MASTER TOPIC: New Community(3.0) Questions, Feedback & Suggestions

@SaintBrodie - Sorry for the delay in response! There is not this feature currently, but it’s been requested and is on the teams radar. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hello my follow DC fan. I haven’t posted in a while. But I’m back.
How would all feel about the DCUI app letting users add notes and/or annotations to personally add on any page or panel that only we ourselves can see.for multiple reasons.

I’ve been using the apple pen a lot cuz someone gave me it and I like it. It’s so much easier to jot things down. But I know we all don’t have one, so you use other things or just type.
have you ever wanted to tag or mark a page you want to go back to, or even to make a note so when you come back you won’t be confused. Even add notes to help you make sense of a long , long saga that you keep having to use wiki or go back back to a certain number comic?

Another feature can be make like a small annotations box and add a color that means something to you so you don’t have to write or type, and you’ll remember when you see it. One example will be a small red box on a certain panel that may have clues you’re trying to figure out. Or just keep track of a certain character you love and when they shows up. The possibilities are endless and I’m sure other people will find better ways to use this than me.

most importantly these notes MUST have a toggle switch so people can hide their notes and enjoy the comic without all the mess. Also they should stand out somehow so we know it’s not part of the comic.

so users what do you think? Also DC is this even at all possible? Please say yes

3 Likes

Hi @ericsjustmymiddlename - I’ve merged your thread over here with this post. While we can’t make any promises, I’ll definitely note your feature request and pass it on to the development team for further review!

5 Likes

Ok thank you for that, I didn’t know what happened. I thought I did something bad, I was worried, I don’t want to get kicked out.
while I did want developers to see this, I was mainly asking the community for their thoughts and ideas. So I figured general discussion Is the place I can get feed back from the community.
I guess it’s not that big of a deal but at least someone (you) seen it and is going to pass it on

4 Likes

Can we please get some quality control on the digitizing of the comics?

I’m reading these on PC and some have panels that are turned sideways and even some are completely upside down (currently reading Batman (2011) #5 and the back half is either sideways or upside down with no way to change this on my end) and it’s hard to read this way.

This isn’t the first comic I’ve come across like this. Someone needs to go back and check each comic individually. I know it’s a big task but still, I can’t read upside down and I get lightheaded cranking my head sideways.

4 Likes

Hey there @keithm2014.32205! We actually do have people who do this but, like you said, it’s a huge endeavor.

That being said, we always welcome when community members let us know about issues they discover with comics. We have a whole thread for it, actually! → DCUI: Submit All Comic Book Errors HERE!

Concerning the Batmann (2011) #5 issue you have mentioned, I’ve jotted that down so that the people who take care of these issues can get it sorted :slight_smile:

Please let us know about the rest of the issues you’ve discovered over in that thread!

6 Likes

A couple community features that I’d like to see, both of which are commonplace on other forums/communities that I’ve been a member of:

1. Post signatures: basically, a customizable block of text (or an image or what have you) that appears below every post that any given member makes.

2. An “ignore” list: a way to hide posts from members whose posts you don’t want to see. (For some reason, I thought that we already had this feature, but if we do, I can’t find it).

Thank you.

5 Likes

Hey @KookieSuperApe, thanks for the requests! I’ve gone ahead and added your first one regarding post signatures to the list - I agree that this would be a great addition to the platform if possible.

Concerning your second request, this is already a feature! Please follow the steps to see if you can access and use the feature:

1. Navigate to your profile.
  2. Select “preferences” on the far right.
  3. Select “users” underneath “notifications” near the bottom of the list.
  4. To ignore a member (no posts, notifications, or PMs): Press the “add” button. Type the member name(s) you want to add to your ignore list in the search bar. Select the duration of your ignore from the dropdown menu and press the “ignore” button.
  5. To mute a member (no notifications or PMs): Type the member name(s) you want to add to your mute list in the search bar. Press the “save changes” button.

If I misunderstood and you are looking for a feature specifically to only block posts (and not notifications or PMs) or have any questions or concerns, please let us know. :smiley:

6 Likes

Thanks for the “ignore” instructions. I wouldn’t have thought to look under “Notifications” for that feature.

6 Likes

do the mods do the feed back here?

3 Likes

The mods listen and note member feedback here, yes :slight_smile:

Is there anything you’d like to let us know or even ask about our community? We are open to your questions, feedback, and suggestions!

6 Likes

This was actually the way Batman #5 was printed originally. It was meant to make the reader feel as lost in the maze as Batman was by having to turn the book as you read. This wasn’t a scanning mistake. Though, the concept doesn’t work too well digitally.

2 Likes

Doesn’t work at all on a PC. I can’t turn my head upside down LOL

3 Likes

Hello @Moderators,
I was browsing through alot of comics on DC Universe Infinite,
When some of the books look interesting to read, I run into this…

I must’ve ran into more then 20 of those, I understand back in 2018, DC was trying to add many comic as possible for the new DC Universe at the time, can DC please edit these Summary to let the readers know what the book is about. Thankyou.
Also Thankyou so much for adding the full cover for Superman Adventures #1! :smiley:

5 Likes

Thanks for the report @Lincolnfan78, I’ve added this to the list! Did you encounter this on any particular comics that you can recall? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Some of them were in The Flash and Wonder Woman, Green Arrow & Green Lantern comics from 1987-2016. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks for the update, I made sure to add that information in as well :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not quite sure this fits here, but I couldn’t find anything closer.

Suggestion: An entry in the credits of comics (paper and electronic) that identifies which universe a story appears in. Justice League: Last Ride, for example, certainly doesn’t feel like Earth Prime. Elsewhere would be fine for alternative histories/futures and the like. I like to categorize things by Universes. This would make it much easier to do so.

5 Likes

We can’t make any promises, but I’ve noted this suggestion! Thanks!

3 Likes

How do I make text smaller, such as in this post?

3 Likes