the site?

2 Likes

how do I ost my stories

2 Likes

You need to post things in the appropriate threads. You said you didn’t know what threads are. What problem are you having in understanding how to navigate threads?

2 Likes

yes how do you navigate the threats

2 Likes

Okay. Do you see at the top of your screen where it says “MASTER TOPIC: New Community(2.0) Questions, Feedback & Suggestions”?

2 Likes

yes

2 Likes

That tells you what thread you are in. Always check that before you post.

Now, there are two types of thread on this community. There are public threads and private threads.

If you look in your screen’s upper right corner, do you see your icon and username? For me, it looks like this.

When you click on it, you’ll see a little menu come up.

Do you see that menu?

1 Like

yes I do see that

2 Likes

Cool. So this menu has two parts that you’ll need to pay specific attention to. The first is the notifications area. That’s this little bell on the left here.

This is where you get new notifications. If someone responds to you, @'s you, likes a post, or responds in a PM you have tracked, then you’ll see it here. If you click or tap on that, it will take you to the thread where the activity happened.

The other important part is the PM section. That’s this little envelope right here:

If you click on that, then it will show you a list of PMs. This is where you can easily access your list of PMs.

If you have a lot of PMs and are having trouble finding one, you can click on this little arrow at the bottom to see all of your PMs:

Then when you tap on the links on that page, it will take you to that thread.

Again, DCUI has both public and private threads. Public threads like this will be available from the forum section here. Private threads are only available by following the steps above. They have little mail icons in front of them to indicate that they are private. A lot of clubs will have club messages which will show here. For example, here’s one from the Renegade Robins club:

When you are on your messages page, you can also send someone a new message. You do that by clicking on this button which says “New Message”:

This will open up a new message panel:

Here, you can contact a user directly by typing their name in “Add a user.” This will make a new PM, which is also called a private thread. You can send messages to multiple users this way.

You can also get to different pages if people link them. Links will be in blue text and you can follow them by clicking or tapping on them.

Does this make more sense? Try navigating to your messages now and send me a PM!

2 Likes

yeah it does

3 Likes

Glad to hear it!

2 Likes

@ttcoolthomas2025.65070 if you @ Kelex he is very helpful and has tutorials

1 Like

@Kelex can you help me out

2 Likes

Hello! I am Kelex. I can assist you with matters like community features and more. To find out everything I can do, say @kelex display help.

1 Like

@Kelex display help

1 Like

@kelex display help

1 Like

I can do many tasks, like: 1) Start a tutorial to show you all of the Community features 2) Roll 2d6 3) Recite a DC quote, or 4) Tell your fortune.

Please note: if you start a tutorial, please be sure to check your notifications to begin after inputting the command.

Give it a try:

@kelex start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@kelex roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@kelex wisdom

:left_speech_bubble: Great Caesar’s Ghost! — Perry White
:left_speech_bubble: Once you choose hope, anything is possible. — Christopher Reeve

@kelex fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

1 Like

@ttcoolthomas2025.65070 sometimes kelex can be glitchy

1 Like

glicthy like how

2 Likes

Just not responding when you first @ kelex

1 Like