MASTER TOPIC: New Community(3.0) Questions, Feedback & Suggestions

Don’t make me no nevermind :smiley:

2 Likes

When I selected “Community Events” option in the drop down shown in the screen shot below, it changed itself to #activities

I’m typing #activities

58%20PM

When I’m trying explain where to find a bookclub, using the # is helpful. But it auto-changes to #“activities”. The Name of the section is “Community Events”. It can be confusing to a reader when my comment says find us in the “activities” section instead of find us in the “Community events” section .

1 Like

Edit: It all resolved itself once I hit level 2.

22%20PM

I’m level 1 and I can’t message anyone.

52%20PM

I don’t see the option.

55%20PM

Also, I can’t make posts with links, even though level 1 is supposedly able to.

2 Likes

I’m level 1 (last I looked).

Do the vets get bumped up to 3 or whatever our corresponding level would be?

1 Like

Kelex still having issues in the tutorial. I tried replying with just One of the links, and a reply with a line, then the link, them a new line (in case it was parsing strange. Both coming back with nothing. Or more accurately not getting a response back at all from Kelex.

(Also stuck around level 2, so no iceberg lounge access, can’t even get the bouncer to show up to give them the password from Detective comics.

Do you want bugs filled in this suggestions box thread or should there be a separate bug topic?

iOS 13.1.3 iPhone 6s

1 Like

Suggestion: Could the size of comments be slimmer? They take up a lot of space now and I can only see 1-2 on my screen at once. Maybe it’s just my preference, but I would like to be able to see more of the conversation at once.

3 Likes

I concur. Doesn’t seem to be a way to DM AJ or other mods directly either.

But on the plus side, editing posts works. Woohoo!!

2 Likes

Very small suggestion but on iOS it would be nice to swipe to go back instead of having to hit back arrows

4 Likes

I just had the strangest thing happen. I was moving from one page to another when I got the buffering circle and then an error that stated my login time has expired and I was logged out of the forum. This was on my Kindle Fire.

1 Like

In my preferences > Emails, I checked the Activity Summary box and an hourly interval. But I have not received activity summary emails. I checked my junk mail, they are not in my junk mail.

Emails%20-%20Activity%20Summary

1 Like

@JLWWSM
I’m using the “dark” interface as opposed to discord interface. There is a sticky that says ”all of my outgoing mail has been disabled by an administrator.”

So I’m guessing it’s not just me. Maybe it’s been disabled until launch day tomorrow??? Could be a glitch in sendmail???

3 Likes

@DeSade-acolyte Thank you so much for sharing that. I’m stunned by how many more functions I can see now in the dark interface. I never would’ve thought that changing the background color of the interface would give me more functionality. I’ll be rolling in the dark interface now.

Update - I missed the pretty blue colors!! I changed it back to the discourse-dcuniverse-theme. But I’ll change it to dark next time I’m searching for functionality. Thank you again :star: @DeSade-acolyte

2 Likes

Happy to be of assistance. I stumbled on it last night. The difference in information is “interesting”

2 Likes

How about adding a “Kelex wisdom” thread in the watchtower section? a few time a day have kelex impart wisdom to the community. (I don’t know if this is programatically possible.)

1 Like

@Applejack @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell
If one goes to the faqs (Community guidelines, posting guidelines, etc) it put you in the help center but no way to get out except for back buttons on the browser. (Safari 13.0.2, MacOS 10.13.6)

The clicking on the circular-esque “DC Universe” button on the upper left corner of the page, only returns you to t4he help center, instead off back to thew community home.

This is an inconsistent UI behavior and very frustrating. (It seems to me, there should always be a “home” type button the page. I thought the circular-esque “DC Universe” button was this function. But, it appears not. (Or its just a bug, rather than a feature).

1 Like

Thank you all for the suggestions and feedback! This is all extraordinarily helpful as we work to ensure that our shiny new community runs as effectively as possible. I’ve passed all of the feedback concerning functionality along to the rest of the team and will be discussing your suggestions as well.

You’re all the true heroes here and we couldn’t do this without you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I mentioned this in another section, but on my phone I do not see the reply button to post messages. I am sending this message on my iPad.

1 Like

What is going to happen to the old calendar of events (powered by tockify)? it still exists, but the link is to the new snazzy calendar and not the old clunky 1.0 version. i didn’t go thru the entire topic, so if this was already mentioned, my apologies for not doing my due diligence

1 Like

I would love a setting on our profiles to be able to see how close we are to the next clearance level. Discord has a similar set-up if a specific server allows players to earn levels. @Applejack. It would make everything so much easier.

2 Likes

That is super strange. :thinking:

Go ahead and send in a ticket to support so they can look into it and hopefully keep you from getting logged out randomly again! :green_heart:

1 Like